2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

Strangely, so to will be two of, TVs best neighbors: Kimmy Giblert and Dale Gribblert

How do you guys feel about possibly seeing Jordy in black? Think our young guys are up too the task if he plays a few snaps? (hes obviously lost a step but he still has a lot of experience)

Last edited:
The Packers are seeing guys who were on their practice squads retire when it appears they might have a chance to make the team. I checked into it and the practice squad is a pretty good job. It pays a minimum of $7,200 per week so $122,400 for the season. That's good pay for doing nothing. No chance of getting hurt.
NFL Practice Squad: Eligibility, rules, pay, changing teams and what to ...

No surprise at a Steeler player being dirty. Remember the guy that "accidentally" rolled up on Carson Palmer in like 2007?

How do you guys feel about possibly seeing Jordy in black? Think our young guys are up too the task if he plays a few snaps? (hes obviously lost a step but he still has a lot of experience)

Sucked to see him go. Everyone knew it was going to be either him or Cobb that got axed.

I know Jordy is gone, but I don't think it will truly hit me until Rodgers throws a couple TD's or back-shoulders week 1 and I realize he isn't on the receiving end of any.

ONLY A RUMOR but seeing rumblings of Cobb on trade block. Could be a bad joke since it’s his birthday but could also be the price of the cheaper Kumerow and his preseason play

I'd miss him, miss Jordy too. But 12 is gonna make any WR look good. And you don't even have to be that good to complement Davante. Plus, we gotta make room for that fat check to Khalil Mack.

The new crop of wrs look too good to pay Cobb all that money
Agreed.

I'm going to be gutted if they do move him as I have fond memories of his catch against the Burrs in that one game but if we can save money and maybe just MAYBE get some pass rush help (not necessarily Mack but say another proven pass rusher is out there available for trade) and we re-work Matthews in some fashion to save money....

Also, what's all this shit I am reading about "Williams is going to be the clear #1 back all season" shit? Was no one else watching the games last year and seeing Aaron Jones having the more consistently longer runs?

Williams is an A+ blocker. He pulled a block off in a preseason game that made him look like spiderman

Jones is better and significantly more explosive, but he's also prone to injury. I'm not as opposed to the idea as I used to be - I think Williams will look better this season

Williams is an A+ blocker. He pulled a block off in a preseason game that made him look like spiderman

Jones is better and significantly more explosive, but he's also prone to injury. I'm not as opposed to the idea as I used to be - I think Williams will look better this season
Sophomore growth? The thing about Williams that was frustrating was how often he ran into the backs of his blockers.

Sophomore growth? The thing about Williams that was frustrating was how often he ran into the backs of his blockers.

I think I'm the biggest supporter of Williams in the thread and even I'm concerned about that. But dude is a monster in PP. He's also got soft hands and can catch out of the back field.

Jones needs to improve his PP and him and Williams can be extremely dangerous.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-randall-cobb-not-on-green-bays-trading-block

Packers say Cobb isnt on trade block. Cobbs not going anywhere, he is one of the best slot WRs in the league. If you watch Rodgers in 2016 and first half of 2017 Cobb got open a lot, Rodgers just wouldnt look his way. Nags from Packerchat has also talked about it. While I dont see him getting 1300 yards again(insane for a slot WR) I see him getting another 800-1000 yard season or two.

Speaking of Nags, RIP packerchat, you will be missed.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-randall-cobb-not-on-green-bays-trading-block

Packers say Cobb isnt on trade block. Cobbs not going anywhere, he is one of the best slot WRs in the league. If you watch Rodgers in 2016 and first half of 2017 Cobb got open a lot, Rodgers just wouldnt look his way. Nags from Packerchat has also talked about it. While I dont see him getting 1300 yards again(insane for a slot WR) I see him getting another 800-1000 yard season or two.

Speaking of Nags, RIP packerchat, you will be missed.

I know we don't agree on Kumerow's worth/potential, but this, so much this.

I know we don't agree on Kumerow's worth/potential, but this, so much this.

Ya sadly people just want to get rid of Cobb for whatever reason they have in their head. He is only set to make 8.6 mill(base) 10 million in total ranking him number 20 of top paid WRs... While not cheap thats not expensive either as look at the WRs around his pay grade...
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/wide-receiver/
Cobb gets paid fairly(hence why those trader rumors no one cared about picking up his contract as it isnt really a bad one, nor a great one, just a run of the mill average contract for a player of his caliber)

Ya sadly people just want to get rid of Cobb for whatever reason they have in their head. He is only set to make 8.6 mill(base) 10 million in total ranking him number 20 of top paid WRs... While not cheap thats not expensive either as look at the WRs around his pay grade...
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/wide-receiver/
Cobb gets paid fairly(hence why those trader rumors no one cared about picking up his contract as it isnt really a bad one, nor a great one, just a run of the mill average contract for a player of his caliber)

I remember seeing a stat showing Rodgers QBR in the playoffs when throwing to his receivers. Jennings was number one. Number two......Cobb.

Cobb is slightly overpaid, but he balls the fuck out in the playoffs and is the perfect safety blanket for Rodgers now that 87 is gone.

Thompson had so many bust draft picks , trading up for spriggs may be one of the worse.

Last edited:
The offensive line playing very poorly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back