2018 - Worst World Leaders Olympics [International Posters Unite!]

Who has Assad attacked?
Does he not have a civil war on his hands right now that he himself is at least partially to blame for starting? Has he not asked for the Russian military to come into his country to help him put down the rebels and Islamic State forces? Seems like he's expanded the scope of that conflict.

The US is shooting at the same populace, at least Assad is defending himself, whats the US excuse?
See, this is where I get confused. Isn't the US funding the fucking rebels? Or they were at the start?

LOL what... especially to Warmongering.
He is campaigning very hard to reverse the non-aggression policy that says they can't attack anyone unless they are attacked first.

The US is shooting at the same populace, at least Assad is defending himself, whats the US excuse?
That's not an honest representation of the situation at all, and you know it.

Last edited:
He is campaigning very hard to reverse the non-aggression policy that says they can't attack anyone unless they are attacked first.
He still hasn't DONE anything though.

I would not be opposed to allowing Japan with SK to run a train on NK frankly.

See, this is where I get confused. Isn't the US funding the fucking rebels? Or they were at the start?
The US was/is backing anti-government rebels in varying degrees. There are other groups of rebels in the area as well, including the Islamic State and their allies. If you want the really simple version, there's 3 principle groups: Government forces and Assad, anti-government rebels that are aligned with Al-Qaeda, and the Islamic State and their cohorts (like al-Nusra Front). There really isn't any one group that you can point to and say, "They are definitely the good guys here."

Show me this anti-free speech bill that was passed, if you please.
Is that the one where people completely misrepresented some law protecting transgenders from discrimination as meaning that you could go to jail over the wrong pronoun?

I believe @Tropodan is referring to is Bill C-16, oftherwise know as as the "Jordan Peterson Patreon Act."

Last edited:
The US was/is backing anti-government rebels in varying degrees. There are other groups of rebels in the area as well, including the Islamic State and their allies. If you want the really simple version, there's 3 principle groups: Government forces and Assad, anti-government rebels that are aligned with Al-Qaeda, and the Islamic State and their cohorts (like al-Nusra Front). There really isn't any one group that you can point to and say, "They are definitely the good guys here."
Here's my vote... we have MOABs due to go "offline" in the next 6 months right now right?

One a day... one a day.

Let Mattis make that green grass grow.

Before someone gets their panty in a twist over this (looking at you Rod and Oldfuck) this is obviously a joke.

It's not about what they've accomplished, going by the nominees, it's about their personal views.

Shit, I would. Assuming that SK still exists after NK blows it to hell, and assuming that the US doesn't have to commit troops and treasure (but we would), you're going to have about a million North Koreans causing a massive refugee problem for the Chinese. It would have serious economic effects, and those effects may involve issues with US debt being purchased by the Chinese and a recession. War is not a means to make us all rich here, and that should ultimately be considered.

It's not about what they've accomplished, going by the nominees, it's about their personal views.
I still think in the grand scheme of things this isn't as big an issue as what Russia has done in Georgia, Ukraine, and their scorched Earth policy almost in Chechnya.

Seriously, Japan is literally the ONLY country I can think of that has a leash on weather they can pull the trigger first. Given their location and proximity to NK that seems a bit unfair IMO.

"The law amends the Canadian Human Rights Act by adding "gender identity or expression" as a prohibited ground of discrimination." That doesn't have any effect on free speech except by extension and at that it would clearly be open to interpretation that is outside the hands of the Prime Minister and squarely upon the shoulders of the courts.
Yeah. It's like complaining that an anti-(racial) discrimination law restricts free speech because it makes dropping the n-bomb at work a bad idea.

I still think in the grand scheme of things this isn't as big an issue as what Russia has done in Georgia, Ukraine, and their scorched Earth policy almost in Chechnya.

Seriously, Japan is literally the ONLY country I can think of that has a leash on weather they can pull the trigger first. Given their location and proximity to NK that seems a bit unfair IMO.
Meh, the Japanese are allowed to attack if being attacked is imminent. They lack force projection capabilities though, and that's a big deal. Getting your troops off your islands onto a mainland and keeping supply chains going is not an easy thing to do, and that's often not considered.

Kim Jong Un is not on the list as Most Unstable?

Because his family's regime has been uninterrupted for decades through totalitarian control?

Also, he's much more measured, pragmatic, and predictable than any of Erdogan, Duterte, or Trump.

Assad is not on the list as Most Warmongering?

He hasn't made overtures toward countries other than his own....

What wars has Donald Trump started?

He's pretty obviously (and needlessly) pushed the US closer to military engagement with Iran and North Korea. He's rapidly devalued relations with Cuba and Venezuela as well.

Bullshit partisan list is bullshit and partisan. Nothing to see here, folks!

???

Duterte - Populist/Leftist - 2 placements
Trudeau - Liberal, 1 placement
Maduro - Leftist - 2 placements
San Suu Kyi - Liberal - 1 placement
Zuma - Liberal - 1 placement

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, man. I hope we can still be friends.

Shit, I would. Assuming that SK still exists after NK blows it to hell, and assuming that the US doesn't have to commit troops and treasure (but we would), you're going to have about a million North Koreans causing a massive refugee problem for the Chinese. It would have serious economic effects, and those effects may involve issues with US debt being purchased by the Chinese and a recession. War is not a means to make us all rich here, and that should ultimately be considered.
I was talking more in the “it’s going to go boom we just don’t know if it’ll be in one hour or a day” sort of situation

That's not an honest representation of the situation at all, and you know it.

So if Assad had stepped down the Syria would be a liberal democracy at this point, there would be no war, oppression and death? There would had been no backlash against religious minorities?

*Looks at Libya whose population is less radical than Syria*

Edited to include:

Most Unsightly

Most Disappointing

Because his family's regime has been uninterrupted for decades through totalitarian control?

Also, he's much more measured, pragmatic, and predictable than any of Erdogan, Duterte, or Trump.
I interpreted that to mean that he himself was an unstable man, which he seems to be. What little comes out of the DPRK suggests that KJU has some form of mental illness, as he is prone to flying off the handle and assassinating his advisers (more so than his father was). I don't think you can really call a man like that more stable than the POTUS. I'm not saying that you have to like the guy, but he hasn't executed any of his advisers yet.

He hasn't made overtures toward countries other than his own....
I guess I just imagined those nuclear tests then, right? Because I would call those acts of aggression. The DPRK has a long history of saber-rattling.

He's pretty obviously (and needlessly) pushed the US closer to military engagement with Iran and North Korea. He's rapidly devalued relations with Cuba and Venezuela as well.
He hasn't pushed us towards a war with Iran. There are very few people talking about armed conflict with Iran. The last operation against the Iranians was the whole Stuxnet thing, and those were actions taken under the Bush and Obama Administrations. Tensions have escalated with the DPRK, but it also seems to be working. What I am hoping is that a hard line and a policy of non-appeasement will bring them to the negotiating table. The world will be a better and safer place if we can all get to the negotiating table AND the North Koreans are willing to dismantle their nuclear program.

???

Duterte - Populist/Leftist - 2 placements
Trudeau - Liberal, 1 placement
Maduro - Leftist - 2 placements
San Suu Kyi - Liberal - 1 placement
Zuma - Liberal - 1 placement

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, man. I hope we can still be friends.
The list is very thinly veiled mechanism for voicing your distaste for Trump in order to call him the Worst Leader in the World. Like I said, feel free not to like him. Vote for whoever runs against him in 2020, should you decide to do so. But don't sit there and tell us that you're being objective when you clearly have ulterior motives for writing this.

Back