3 most glaring "massive for weight class" instances?

Not sure there was much of a difference really, especially seeing as how Khabib cuts loads of weight too.
pressure.gif

011_Tibau_and_Nurmagomedov.1341622323.0.jpg

Khabib is a little less cut on fight night but “absolutely dwarfed”!? no way.

Khabib has some thick legs too guy!

Sticking to the UFC (Pride would be a complete different matter) Lidell vs Suloev was an instance were there really was mora than a weight class bettween the figthers. A small MW vs a big (For the time) LHW.

Rumble ever being a WW still baffles me to this day. At one point him and an opponent (Brenneman) were separated by 4 weight classes, Rumble took fights at Heavyweight and Brenneman at Lightweight. Still unreal that they were somehow in the same weight class at any point of their respective careers.

rewatch the fight

I don't have to, I've seen it many times. Jones has never looked like a Super HW at any point in his career, even when he was getting into powerlifting. He makes 205 with no problem and doesn't look drawn on the scales.... unlike someone like DC, Conor, Holloway or many others.

Hendo vs. Big nog.

A natural 185 pounder against a guy that routinely fought at around 245

Crazy to think he won the first time they fought. Hendo was just over 200 pounds for their first fight

Well........he did not look that good once he got to the UFC......but I am going to go with Josh Grispi vs anyone he ever fought at FW. The guy was the biggest fucking FW I have ever seen. He looked like a god damn MW. Just fucking huge for the class.

images

Josh_Grispi.jpg

grispipulver.jpg

josh-grispi-1.jpg

Jeremy Horn vs Daiju Takase

Of course that was back before the Unified Rules and there was no LHW division. Went from

169 and below - Lightweight
170-199 - Middleweight
200 and above Heavyweight

Horn weighed in at the 199 lb limit for MW (and cut a significant amount of weight to make it--he actually did fight at HW in the UFC once weighing 230!) and Takase barely made the lower limit of MW at 170.

It was one of Mario Yamasaki's first UFC ref jobs and he botched the stoppage big time as Horn pummelled Takase way longer than should have been allowed

Tom Breese vs Keita Nakamura, was just redicilous. Now breese is a big Mw, that was ww.

tom-breese-keita-nakamura-ufc-fight-night-841.jpg

The guy Rashad just fought used to fight at MW somehow.

Conor vs Brimage was just stupid. BW vs LW.

Chiesa looks fuckin huge between fights and looks dead on the scales too

Horiguchi vs. the Bantamweights he KO'd in Rizin.

IMG_8539.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Rory mac v Nate Diaz .
Nate Diaz v Marcus Davis
Sean Sherk V Nick Diaz and GSP

Back