7 years ago today: Jon Jones decimated Rampage Jackson effortlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Rampage was juiced?

Juiced up on that Monster

rampage-monster.0.png

rampage_jackson_arrest_03.jpg

Rampage coming off a decision win over Matt Hamill....

That was in 2010? Crazy how time flies...

I remember Page getting questioned after the fight happened, and he said that Jones was the kind of guy you have to fight twice to beat.

<36>

Rampage coming off a decision win over Matt Hamill....
Lol yep

Jones fans always trying to rewrite history that Jones beat the "best versions" of fighters

The "old" Rampage was apparently back all the sudden (for Jones) because he decisioned Hammil coming into the fight lol

Jones fans are the worst. The try to act like Jones beat a prime Shogun too when the reality was Shogun was coming off his 3rd major surgery and took that fight on short notice

Last edited:
At this point in his career, I don't think we had ever seen Jones punched in the face. We were all still wondering what kind of a chin he had. You can call it cowardice or whatever, but it's still crazy to think that he ascended what was at the time the most glamorous division in the UFC without ever being touched.
Is this a joke post or sarcastic post?

2ptw2z8.gif

i5ozvc.gif

xc7qlf.gif

mwsls7.gif

255hyqx.gif

24oylie.gif

2d7hmkx.jpg

168ijk2.gif

Jones always got hit with big shots in all his fights. He has garbage defense but an iron chin

Not to mention the fact that all of those opponents were all significantly smaller and older than Jones

Shogun and Rampage especially were not at their best

Machida was 1-2 coming into that fight with Jones as well

At no point was the LHW division ever actually great. It was all only ever hype based on "names" due to PRIDE's infatuation with bigger men/freakShow fights and the sideshow Liddell/Tito era

Plus by the time Jones came along the old guard was already declining

"Right place right time"

On top of that Jones never beat anyone his size or age.

It's no suprise that when the ONLY other young prospect to come alongside Jones (who was almost as big) finally faced Jones, Jones was badly exposed (by Gus)

Jones is one of the most over rated fighters in combat sports history

When you hear Dana and Rogan continually wetting themslefes to proclaim Jones the "greatest talent to ever step foot in the octagon," it's a joke and full on propaganda. Always makes me double face palm hard

The "greatest talent ever" doesn't need PEDs to win - and doesn't get badly beaten up and exposed the first time he fights someone his size and age

The "greatest talent ever" CAN NEVER be a LHW

All the talent and depth is at the lower weight classes

Etc etc

Last edited:
Lol yep

Jones fans always trying to rewrite history that Jones beat the "best versions" of fighters

The "old" Rampage was apparently back all the sudden (for Jones) because he decisioned Hammil coming into the fight lol

Jones fans are the worst. The try to act like Jones beat a prime Shogun too when the reality was Shogun was coming off his 3rd major surgery and took that fight on short notice
Rampage looked great during that time. If I recall, Matt Hammil just kind of kept his distance and didn't engage much. Remember, just before coming to the UFC (KO'd Liddell in his second fight), he had some bad showings and looked past it against Lindland and had a few stinkers in his PRIDE days. Rampage is one of those guys that it was truly whether he was mentally focused or not. This isn't one of those Donald Cerrone oh-i-was-not-there-mentally excuses used every time he got his ass kicked by a superior fighter. Seemed like Rampage started going down hill a bit after this. Like slower, can't defend takedowns, etc.

Not a Jones fan but I do believe he is quite easily the best fighter to date. If you disqualify him for steroids, I'm okay with that as well.

Is this a joke post or sarcastic post?

2ptw2z8.gif

i5ozvc.gif

xc7qlf.gif

mwsls7.gif

255hyqx.gif

24oylie.gif

2d7hmkx.jpg

168ijk2.gif

Jones always got hit with big shots in all his fights. He has garbage defense but an iron chin

Not to mention the fact that all of those opponents were all significantly smaller and older than Jones

Shogun and Rampage especially were not at their best

Machida was 1-2 coming into that fight with Jones as well

At no point was the LHW division ever actually great. It was all only ever hype based on "names" due to PRIDE's infatuation with bigger men/freakShow fights and the sideshow Liddell/Tito era

Plus by the time Jones came along the old guard was already declining

"Right place right time"

On top of that Jones never beat anyone his size or age.

It's no suprise that when the ONLY other young prospect to come alongside Jones (who was almost as big) finally faced Jones, Jones was badly exposed (by Gus)

Jones is one of the most over rated fighters in combat sports history

When you hear Dana and Rogan continually wetting themslefes to proclaim Jones the "greatest talent to ever step foot in the octagon," it's a joke and full on propaganda. Always makes me double face palm hard

The "greatest talent ever" doesn't need PEDs to win - and doesn't get badly beaten up and exposed the first time he fights someone his size and age

The "greatest talent ever" CAN NEVER be a LHW

All the talent and depth is at the lower weight classes

Etc etc
This is hilarious.

Now Jones is credited for GOAT simply because of Rogan/Dana propagation and, of course, we are all sheep and accept those remarks at face value, except for "PROlogic", who has singlehandedly exposed Jones for what he really is - overrated.

We've heard it all now.

You're going to deep with this trolling

I love jones but he fought like a coward against page

Ummm, so tapping someone out, is fighting like a coward?? hmmmmm....my definition differs a tad.

Yeah because Conor has never won a fight in the UFC.Never owned both Aldo and Alvarez.He is all talk.

don't forget holloway, pourier and mendes...1 of those is now a world champion and the other be fighting for one in the near future.

Jon was legit shook for that fight. He says here that Rampage is the only fighter that intimidated him..

I just don't get why make a thread about this particular fight, talked about Rashad DC or shogun.

I though rampage looked okay in this fight even

don't forget holloway, pourier and mendes...1 of those is now a world champion and the other be fighting for one in the near future.
to be fair to Holloway.Conor beat him when Holloway was struggling with guys like Bermudez and Garcia.It's not the same Max now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back