300lbs athlete thought he could beat Urijah Faber in a fight.

It isn't bullshit and I respect your opinion as well.

I could tap him because on ground he isn't striking and is essentially holding position as a pure novice. Previously I would think similarly, as my understanding has gotten better I realize with striking allowed and adrenaline, it is likely he would cave my head in before I could set up any submissions (I could also catch him as well).

Something doesn't mesh with little guys killing big guys sparring and playing around all the time, but almost never when shit gets real.

I boxed as a youngster (3 amateur fights, trained with Jorge Martinez a local featherweight pro), and transitioned to wrestling/bjj in high school and ended up training all around So-Cal from 2003-2007. I've sparred with several solid fighters, and done my share of beating people who were twice my size. Organized and real fighting are not the same thing at all.

The stronger, more aggressive, more violent person wins nearly all street fights... much different than organized competition. At least in my opinion/experience/observation.

Ok, well I'm not sure what happened to you then, even after a decent amount of fights and training to think this. I've been in over 20 street fights, and most of them were just trashy haymaker brawling for a minute or less (most of them was when my family owned a small shop in the 'hood and I had to throwdown with the customers haha). Most were when I was untrained, but had to fight a lot b/c we were fresh off the boat and could only afford an apartment in a rough area. It was still nothing compared to hard sparring in the gym nor fights in the ring. Yeah, there could be weapons and shit like in the movies and up to Mad Max 3, Thunderdome....but most of my street fights were just like competition fights.....nobody kept on going to kill the other guy, esp. after a KO or even KD. Maybe a few extra shots in for good measure, but that's it....or the crowd would stop it, etc. Go too far and they'll come back later with "hardware". This, "the stronger, more aggressive, more violent person wins nearly all street fights... much different than organized competition" jenk that you just said, seems like what dudes in Krav Maga talks about during their 3 minutes breaks after a 2 minute pads round.

DqUrUVw.gif

BUEzhy4.gif

That was a fun Sapp.

When did he go all limp dick jellyfish?

Faber would be the favorite in a fight against almost any man that has minimal to no fighting background/experience regardless of weight, that includes athletes. Of course size and athleticism can go a long way, but for the most part won't be enough.

The level of stupidity in this thread is incredible. I can't help but think this forum is populated by untrained fat guys who feel threatened by the idea that a small guy could literally kill them with their bare hands.

Even with all the information that is around people still fail to understand the shocking technical and physical gap between a pro fighter and an average joe, no matter how big the average joe is. A mediocre FW would easily destroy 95% of the untrained 250 pounders out there. And we have tons of video evidence of smaller guys beating much bigger untrained guys. Hell, we even have evidence of smaller guys beating TRAINED much bigger dudes. Not sure why you people need to be so fucking delusional. It's really beyond me. Urijah would easily beat the vast majority of you and make it look easy. And if you are so confident in your abilities, go to any MMA gym and ask to spar a smaller fighter. Then post it here. Until you do that, your word means nothing.

The level of stupidity in this thread is incredible. I can't help but think this forum is populated by untrained fat guys who feel threatened by the idea that a small guy could literally kill them with their bare hands.

Even with all the information that is around people still fail to understand the shocking technical and physical gap between a pro fighter and an average joe, no matter how big the average joe is. A mediocre FW would easily destroy 95% of the untrained 250 pounders out there. And we have tons of video evidence of smaller guys beating much bigger untrained guys. Hell, we even have evidence of smaller guys beating TRAINED much bigger dudes. Not sure why you people need to be so fucking delusional. It's really beyond me. Urijah would easily beat the vast majority of you and make it look easy. And if you are so confident in your abilities, go to any MMA gym and ask to spar a smaller fighter. Then post it here. Until you do that, your word means nothing.

Though to be fair, its pretty common among arm chair athletes. I know a lot of guys who, based on their glorious high school athletic successes, think they could do better than some NFL quarterbacks or NHL players (especially goalies for some reason). And there's a lot of recreational tennis playing guys who think they could beat Serena Williams on the court because they're 'bigger and stronger'. Its only when you actually play against top level athletes that you realize just how good you have to be for someone to be willing to pay you millions to play a sport.

Though to be fair, its pretty common among arm chair athletes. I know a lot of guys who, based on their glorious high school athletic successes, think they could do better than some NFL quarterbacks or NHL players (especially goalies for some reason). And there's a lot of recreational tennis playing guys who think they could beat Serena Williams on the court because they're 'bigger and stronger'. Its only when you actually play against top level athletes that you realize just how good you have to be for someone to be willing to pay you millions to play a sport.

It's more than just that. You really need to be DUMB. And i mean literally fucking dumb to believe you could beat someone whose life is fighting. That's all they do. They train fighting all day. How the fuck are you going to beat them just because you're 50, or even 100 pounds heavier? It's not happening. 99% of the time is not happening. And this isn't even something we should be discussing. This is something we could literally go to youtube and in a couple of minutes find hundreds of videos of big guys getting the fuck beaten out of them by small dudes. It's THAT EASY to find. Even in the MMA world is easy to find small guys destroying big guys. Fedor did it for his entire career. Cain did it. DC did it. Sakuraba did it. Royce Gracie submitted a Sumo wrestler. Even when the big guy has some training, we can still find examples of them being destroyed by smaller dudes.

