2018 - Worst World Leaders Olympics [International Posters Unite!]

lol

Let's put it this way: if Donald Trump were to have succeeded Mugabe, do you think that Zimbabwe would be any better off than it has been with Tsvangirai? Or, instead, if Trump had been their autocrat instead of Mugabe?

Judging leaders' competence by the strength of their country's political institutions and economic history is about as daft as it gets.
not when the person in charge is directly responsible

cmon son

and to answer your question, yes absolutely. Any person alive would do a better job

A few of things I disagree with:

Most Antagonist to the Free Press
1. Kim getting a gold for anything related to a free press; DPRK doesn't have a free press.
2. I don't think Trump trumps Putin in this category, or even comes close for that matter

Most Corrupt
Trump is corrupt, sure; no argument, but is he really top 3 corrupt leaders in the world....? I'd bet not.

Most warmongering
Gold medal has been locked up by the US.

I think that Jacob Zuma at least deserves a mention on the "Most Corrupt" and "Most Unstable" lists, considering he's been dropped as leader of the ruling party (while trying to position his wife as his successor) and is in the process of being pushed out of the presidency as a result of state capture charges and undermining the country's constitution by fleecing the taxpayer to pay for expensive upgrades to his private residence. This is not to mention dodgy weapons deals, a very suspect nuclear deal with Russia, and consistent support of the Mugabe regime.

Also, as far as "Most Embarrassing" goes, he once claimed a shower after sex would keep him safe from the aids carried by the daughter of a dead friend that he raped. This incident, among others, should also put him in the running for "Most Contraventions Of Legal Norms".

As a crossover entry between "Most Embarrassing" and "Most Unsightly", I give you:

article-1172414-0494568C000005DC-877_468x636.jpg

@Trotsky I present the man, the myth, the legend - Jacob Zuma - for your consideration.

Yeah, sorry, I'm just not sufficiently informed on South African politics. I included Zuma in "least popular," because that's just about the extent of my knowledge about him.

Re "Most Unstable," that wasn't meant to denote instability in their hold on power, but in unpredictability and destabilizing effect on global policy.

Last edited:
A few of things I disagree with:

Most Antagonist to the Free Press
1. Kim getting a gold for anything related to a free press; DPRK doesn't have a free press.
2. I don't think Trump trumps Putin in this category, or even comes close for that matter

Kim's lid on free flow of news information is by far the most severe: it's a full propaganda state. So, regardless of the fact that "free press" isn't even a concept over there, he gets the nod. As far as Trump vs. Putin, Trump is a whole new animal for his political environment and has started a whole new discussion on undermining of the press, while Putin sits atop a long press-deprived country.

Most Corrupt
Trump is corrupt, sure; no argument, but is he really top 3 corrupt leaders in the world....? I'd bet not.

Again, it's relative to the country. Trump's open corruption is without comparison in the modern era. Only Nixon, Reagan, and GWB can be compared, and those comparisons are blowouts.

Most warmongering
Gold medal has been locked up by the US.

Obv.

But we're talking leaders, not countries.

Yeah, sorry, I'm just not sufficiently informed on South American politics. I included Zuma in "least popular," because that's just about the extent of my knowledge about him.

Re "Most Unstable," that wasn't meant to denote instability in their hold on power, but in unpredictability and destabilizing effect on global policy.

:D
Clearly.

Most Unstable

1. Aung San Suu Kyi (Burma)
2. Rodrigo Duterte (Philippines)
3. Donald Trump (United States)

Great thread TS!

I have a question though. Aung San top your list as most unstable? Could you elaborate please.

I just feel she is a victim of the situation in her country. A leader without real power. And a person if not the grip from the millitary, would have had other words to say about the situation of the apparent murder and destruction of the muslim minority in Burma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back