$25,000.00 cash, no taxes + Medical Expenses

I'm a HW right now but I would be either a small LHW or a huge MW after cutting. There aren't many I'd be willing to fight for that money.

I would want to fight someone who would eventually feel bad and stop, maybe Mayhem Miller.

I could imagine a guy like Mayhem just controlling you without any strikes, to ensure the fight doesn't get stopped, and just getting you in a complete rape position while he strokes your hair and whispers in your ear. You would struggle to try and escape but quickly realize that this man could legitimately rape you at any moment, and there is nothing you could do to stop it.

Most up and coming legit MMA competitors would probably fight in the big show for $0.

Yes, if i wanted to just cash in i'd immediately shoot for a takedown and leave my neck wide open during the whole fight so the guy will sub me via choke and ill avoid any serious damage.

easy money. Bring Lesnar right now. Overeem. I'll go toe to toe with JDS even.

or bring Shogun or (insert fighter with bad to horrible cardio here). I may actually beat him by running away for 2 rounds and then subbing him when he's past exhaustion.

Vaughan Lee. At least that way I'd have a chance of standing with him and getting a shot or two in. I've got good power for my size so I could at least make that part of the fight somewhat competitive. Decent wrestling but I doubt I'm going to stop any take-downs, even from a lower level guy. I'd get whipped pretty quickly but I might be lucky enough to make it out of one round, I reallllly doubt it though. If I chose one guy I wanted to fight just so I could see what he was really all about I'd like it to be Faber. The guy is so good at everything, I'd allow myself to take a complete ass kicking from that guy, hell I'd do it for nothing.

The thing about UFC fighters is that they can take a beating. There's no guy in the UFC that can't take a lot of punishment in comparison to your average man. There's no question I couldn't compete with these guys, but if I had to take a fight I thought I'd have at least a chance in I'd have to go with Vaughan Lee. And by chance I mean 5% max.

for the average guy on Sherdog I don't see how this is worthwhile.

Most people can earn more than that with less work, in less time with no beating, health risks or potential for long-term consequences.

Yeah. Because the main consideration in life when making important decisions is "how much money could I make." Get out of here man. If you are just scared about getting hurt, I can respect that. I can't respect someone who puts consideration on money though. The only reason I would really want some money, is because it would be nice to cover the costs of some training before I got in there and not have to work 40 hours a week and try to fit in my training before hand.

If the UFC called me up to fight tomorrow against anyone on the card, and they had a plane ticket and a driver ready to pick me up, how could I say no? What is the point in going to work to earn money, if you aren't really living? If you die, you die. If you get get seriously injured, well such is life. The odds are in your favor.

I am about to have my first fight ever at 205 and all my other fights have been as an average sized heavyweight. So I would fight anyone at 205 in the UFC and would especially like to fight Cormier if he comes down to 205.

that would actually be horrifying.

You walk into the cage and see JDS ready to tear your head off and that is not the scariest part. The scariest part is seeing Kim is the one in there who has to protect you once down. :eek:

Just imagine the previous moment. When JDS walks to the center of the octagon, look at you with a mad face and points the canvas. I could cry at that moment.

Yes, if i wanted to just cash in i'd immediately shoot for a takedown and leave my neck wide open during the whole fight so the guy will sub me via choke and ill avoid any serious damage.

That may work against Cody McKenzie or a Team Alpha Male fighter, but shooting in against a guy who is used to stand up is just going to have them sprawl and brawl on you. At that point, you better hope you aren't "tough" and that you go out fast, or you are in for some pain.

Counting on someone going for a guillotine is just too risky. Many fighters don't even attempt them, because of course if they lose the submission, they lose position. Assuming you aren't a high school/college wrestler, your takedown shot will probably be incredibly pathetic, and he likely wont even need to sprawl. He will just take one step back and laugh, and you will be stuck on your hands and knees in the middle of the cage going "ok, wtf do I do now?"

No no, this is all wrong. You need to go back to the drawing board.

Medical bills paid for, no tax, $3,000 would be fine for me.

Demian Maia, he would just take me down and give me a few easy punches and submit me.

That's reasonable, but I still wouldn't do it unless I thought I had a chance in hell - at least a year of training so I'd feel I could land a punch and take a punch.

You are much more spoiled than most I would know. I can name about 100 people I know who would all say yes.

You call him spoiled, I say he's just a pu$$y afraid to get hit. Not saying I want to get hit, but for 25k, I'd let someone knock me out. Hopfully one of those flash ko's that doesnt do any major damage and i dont remember how i got this 25k knock outs..lol

As someone that doesn't fight, I'd be more scared fighting Tank Abbott over Fedor.

Sure, I'd fight Travis Browne.

I'd keep spamming overhand right, if I get lucky maybe I can make name out of him and get paid 50K next time I fight :D

ps(I'm about 210 lbs if i lose weight I can probably get 185 lbs easy and have 3 years of kickboxing experience, my overhands aren't terrible just saying )

Am I missing something? Travis Browne has 1 TKO loss, to Bigfoot Silva who is like 280 pounds in shape and it was after he blew his knee out and could barely stand.

Get your shit together.

Maybe you meant Stefan Struve.

Back