7 years ago today: Jon Jones decimated Rampage Jackson effortlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Rampage owned him at the presser..

JonesRampage_faceoff.gif

Thats all that matters, right Conor fans?

That goofy act cost Rampage

At this point in his career, I don't think we had ever seen Jones punched in the face. We were all still wondering what kind of a chin he had. You can call it cowardice or whatever, but it's still crazy to think that he ascended what was at the time the most glamorous division in the UFC without ever being touched.

Yeah Rampage was supposed to knock Jones head off in this fight

Lol yep

Jones fans always trying to rewrite history that Jones beat the "best versions" of fighters

The "old" Rampage was apparently back all the sudden (for Jones) because he decisioned Hammil coming into the fight lol

Jones fans are the worst. The try to act like Jones beat a prime Shogun too when the reality was Shogun was coming off his 3rd major surgery and took that fight on short notice

Shogun was by far the best shape of his life against Jones. He just beat the undefeated Machida and his corrective surgery made his knees "feel the best theyve had in career" according to him.

The truth is Jones is so vastly superior to brawlers like Shogun and Rampage their fights werent remotely competitive.

Shogun just took an uncompromising ass whooping till his body couldn't endure it anymore and he pleaded with the ref to make it stop

I saw Rampage a month before at the Tito/Rashad fight and drunkenly gave him tips on how to fight Jones. He should of listened.

You really like this tactic? I lean toward rule changes for allowing knees to down opponents - But being able to kick someone’s knee the opposite way and hyperextend it..

I get submissions do the same thing to an extent, but this strike doesn’t allow the opponent a chance to tap, defend, etc. knee injuries are career ending.. I’m not saying to “nerf” the sport... It just seems like a strange stricking tactic to allow.

Not saying it would have changed anything related to this fight..

I have discussed this with so many people on here and I still cant understand the argument in favor of kicks to the knees.

I have discussed this with so many people on here and I still cant understand the argument in favor of kicks to the knees.

Yah - Seems a little strange. You could take the same kick to any other area of the body and in theory, it wouldn’t be a strike that would amount to much... But it lands on the knee and it’s a different story... again- for the 10,000ths time, don’t want to nerf the sport... I just can’t justify tactics like this strike... just not my cup of tea... but to each their own..

At this point in his career, I don't think we had ever seen Jones punched in the face. We were all still wondering what kind of a chin he had. You can call it cowardice or whatever, but it's still crazy to think that he ascended what was at the time the most glamorous division in the UFC without ever being touched.
Someone missed the Gus fight. Not only did Jones get touched, he took a whipping.

7 years ago on this day..
I watched that fight.
And I was 7 years younger.
And .....that's all.i.have to add to this ridiculous thread...
<{clintugh}>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back