It's more than just that. You really need to be DUMB. And i mean literally fucking dumb to believe you could beat someone whose life is fighting. That's all they do. They train fighting all day. How the fuck are you going to beat them just because you're 50, or even 100 pounds heavier? It's not happening. 99% of the time is not happening. And this isn't even something we should be discussing. This is something we could literally go to youtube and in a couple of minutes find hundreds of videos of big guys getting the fuck beaten out of them by small dudes. It's THAT EASY to find. Even in the MMA world is easy to find small guys destroying big guys. Fedor did it for his entire career. Cain did it. DC did it. Sakuraba did it. Royce Gracie submitted a Sumo wrestler. Even when the big guy has some training, we can still find examples of them being destroyed by smaller dudes.

I agree you need to be dumb to believe that an untrained guy is going to beat someone whose whole life is fighting.

But you also have to be dumb to think that playing QB in high school makes you as good or better than an NFL quarterback, or that you could put on goalie pads and flop about the ice stopping shots in the NHL, or that playing recreational tennis is enough to make you better than Serena Williams (whose whole life is tennis). But these things are all pretty common (though I guess its possible people are just sounding off when they make these claims, without really believing it - your team's goalie lets in an important goal so you say he's an overpaid sieve and you could do better etc).

You think Jose is untouchable because he fights professionally?

He's not a god.

No there’s just a huge difference between being that level of elite and brawling at the bars.

1000 brawls and he’s still going down after one Aldo leg kick.

You can’t take those without years of practice, this isn’t rocket science. Why is this even a conversation? You aren’t one of those Brawlers that reps the affliction tee who could spark Aldo easily are you?

They do dominate fight sports! Did you even watch Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 6? They, with their massive bulging muscles beat any MMA fighter that is less than a LHW.
Confirmed ....Never ever seen a real fight lol ..25 years ago my buddy who is 5ft 7 and about 210 italian . took out the biggest competitor in a tough man contest in Detroit .. guy was 7 ft 2 and 430 pounds .Under 28 seconds . how .Buddy was a gym rat and trained at Kronk but never had any pro fights .ask Art Dore lol and at least 5,000 witnesses lol

I was hoping that the line at the end about earning 7 figures and banging 10s may have been a hint that I was joking...
Wait - you guys are joking when you say that? I’m the only one who is serious? I post here because i thought we were all the same...

No there’s just a huge difference between being that level of elite and brawling at the bars.

1000 brawls and he’s still going down after one Aldo leg kick.

You can’t take those without years of practice, this isn’t rocket science. Why is this even a conversation? You aren’t one of those Brawlers that reps the affliction tee who could spark Aldo easily are you?

You should know better, look at his username and his posts, even if he isn't a troll: treat him like one.

A fighter never ever has lost a fight to a nonfighter. Murder attempts are murder attempts, not fights, whipping out a blunt/bladed instrument or firearm means it's not a fight.

Confirmed ....Never ever seen a real fight lol ..25 years ago my buddy who is 5ft 7 and about 210 italian . took out the biggest competitor in a tough man contest in Detroit .. guy was 7 ft 2 and 430 pounds .Under 28 seconds . how .Buddy was a gym rat and trained at Kronk but never had any pro fights .ask Art Dore lol and at least 5,000 witnesses lol
I think you may have missed my point. That is how quickly all the bigger guys always win against small guys change their tune all the sudden when you mention a pro wrestler, even thought those guys are in shape, huge, strong, and generally can take a hit (most of them due to the bumps they have to take).

He’s a body builder that’s never trained martial arts. Of course urijah faber would beat his ass. It’s not like he’s a big strong wrestler that could just power through technique

Shaq vs mosley

Shaq also went 5 short rounds with De La Hoya. These were straight boxing rules. It's pretty clear that Shaq kills either guy in a street fight. De La Hoya and Mosley were trying and they couldn't hurt Shaq. In a street fight Shaq is GnP them within a minute. The average big guy isn't Shaq by any means but De La Hoya and Mosley were very good champion boxers fighting under their rules.

As I often do in these types of threads, I will remind people that when Leon Spinks was HW champion of the world, immediately after the win against Muhammad Ali, he lost a bar fight in East St. Louis.

What if the guy done judo to a decent level, black belt in karate, boxed and kickboxed as an amateur and can lift over 600 lbs while still running a 12.3 sec 100m? All while weighing around 255-260

Would that guy have a chance on Street vs a pro 135 guy?

Pro would be favourite for sure, but big guy has a chance especially In a bar or closed in area.
shaq and Oscar fight showed size at those weight levels can play a factor if the bigger dude is strong and fast and conditioned

after 200 pounds that's were size matters less and comes down to strategy

Mighty Mouse would easily beat up everyone in this thread

Back