2018 - Worst World Leaders Olympics [International Posters Unite!]

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I recently saw a segment on some comedy show about the sorry state of world leadership, particularly in the West, and thought this would be a fun topic to get together, Sherbros of the world, and discuss how fucking awful our political representatives are.

Of course, much of this discussion is relative to the countries and governments in which the leaders operate (Trudeaus of the world having a much harder curve than Al Sauds). But, nevertheless, let's discuss. And if you have any categories I am leaving out, or have a world leader that's not getting enough love, do speak up. I'm no international politics expert, so I'm really only privy to the world stage big hitters.

Most Oppressive (citizens)

1. Kim Jong-Un (North Korea)
2. Bashar al-Assad (Syria)
3a. Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud (Saudi Arabia)
3b. Rodrigo Duterte (Philippines)

Most Oppressive (political opponents) (democracies)

1. Vladimir Putin (Russia)
2. Michel Temer (Brazil)
3a. Nicolas Maduro (Venezuela)
3b. Recep Erdogan (Turkey)

Most Antagonist to the Free Press

2. Recep Erdogan (Turkey)
3a. Donald Trump (United States)
3b. Vladimir Putin (Russia)

Most Corrupt

2. Michel Temer (Brazil)
3a. Benjamin Netanyahu (Israel)
3b. Donald Trump (United States)
3c. Nicolas Maduro (Venezuela)

Most Contraventions of Legal Norms

1. Recep Erdogan (Turkey)
2. Donald Trump (United States
3. Nicolas Maduro (Venezuela)

Least Transparent

2. Vladimir Putin (Russia)
3. Donald Trump (United States)

Least Popular

1. Michel Temer (Brazil)
2. Jacob Zuma (South Africa)
3. Uhuru Kenyatta (Kenya)

Most Incompetent

1. Donald Trump (United States)
2. Theresa May (United Kingdom)

Most Embarrassing
3. Justin Trudeau (Canada)

Most Unstable

1. Aung San Suu Kyi (Burma)
2. Rodrigo Duterte (Philippines)

Most warmongering

1. Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud (Saudi Arabia)
2. Benjamin Netanyahu (Israel)
3a. Donald Trump (United States)

Most unsightly

1. Angela Merkel (Germany) (had to think up a category for her to be in)
2. Donald Trump (United States)
3. Kim Jong-Un (North Korea)

Most disappointing

2. Emmanuel Macron (France)

us-t.gif
United States (Donald Trump) - 8 Medals (2 gold) - 15 pts
North-Korea-Flag-icon.png
North Korea (Kim Jong-Un) - 4 Medals (3 gold) - 10 pts
rs-t.gif
Russia (Vladimir Putin) - 4 Medals (2 gold) - 9 pts
tr-t.gif
Turkey (Recep Erdogan) - 4 Medals (1 gold) - 7 pts
br-t.gif
Brazil (Michel Temer ) - 3 Medals (1 gold) - 7 pts
myanmar_flag-t.png
Myanmar/Burma (Aung San Suu Kyi) - 2 Medals (2 gold) - 6 pts
sa-t.gif
Saudi Arabia (Prince al Saud) - 2 Medals (1 Gold) - 4 pts
venezuela_flag-t.gif
Venezuela (Nicolas Maduro) - 4 Medals - 4 pts
uk-t.gif
United Kingdom (Theresa May) - 2 Medals - 4 pts

10a.
philippines-t.gif
Philippines (Rodrigo Duterte) - 2 Medals - 3 pts
10b.
israel-t.gif
Israel (Benjamin Neteyahu) - 3 Medals - 3 pts

Last edited:
I recently saw a segment on some comedy show about the sorry state of world leadership, particularly in the West, and thought this would be a fun topic to get together, Sherbros of the world, and discuss how fucking awful our political representatives are.

Of course, much of this discussion is relative to the countries and governments in which the leaders operate (Trudeaus of the world having a much harder curve than Al Sauds). But, nevertheless, let's discuss. And if you have any categories I am leaving out, or have a world leader that's not getting enough love, do speak up. I'm no international politics expert, so I'm really only privy to the world stage big hitters.

