3 most glaring "massive for weight class" instances?

Woodley is definitely over 200 pounds. Probably closer to 210.

I've seen him in a couple movies and cameos on TV. He's huge fully hydrated.

He’s not tall enough to be that heavy with his build he has.

He probubaly says he’s 210 for hype, and y’all believe it because he is explosive and ripped.

Gsp was 198 when they stood next to each other and maybe even a little less, as that scale pic was a few days earlier, and gsp looked like an absolute monster next to him.

Patted him on the back , and called him “little buddy” (which he did on purpose) like he was a middle school age fan.

Wrestlers lie about their weight and what they cut from all the time to try and phyc out their competition.

No way Woodley was more than 186-7 that night.

He’s not tall enough to be that heavy with his build he has.

He probubaly says he’s 210 for hype, and y’all believe it because he is explosive and ripped.

Gsp was 198 when they stood next to each other and maybe even a little less, as that scale pic was a few days earlier, and gsp looked like an absolute monster next to him.

Patted him on the back , and called him “little buddy” (which he did on purpose) like he was a middle school age fan.

Wrestlers lie about their weight and what they cut from all the time to try and phyc out their competition.

No way Woodley was more than 186-7 that night.
Dude Stephen Thompson rehydrates to 185 in cage weight. Woodley definitely had at least 15 pounds on him.

And this is MMA, where people pretend to be lighter then they really are.

Woodley also wrestled in college at 84kg which is the equivalent of about 185. And he cut to make that.

And think about this, you're telling me that LW alone Kevin Lee, Tony Ferguson, and Khabib are heavier than Woodley.

All 3 of those guys are normally over 190 pounds. You say Woodley is normally 195. Bologna. I've been a Woodley fan since his win over Galvo so I've followed him for a while. He's between 200-210 normally. He's just really professional and had been cutting weight since high school so he's good at it.

Dude Stephen Thompson rehydrates to 185 in cage weight. Woodley definitely had at least 15 pounds on him.

And this is MMA, where people pretend to be lighter then they really are.

Woodley also wrestled in college at 84kg which is the equivalent of about 185. And he cut to make that.

And think about this, you're telling me that LW alone Kevin Lee, Tony Ferguson, and Khabib are heavier than Woodley.

All 3 of those guys are normally over 190 pounds. You say Woodley is normally 195. Bologna. I've been a Woodley fan since his win over Galvo so I've followed him for a while. He's between 200-210 normally. He's just really professional and had been cutting weight since high school so he's good at it.

Dude just stop, Woodley has a small amount of “size” that you see , round muscles.

But Thompson is taller and has a bigger frame. He’s more than likely actually heavier.

Wrestlers lie about weight both directions to what ever servers their narrative better, and explosive ones usually lie on the heavy side when they are at a disadvantage to hide it.

Brandon Thatch vs Bendo

20150213034127_5D3_9375.JPG

Seriously? 6 pages and NO ONE puts this pic out???

maxresdefault.jpg

Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Hong-Man-Choi.jpg

or at least this:
Fedor-Emelianenko-vs.-Zuluzinho.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-26_14-22-39.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-26_14-22-39.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Dude just stop, Woodley has a small amount of “size” that you see , round muscles.

But Thompson is taller and has a bigger frame. He’s more than likely actually heavier.

Wrestlers lie about weight both directions to what ever servers their narrative better, and explosive ones usually lie on the heavy side when they are at a disadvantage to hide it.
Frame is not length. Thompson is a lanky guy that can't put weight on easy.

Frame is width of a body. The ability to pack stuff in the body. You can't pack a lot of stuff in his body. Woodley carries around a lot of pure, extra muscle packed into his body.

But whatever believe what want. Woodley even said on UFC tonight that following Wednesday after Till beat WB after missing weight that he has a "tough" cut but makes it everytime. If he was 195 the cut to the 170 wouldn't be tough. That would actually end up being like a 10 pound actual cut. Coming down from 205 is a tough cut. That's like an actual 20 pound cut.

Here is it. Start at 3:38. Woodley twice says he walks around at 205. I don't want to hear about wrestlers lie, blah, blah, blah. The man said how much he weighs. Your feeling about it don't matter to the conversation. You don't personally know Woodley so you can't speak on whether he's lying or not. So until you find EVIDENCE proving the contrary you have to take what he says as truth when the man is talking about himself.

Last edited:
Frame is not length. Thompson is a lanky guy that can't put weight on easy.

Frame is width of a body. The ability to pack stuff in the body. You can't pack a lot of stuff in his body. Woodley carries around a lot of pure, extra muscle packed into his body.

But whatever believe what want. Woodley even said on UFC tonight that following Wednesday after Till beat WB after missing weight that he has a "tough" cut but makes it everytime. If he was 195 the cut to the 170 wouldn't be tough. That would actually end up being like a 10 pound actual cut. Coming down from 205 is a tough cut. That's like an actual 20 pound cut.

Here is it. Start at 3:38. Woodley twice says he walks around at 205. I don't want to hear about wrestlers lie, blah, blah, blah. The man said how much he weighs. Your feeling about it don't matter to the conversation. You don't personally know Woodley so you can't speak on whether he's lying or not. So until you find EVIDENCE proving the contrary you have to take what he says as truth when the man is talking about himself.

I’ve been looking and looking for the video with gsp and Woodley, where gsp calls him little buddy but cannot find it.

Gsp was no more than 198 that night, and was huge comparatively.

Take that for what you will

Are you joking? THats not even close. Jon looked much bigger vs Shogun than Gus
jones-versus-rua-a-watershed-in-mma-history.jpg

Gus is taller, anyone with common sense can look at that pic and see Jones is the larger man by far, not only in height

I bet if you showed only their legs, you'd wonder what Shogun was doing beating up on someone so little. And given that something like a third of a person's weight is in their legs, it's no surprise at all to me that Jones easily makes 205.

Marquardt is the biggest welterweight ever. Looked 200 lbs in here.

I’ve been looking and looking for the video with gsp and Woodley, where gsp calls him little buddy but cannot find it.

Gsp was no more than 198 that night, and was huge comparatively.

Take that for what you will
If you can find it send it and then I can relook at the situation.

Sorry if i came off dickish. I reread what I wrote. I sound angry. Wasn't trying to intentionally.

Fitch was a huge ass WW too, 6' ~200 pounds in the cage.

Rumble ever being a WW still baffles me to this day. At one point him and an opponent (Brenneman) were separated by 4 weight classes, Rumble took fights at Heavyweight and Brenneman at Lightweight. Still unreal that they were somehow in the same weight class at any point of their respective careers.

He also fought, and LOST, to rich clementi who would probably be a featherweight today

Fitch was a huge ass WW too, 6' ~200 pounds in the cage.
He's tall and has a lanky frame, but he doesn't carry as much mass as other fighters, especially at this point in his career. He's posted his weight cuts, he's usually around 185 fight night.

Back