3 most glaring "massive for weight class" instances?

Gus and Jones make everyone look tiny. Both are HW ducks.

Oretega and Holloway are humongous for FW.

I've always thought Cruz was ducking FW.

I thought Chuck vs Vernon White was bad.

Vernon looked like a WW in there.

So basically anyone tall and skinny is a cheater right?

So basically anyone tall and skinny is a cheater right?
#1 Oretega is not tall and skinny. He's a thick, well built dude who weighs 186 pounds normally year round.

#2 I didn't call anyone a cheater. That's you're choice of words.

j2v5dx6mt5my.jpg

He said he looked 2 weight classes bigger. He didn’t say he actually was.

And there was a pretty big difference

jones-versus-rua-a-watershed-in-mma-history.jpg
{<huh}
The point still stands, as he doesn't look 2 weight classes bigger, does he?

I see a height difference. Again, Jones doesn't cut a ton of weight and has never struggled to make weight. He looks a little bigger and that's it. People never bring it up for when Gus fought Shogun:

mauricio-rua-alexander-gustafsson.jpg

I thought Chuck vs Vernon White was bad.

Vernon looked like a WW in there.
Vernon did look small and deflated in that fight. He was listed as 200 lbs in that fight, probably soaking wet, even before Chuck contribute to his lightening by removing a piece of Tiger's orbital bone with his thumb. Still he did have a considerably bigger frame than Amar.

McGregor/Holloway
Jones
Silva

all got the benefit of being bigger than their comp. its no coincidence they are known as strikers too.

Conor McGregor vs everyone at featherweight

I think most are over estimating Woodleys size since he’s explosive.

Gsp dwarfed the crap out of him on the talk show right before the bisping fight, looked two weight classes bigger.
Woodley has full round muscles, but his frame is not large, same stuff with Sage - he is muscular, but not a big dude.

Off topic but got a source that Tyron is 190 without cutting anything?
I heard it from an embedded, but for the life of me I have been unable to find it (otherwise I would've included it in my post).

Off topic but got a source that Tyron is 190 without cutting anything?
Woodley is definitely over 200 pounds. Probably closer to 210.

I've seen him in a couple movies and cameos on TV. He's huge fully hydrated.

I give some of the worst disparities here, one in Bellator was app. 46 lbs.

Guys, I've been involved MMA 21 1/2 years, a give a lot of data, fight night weights I remembered, what Steroid they use after weight in and how to stop this madness

What re-weight in % should be allowed fight day, what new wt. classes, what penalities

Please give a listen

Good watch, this guy knows what’s up
“They are all on steroids”
They are all on steroids”

{<huh}
The point still stands, as he doesn't look 2 weight classes bigger, does he?

I see a height difference. Again, Jones doesn't cut a ton of weight and has never struggled to make weight. He looks a little bigger and that's it. People never bring it up for when Gus fought Shogun:

mauricio-rua-alexander-gustafsson.jpg
Are you joking? THats not even close. Jon looked much bigger vs Shogun than Gus

Gus is taller, anyone with common sense can look at that pic and see Jones is the larger man by far, not only in height

Are you joking? THats not even close. Jon looked much bigger vs Shogun than Gus

Gus is taller, anyone with common sense can look at that pic and see Jones is the larger man by far, not only in height

Of course, he's bigger, but that's not the argument. The argument was that Jones looked like he was "2 weight classes bigger" which he doesn't. Also, that angle is slightly deceptive. Here's another:

Jones-Shogun.png

Does he look "2 weight classes bigger there?".

P.S could find a pic with the face to face on fight night for Gus. I'm sure he looked a lot bigger when rehydrated.

Many fights, but one that comes to mind was Rory vs BJ. Penn physically was much smaller and softer then Rory and got manhandled. Not only did he lose the fight, but he couldn't even keep up with the dance off...

Back