300lbs athlete thought he could beat Urijah Faber in a fight.

I thought there was footage but its just urijah bragging here. Sorry to burst your bubble homie, but no manlet is gonna take out a normal sized human being

..anyone who trains like myself will tell you being great a soccer,rugby ,basketball has nothing to do with fighting...polar opposites really..it's like saying Michael Phelps can beat high level runner because he won swimming gold's..and he's bigger.. in reality he'll get smoked

I don't know what "trains like myself" means, but as a guy that trained rugby for a few years besides fighting sports I think you're grossly exagerating.

trained fighters always win, look how easy chael and kenny take this chump down.
765244_2.jpg

With 1-2 months training a person that much bigger would
smash a manlet like Faber 10/10 times
lol

If he didn't wrestle as a kid, make it 2-3 years, 3+ times a week.. That's to be able to hang and have a chance.

If you don't think size matters in a fight you just haven't seen very many fights. Of course a confident scrapper can win against a bigger guy but if the bigger guy isn't a complete scrub and is decently athletic with good body control the smaller guy is gonna have a problem on his hands. This is all from a organized fighting perspective, if we're talking street fighting the bigger guy will pick your ass up and smash you unconscious into the ground more times than not. Bantamweights are the size of most teenage children, with all due respect.
This is what children think like.

If a guy is big and in shape and game to fight then someone like Gonzalez simply has no chance. And unless the big guy has been cursed with a terrible glass jaw then Gonzalez is not going to have the power to KO him either. We are talking about the real extremes of being small here, a tiny little man. He is 5 ft 3 and too small for 115lbs, which is pretty much his walk around weight.

Here is Paddy Barnes (who is bigger than Gonzalez) with Anthony Joshua

377B5DDA00000578-0-Anthony_Joshua_and_Paddy_Barnes_posed_for_a_picture_in_Rio-a-13_1471856146663.jpg

Now do you think that if Joshua wasn't a trained fighter himself, but say a rugby or football player, that this suddenly changes everything and means that Barnes could beat him up? Like I said, sometimes people take this 'training and skill always beats size' argument too far.
If Joshua was untrained, paddy would fuck him up, it's not hard to understand surely, a pro fighter gets paid to fight for a living they are pretty good at it.

I don't know what "trains like myself" means, but as a guy that trained rugby for a few years besides fighting sports I think you're grossly exagerating.

The England rugby team train with team GB judo to help with their tacking and contact techniques and even they have to use their biggest guys because anyone under a certain size will get ragdolled by some of these guys. There was an incident a couple of years ago where one of the judo guys who competes at 60kg tried to prove a point with Dan Cole, who is about 125kg, but got stood on his head and suffered a shoulder injury. When a guy is huge, strong, athletic, fast, powerful, highly functional and has some dog in him to go with it then they can cause problems for anyone.

I mean no one can seriously think that someone the size of Paddy Barnes could beat up a huge elite level rugby forward who has over a foot in height on him and about 140lbs in weight on him? That is just laughable.

If Joshua was untrained, paddy would fuck him up, it's not hard to understand surely, a pro fighter gets paid to fight for a living they are pretty good at it.

lol. You are seriously deluded and clueless if you really think that.

Some of you need to read up on Ikuhisa Minowa "Minowaman".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikuhisa_Minowa

Being a natural Welterweight he has beaten:
  • HW Baru Harn
  • HW Jimmy Ambriz
  • HW Errol Zimmerman
  • HW Kwan Bum Lee
  • HW Mike Plotcheck
  • HW Kimo Leopoldo
  • HW Gilbert Yvel
  • SHW Imani Lee
  • SHW Butterbean
  • SHW Hong Man Choi
  • SHW Bob Sapp
  • SHW Giant Silva
  • and multiple LHWs
Most of these guys were 100+ lbs heavier than Minowa. Butterbean was 236 pounds heavier! And they're all professional trained fighters FFS!

