2018 Green Bay Packers... Who needs defense?

My downside to Jake is his age, already 26, so if he does continue to improve he only has 4 or so years of decent playing time.

That's true. Thing for me is it's looking like Allison is already a lock to make the team, and now Kumerow is making his case. That means one of the rookies will get lost in the shuffle, maybe even two; if Davis makes it on the 53 because of his ST production. I'd hate to lose any of the three rooks for the combination of Allison and Kumerow.

That's true. Thing for me is it's looking like Allison is already a lock to make the team, and now Kumerow is making his case. That means one of the rookies will get lost in the shuffle, maybe even two; if Davis makes it on the 53 because of his ST production. I'd hate to lose any of the three rooks for the combination of Allison and Kumerow.
I dont mind losing Davis, the long play last year where he put no effort to catch the bal was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Im also not big on J'mon More. He is flat footed. Scantling and ST.Brown are good. I dont see what they do in Allison(other then he makes great stretch catches with his length) but Rodgers seems to love him so I have no reason to hate. Assuming we keep 6 not 7 I see/want these WRs in no particular order
1)Adams
2)Cobb
3)Kumerow
4)Scantling
5)St.Brown
6)Geronimo

Yancy would be my darkhorse. If Clark would have stayed he would have been my Dark horse if we keep a 7th.

Why is Green Bays run defense always so shit ughhh
Tf you mean? Daniels is one of the best runstoppers in the league lol. And the Blake Beast never misses a tackle. There have been issues on D on recent years but it sure as fuck ain't stopping the run.

Tf you mean? Daniels is one of the best runstoppers in the league lol. And the Blake Beast never misses a tackle. There have been issues on D on recent years but it sure as fuck ain't stopping the run.
Can you share the meth you are smoking? 58 yards running in 3 plays... Took 1:11 seconds tonight ...with first team starters in...(other than lowry)PS Blake misses his tackle.. I like Blake but he is AJ Hawk 2.0. Tackles after they have 5+yards.
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...ers-for-first-steelers-touchdown-of-the-game/
"If the Pittsburgh Steelers are wondering if running back James Conner can be a feature back, the Steelers first scoring drive has to give them some optimism. The Steelers went 73 yards on three plays with 58 of those yards coming on the ground by Conner."

Now imagine Le'veon Bell... Not a 2/3rd string RB....

Last edited:
Was a good game to watch. Offense was clicking. Between his performances and Rodgers praise in practice I can’t see Kumerow not making the 53.

Rodgers/Graham in the redzone is game over. Nobody is stopping that. If teams try, they still have Adams and Cobb and the other TEs

Jackson and Burks have looked pretty good from the other side too so far

Blake is much better vs the run than Hawk lol. Daniels didn’t play either. Not going to get my blood pressure up over 1 drive in a blowout win. Run defense/dline was the only thing that didn’t worry me and that was when Capers was here. Pass rush depth (maybe Gilbert helps this, who I failed to mention prior post) and pass defense are bigger issues

The TEs looked good. All of them.

Kumerow is virtually guaranteed a roster spot. Rodgers likes him. The rookie wide outs didn't stand out this week. It basically comes down to whom Rodger's trusts, what is the point of having someone he doesn't trust on the field? He won't throw to the them.

This female ref just said, "what the fuck?" and didn't know what was going on. Can't wait for her to ruin a real game.

Decent game to watch for starved football fans. But pre season means nothing.

My worries are our ILB situation with AJ Hawk 2.0 and Burks(since he is a smaller guy like Joe Thomas was) Hopefully he doesnt get eaten up like him too. The quickness Burks showed tonight was a good look. Should be good in coverage. Depth behind that scares me.(and I mean no disrespect by AJ hawk 2.0 as he is the Packers all time leading tackler... But Blake has a tendency to make tackles 5+yards downfield like AJ Hawk)
I hope Blake starts to get more TFLs this season and not 5+ yards down field like the video above.

And punter... Why we let Vogel go when he was a top 5 punter... He even set records for us his first year for net yards... Ill never understand why. Decent net(especially for kicking in the cold), only 2 touchbacks(lead the league),placed the ball well, good hang time. Its hard to find someone who can kick in the cold. Hence why Crosby gets paid more then any kicker in the league.... 5.25m... Scotts killing me.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/kicker/

Gilbert slightly alleviated my OLB worries but only a little. Hope to see him build on it. And i pray to the football Gods Clay doesnt injure his hamstring and Perry his hand, every fucking year im telling you... <45>:sniper:

Last edited:
You might be misunderstanding the scheme if you're expecting Martinez to regularly be making tackles within 5 yards of the LoS lol. Unless there's some fire beneath the Khalil Mack smoke, we won't have any pro bowl linebackers, but that's ok. Its a top tier D line and the defensive backfield is clearly much improved. We're relying on health, which is less than ideal, but theres no reason to panic right now. If Heavy Pettine can just provide average efficiency, we're right back in the SB hunt.

Special teams still worry me. They fall for fakes too easily and don't seem to know where the ball is. On one Green Bay punt, the kick landed near the goal line and the entire coverage team stopped when the return man came upfield to fake making a catch. It seems like they should decide in the huddle where the ball is supposed to go. This goes back to when the Bears faked them out on which side of the field the punt was coming down on.

