No, it doesn't work like that, because the guys the weight class up are cutting 20 pounds as well. So even if a big weight cutter moved up a class, he wouldn't get guys his size he'd be undersized.

I know that and it can be understood that you are afraid to face a bigger guy, most people get scared by that. But that also shows signs about a schoolyard-bully mentality, you always need to be the bigger fish because otherwise you couldnt get your big fish money out of beating the smaller people.

I know they have to get their money to keep their families alive, but being the bigger guy is not what martial arts is about. But we also know how that is in real life, and especially in this sport, where in the history of the UFC only one champion has went up a weight division to challenge for the belt and for that he is bigger than the hero of time.

But seriously, if you cut +20 pounds, cant rehydrate, gas out in a fight and lose. Just please dont make up any excuses about a nurse or the IV. It was your decision.

"Witch Hunt" ???
That was dumb. The rules apply to everyone.

They're trying to cut down on PED's, which is Cheating.
I hate cheaters. So I have no problem with this

They should have a Clean MMA organization and a PED-allowed organization.
Which maybe they all were at one point in history.

I dont understand fans like you, you all want the best fights always and expect a lot from fighters and you guys are all against PEDs...who cares if theyre on PEDs most Athletes in general that are getting paid are taking PEDs MMA fans are annoying jeeezus

I thought this is a perfect way to get guys to go to a more natural weightclass.

Isn't that going to be the end result?

I thought this is a perfect way to get guys to go to a more natural weightclass.

Isn't that going to be the end result?

I think it's more likely they stay in the same weight division and get tired earlier and fight poorly.

I dont understand fans like you, you all want the best fights always and expect a lot from fighters and you guys are all against PEDs...who cares if theyre on PEDs most Athletes in general that are getting paid are taking PEDs MMA fans are annoying jeeezus

I dont get fans like you, you want to watch a sport and be all involved and shit. But when your faveorite fighter gets popped for PED;s, now you think rules are bad for the sport.

If the rule book says you have to eat your shit before a fight and you dont like it, then dont get involved and live your life happily without eating shit.

Just because people have been doing stupid stuff since the birth of jesus, doesnt mean they should continue doing stupid shit untill the end of time.

Maybe, but i still believe most MMA fighters arent that stupid.

You're being naive, they will continue to try and fight at the same weight class until they find out they can't and they can't find that out until they try to make the same weight class without the IV.

You're being naive, they will continue to try and fight at the same weight class until they find out they can't and they can't find that out until they try to make the same weight class without the IV.

I know that, i was looking in to a time where most fighters have fought their first post-IV ban fight.

the weight cuts and the number of fighters cutting weight get worse every year. a lot of fighters are gonna end up on the kidney transplant list down the line.

I know that, i was looking in to a time where most fighters have fought their first post-IV ban fight.

That just makes it more dangerous for the fighters and they won't perform as well. The IV ban is stupid and dangerous.

So once we start seeing good fighters decline because of silly things like TRT bans and IV bans and we start getting slop fests and gas fests, will we change our tune about PEDs?

Personally, I want TRT Vitor, Erick Silva, Hendo. I want IV Aldo. But I guess I'm the only one.

So once we start seeing good fighters decline because of silly things like TRT bans and IV bans and we start getting slop fests and gas fests, will we change our tune about PEDs?

Personally, I want TRT Vitor, Erick Silva, Hendo. I want IV Aldo. But I guess I'm the only one.

Why stop there? If fighter health isn't an issue, weapons are the way to go if you want real excitement. There's a reason the Roman's used weapons (and wild animals) in their gladiator games.

Instead of weight divisions you could have weapon divisions - sword, spear, knife, maybe even a firearms division (sort of like a western show-down) if you can figure out how to keep the spectators from getting killed).

Lets face it, humans have evolved to use weapons in our fighting (we'd still be tiger kibble without weapons), this unarmed stuff is as arbitrarily restricted as banning PED's and IV's.

More weight classes combined with small to no weight cuts would be amazing. Fight weigh in/day off weigh in and we're all good. Stronger athletes, more superfights.

I completely agree with this. Brunson cut down from 205. If he decides to fight at 205 he will be fighting A lot of heavier people. 185 is logical for him but that's a 20 pound gap. Slide in a 195lb division and you'd see a lot of MW and LHW meeting at a common ground. It's a win for the fans, and it'd be a win for the people who complain about weight cutting.
Only problem is that the MW and LHW would become a bit watered down.

Derek Brunson on his loss to Yoel Romero where he put on a strong showing against Romero, likely up 2 rounds going into the 3rd but suddenly gassed in the final frame, resulting in a TKO loss and a broken jaw.

I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of guys tough it out with the cut and having performances like these in the near future. There's a video of UFC bantamweight Anthony Birchak talking about what he thinks will happen once the IV ban is in effect too on YouTube.

I wonder how accurate this blanket statement is
which pretty much everybody does.

This sounds kinda like 90% of fighters use PEDs. Do they really know, or is it just 90% of the fighters they've trained with, ie a particular camp where almost everyone uses.

buhuhuhu. Suits him right. F*cking weight cutting.

Fan opinion holds zero ground in comparison to the opinion of people who get in there and perform.

The fans are the people that pay the money to watch the sport of course their opinions are valid.

Back