Last edited:
Natural skill is also very I important Lewis could have walked off the street and put pro fighters to sleep

I thought there was footage but its just urijah bragging here. Sorry to burst your bubble homie, but no manlet is gonna take out a normal sized human being

This just makes it sound like you have never trained a day in your life...

But this is Sherdog, so what the hell do I expect.

So Hardy would destroy him? I'm still trying to get an answer? I didn't know there were people that existed who never fought a day in their life, "ZERO FIGHT EXPERIENCE" must mean your local Walmart manager or something lol.
Never fought a day means never trained.

The average untrained person has zero defense, zero ability to counter a strike, and enough stamina to go about 1 minute before becoming fatigued. Take the average football player to a heavy bag and after 1 minute he will look terrible. The experience of sparring, even a minor amount of time, allows a person to develop some defense and have some experience.

Having said that, at a party a few years ago, about 25 miles north of where I live, a fighter who has appeared on television fighting on Bellator fought a much bigger athlete from the local university, not a division 1 athlete. This was the proverbial "let's go outside" fight. The bigger guy ko'd him with 2 or 3 shots. The pro MMA fighter was a regional MMA champion at the time, had an extensive high school wrestling background, and a significant amount of experience in street fights. I was not there myself but my son was. They went to high school together and were at a party at a lake. So you would think that the pro fighter would want a second chance at a later date, right. No. He had seen enough. The fighter walks around at about 175 -- I would guess. He obviously fights at a lower weight class. He has never been ko'd in a pro MMA fight, and has a winning record, and would be embarrassed as hell if people knew he got smashed by a college kid in a street fight.

I would still bet on the pro fighter the vast majority of the time but it isn't automatic.

Obvious troll

WWF is sports entertainment silly not fight or combat sports..

Also that was pre USADA ..

Also R.I.P ultimate warrior
Uhh I was being sarcastic. People keep saying huge guys will beat smaller fighters, but the second you mention someone like the Hulkster who was like 6’5 and what 275 lb bodybuilder all the sudden they fake fight and would lose badly to even Mighty Mouse. But somehow themselves being 6’2 and 240 at 20% body fat who have never even been punched before can beat any flyweight because they are so big and strong. Especially with a few months of training.

The average untrained person has zero defense, zero ability to counter a strike, and enough stamina to go about 1 minute before becoming fatigued. Take the average football player to a heavy bag and after 1 minute he will look terrible. The experience of sparring, even a minor amount of time, allows a person to develop some defense and have some experience.

Having said that, at a party a few years ago, about 25 miles north of where I live, a fighter who has appeared on television fighting on Bellator fought a much bigger athlete from the local university, not a division 1 athlete. This was the proverbial "let's go outside" fight. The bigger guy ko'd him with 2 or 3 shots. The pro MMA fighter was a regional MMA champion at the time, had an extensive high school wrestling background, and a significant amount of experience in street fights. I was not there myself but my son was. They went to high school together and were at a party at a lake. So you would think that the pro fighter would want a second chance at a later date, right. No. He had seen enough. The fighter walks around at about 175 -- I would guess. He obviously fights at a lower weight class. He has never been ko'd in a pro MMA fight, and has a winning record, and would be embarrassed as hell if people knew he got smashed by a college kid in a street fight.

I would still bet on the pro fighter the vast majority of the time but it isn't automatic.
This is another thing. Being a fighter, he obviously should be favored. But it doesn’t make him invulnerable. A big guy who can punch can still 1 hit KO you, especially in the first minute of a fight. Also, in situations like that you never know if the other guy has had training. For all we know, that local athlete had trained boxing in his teens or had a black belt in karate or something.

Dj would of course beat Kobe. You think Kobe wouldn’t get taken down and choked out?

DJ would struggle to lift Kobe off of the ground if he just stood there.

Think of someone like Quinton Jackson lifting and slamming people of equal size. Cormier had Lewis pinned in a position someone of equal size would be dead in and Lewis just stood up carrying his entire body weight.

If they weren't playing around and were seriously fighting, DJ would not have a prayer.

Back