$25,000.00 cash, no taxes + Medical Expenses

Am I missing something? Travis Browne has 1 TKO loss, to Bigfoot Silva who is like 280 pounds in shape and it was after he blew his knee out and could barely stand.

Get your shit together.

Maybe you meant Stefan Struve.

I know I have about 1% chance of success, it was just that beating Browne would have so much more rewards compared to other fighters , such as making a name for myself :(

Let's be honest here: almost everyone on Sherdog will have hobbies in which you can sustain injuries just as serious as those you will get in a fight, or worse, die. And we do those things for free.

I personally (depending on time of year) enjoy playing rugby, rock climbing/ scrambling, cycling and surfing.

I know people or know of people who have died in every one of those activities who were not being paid a fortune (anything) to offset this risk.

Yes i'd love to get close and personal with GSP.

Well alot of fighters don't look at it as 25K, they look at it as opportunity plus cash.

What if you get your knee blown up? It might never be the same. $25k probably ain't gonna make up for a life time of knee problems.

I just can't get past the idea of fighting a top level guy. For me, if I was going to take a fight against a UFC fighter, I'd want it to be the best guy in the division. I'd want to fight someone like Aldo, Cruz, Barao, anyone who's at the top of the pile. The money would be the cherry on top, but for me the fight would be worth so much more. I'd love to not only witness, but live a fight against one of those guys, I'd pay for it.

Let's be honest here: almost everyone on Sherdog will have hobbies in which you can sustain injuries just as serious as those you will get in a fight, or worse, die. And we do those things for free.

I personally (depending on time of year) enjoy playing rugby, rock climbing/ scrambling, cycling and surfing.

I know people or know of people who have died in every one of those activities who were not being paid a fortune (anything) to offset this risk.

Yeah but the odds of serious bodily injury while surfing or cycling pails in comparison to getting in the octagon with a trained fighter when you can't fight for shit. I've been cycling for years and have never had any serious injury. If I got in the cage with a motivated UFC fighter there's a very good chance I'm going to leave that experience less of a man then I was going in.

I just can't get past the idea of fighting a top level guy. For me, if I was going to take a fight against a UFC fighter, I'd want it to be the best guy in the division. I'd want to fight someone like Aldo, Cruz, Barao, anyone who's at the top of the pile. The money would be the cherry on top, but for me the fight would be worth so much more. I'd love to not only witness, but live a fight against one of those guys, I'd pay for it.

Yeah I'd do it for bragging rights as well. Hell, i'd like to get into a sparing session with any of those champs just to say I've step in the cage with them

Brian Stann, he'll end it quick and won't continue beating me whilst I'm down. >_>

Yes cycling = a fistfight with Cain Velasquez.

Yeah but the odds of serious bodily injury while surfing or cycling pails in comparison to getting in the octagon with a trained fighter when you can't fight for shit. I've been cycling for years and have never had any serious injury. If I got in the cage with a motivated UFC fighter there's a very good chance I'm going to leave that experience less of a man then I was going in.

I understand that, of course, but my point was: you understand the risks of all those things yet you do them every day for $0. You could get knocked off your bike tomorrow by a drunk driver and die and you don't demand $25k to do it.

Other people won't get on a bike and cycle because they're scared of the risks but you think nothing of it.

To be rational I would take the 25K and I'll admit that I will tap to strikes as soon as I get tagged with a combo.

I'd fight Meisha Tate for free, and trust me, if I take her back, she'll never get me off

I would fight Belfort only if he uses that BJJ-only approach.

I'm sure whatever happens, I'll be able to heal from it in a week or so.

That's very optimistic. I don't see anyone healing in a week from a broken jaw, broken orbital bone, any torn ligaments that could happen... a bad concussion.. plenty of bad things could happen. That said... I'd probably fight anyone 170 and under for that kind of money.

If it was in the UFC and I had 6 months to prepare (off my own dime) I would fight anyone from 135 to 170 weight class. I weigh around 170 walking around and I can cut to 135 if needed. I'd do it for free for the opportunity to say I did it, but I would prefer to make $10k off of it.

I'd cover up really well backing up against the cage, and when they close in to try to slaughter me, I would unleash the best left hook/right uppercut combo I have in my system. If they were still standing, which is obviously very likely, I would probably proceed to have the shit beat out of me.

inTTZ0Xdj7AiV.gif

Maybe because I'm old enough to not heal instantly and have a good income I would turn that money down against several guys.

Anyone who prefers striking or GnP to submissions would be on my no fight list. I'll take a choke no problem, but I'm not taking a beatdown for 25k.

Back