Most Oppressive (citizens)

2. Bashar al-Assad (Syria)
3a. Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud (Saudi Arabia)
3b. Rodrigo Duterte (Philippines)

Most Oppressive (political opponents) (democracies)

2. Michel Temer (Brazil)
3a. Nicolas Maduro (Venezuela)

Most Antagonist to the Free Press

2. Recep Erdogan (Turkey)

Most Corrupt

2. Michel Temer (Brazil)
3a. Benjamin Netanyahu (Israel)
3b. Donald Trump (United States)
3c. Nicolas Maduro (Venezuela)

Least Popular

1. Michel Temer (Brazil)
2. Jacob Zuma (South Africa)
3. Uhuru Kenyatta (Kenya)

Most Incompetent

Most Embarrassing

Most Unstable

2. Rodrigo Duterte (Philippines)

Most warmongering

1. Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud (Saudi Arabia)
2. Benjamin Netanyahu (Israel)

Tallying up the votes, it seems that by my estimations, narrowly beating out Michel Temer (Brazil), Recep Erdogan (Turkey), and Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud (Saudi Arabia), our United States' very own Donald J. Trump is the shittiest leader of 2018.

Trudeau in Canada actually passes bills against free speech and he doesn't make the cut over Trump because of some comments?

I smell bullshit.

You should add the president of Japan, Abe, to Most Warmongering, and Most Embarrassing, and you really need to add Putin to Most Antagonistic to the Free Press.

Trudeau in Canada actually passes bills against free speech and he doesn't make the cut over Trump because of some comments?

I smell bullshit.
Show me this anti-free speech bill that was passed, if you please.

I think The Donald shows up on to many lists. I can see him being the most incompetent.
But that also puts him down on all the other things.
He is simply too incompetent to Antagonise the Press unlike the guys from Poland or Hungary that actually got legislation passed against the press or free speech.

Kim Jong Un is not on the list as Most Unstable? Assad is not on the list as Most Warmongering? What wars has Donald Trump started?

Bullshit partisan list is bullshit and partisan. Nothing to see here, folks!

You should add the president of Japan, Abe, to Most Warmongering, and Most Embarrassing, and you really need to add Putin to Most Antagonistic to the Free Press.

If I'm being honest, I just don't know much about Abe.

You're spot on about Putin/Free Press. Idk what I was thinking. Will add.

Kim Jong Un is not on the list as Most Unstable? Assad is not on the list as Most Warmongering? What wars has Donald Trump started?

Bullshit partisan list is bullshit and partisan. Nothing to see here, folks!

Who has Assad attacked?

Who has Assad attacked?
His own people......

Also, that Chechen fuck isn't up there anywhere? Is that because he isn't the leader of a country even though he's the leader of a region that's been fighting the Russians since... well... forever?

Putin has just recently forbidden his only political opponent from challenging him in a "free" election. I think given the size and place of Russia on the world stage, that's so abominable that the UN should take major action. You expect that from godawful little hellholes, but not from a leading power. They should at least have their veto revoked.

Yet, it's not even really a topic of discussion. That is exceptionally strange. Good call putting him at #1.

Bill C-16

Is that the one where people completely misrepresented some law protecting transgenders from discrimination as meaning that you could go to jail over the wrong pronoun?

His own people......

Also, that Chechen fuck isn't up there anywhere? Is that because he isn't the leader of a country even though he's the leader of a region that's been fighting the Russians since... well... forever?

So fighting a war in his own turf is the same as sending troops half around the globe?

Shall i remind you that the US is in Syria/Iraq/Afghanistan?

So fighting a war in his own turf is the same as sending troops half around the globe?

Shall i remind you that the US is in Syria/Iraq/Afghanistan?
I get the classical definition of war mongering is just invading other people but he's been shooting at his own populace for at least 2 years now that has to count for something.

I get the classical definition of war mongering is just invading other people but he's been shooting at his own populace for at least 2 years now that has to count for something.

The US is shooting at the same populace, at least Assad is defending himself, whats the US excuse?

Bill C-16
"The law amends the Canadian Human Rights Act by adding "gender identity or expression" as a prohibited ground of discrimination." That doesn't have any effect on free speech except by extension and at that it would clearly be open to interpretation that is outside the hands of the Prime Minister and squarely upon the shoulders of the courts.

Back