You might be misunderstanding the scheme if you're expecting Martinez to regularly be making tackles within 5 yards of the LoS lol.
Yep teams scheme to let teams get 5+ yards every down LMFAO. 3-4 ILBs who arent covering job is to plug the gap the down linemen cant. Not let them run 5 yards every play getting first downs after two runs... Tackles for a loss are a real stat, we just have AJ Hawk 2.0 so you arent used to them.
Blake had 10 TFLs tied for 47th in the league... Its why he didnt make it to the pro-bowl or get all-pro honors. Yes he sure did get a lot of tackles, but most were 5+yards down the field.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-tackles-for-loss?season_id=15

Hence why Blake is exactly like Hawk. Same coverage issues too(and Blake came in as a cover ILB) literally... AJ Hawk 2.0. (But AJ was better as he is our all time leading tackler) Martinez had a bad first year(admittedly it was more of a cover issue), a decent 2nd year and now people want to think he is Green Bays best ILB ever... Insane.
(Keep in mind the AJ Hawk 2.0 is not meant as disrespect as stated he led the team all time in tackles, missed almost no games, he was our most talented run stopping ILB, etc)

Last edited:
I think I get your point: J'mon, MVS and EQSB are all younger and came with the bigger investments. Plan A would be for them to develop fast and be stud contributors. But if plan B was for them to push the other guys and then end up on the practice squad, I'm cool with that too.

Yep teams scheme to let teams get 5+ yards every down LMFAO. 3-4 ILBs who arent covering job is to plug the gap the down linemen cant. Not let them run 5 yards every play getting first downs after two runs... Tackles for a loss are a real stat, we just have AJ Hawk 2.0 so you arent used to them.
Blake had 10 TFLs tied for 47th in the league... Its why he didnt make it to the pro-bowl or get all-pro honors. Yes he sure did get a lot of tackles, but most were 5+yards down the field.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-tackles-for-loss?season_id=15

Hence why Blake is exactly like Hawk. Same coverage issues too(and Blake came in as a cover ILB) literally... AJ Hawk 2.0. (But AJ was better as he is our all time leading tackler) Martinez had a bad first year(admittedly it was more of a cover issue), a decent 2nd year and now people want to think he is Green Bays best ILB ever... Insane.
(Keep in mind the AJ Hawk 2.0 is not meant as disrespect as stated he led the team all time in tackles, missed almost no games, he was our most talented run stopping ILB, etc)
Idk about best ever lol, but I think you are underrating him/overstating how bad the last couple years were, for the team and for Blacke individually. He's had a line of really good runstoppers in front of him but a highly porous defensive backfield behind him the last couple years. Capers was a worse-than-average DC but he was smart enough to not always have Blanka Martini stuffing those gaps: there were bigger issues.

With a new DC, upgraded DBs, Burnett out and Mack in, plus a half dozen other things, who knows what the defense is gonna look like? All I'm saying is I see Bloke Martins being a solid contributor regardless of what he's assigned.

Idk about best ever lol, but I think you are underrating him/overstating how bad the last couple years were, for the team and for Blacke individually. He's had a line of really good runstoppers in front of him but a highly porous defensive backfield behind him the last couple years. Capers was a worse-than-average DC but he was smart enough to not always have Blanka Martini stuffing those gaps: there were bigger issues.

With a new DC, upgraded DBs, Burnett out and Mack in, plus a half dozen other things, who knows what the defense is gonna look like? All I'm saying is I see Bloke Martins being a solid contributor regardless of what he's assigned.

We have had a terrible run defense the last few years... 2016 was by far our best year... 2017 was 17th, 2015 prior was all in the 20s.
Daniels is our best linemen, we recently got Kenny Clark who is showing to be good... I cant say anything about Wilkerson as he hasnt played a meaningful game for us yet.
2017: 17th place
2016:8th place
2015: 21st place
2014: 23rd place
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense/year/2014

I state my posts based on facts hence most have links

We have had a terrible run defense the last few years... 2016 was by far our best year... 2017 was 17th, 2015 prior was all in the 20s.
Daniels is our best linemen, we recently got Kenny Clark who is showing to be good... I cant say anything about Wilkerson as he hasnt played a meaningful game for us yet.
2017: 17th place
2016:8th place
2015: 21st place
2014: 23rd place
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense/year/2014

I state my posts based on facts hence most have links
I don't think we're much in disagreement about stats or facts, I guess I just have a more positive interpretation of them lol.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-schboert-martinez-look-to-take-next-step-in-2018
Second only to Schobert, Martinez ended the season with 63 tackles in run defense in 2017 while finishing tied for third in run stops (38), playing his own integral role in PFF’s second-highest graded run defense. His run-defense grade of 89.7 was good for eighth in the league, just behind top-overall ranked linebacker Bobby Wagner. His run stop-percentage of 9.0 tied for 27th among all off-ball linebackers (89 qualified linebackers).

I don't think we're much in disagreement about stats or facts, I guess I just have a more positive interpretation of them lol.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-schboert-martinez-look-to-take-next-step-in-2018
Of course you do, you keep going back to tackles he makes 5+ yards down field. Thats a run stop. He tied for 47th in TFLs. Tackles for a loss.

"*Side note: A stop constitutes a ‘win’ for the defense or conversely a ‘loss’ for the offense. PFF describes a ‘stop’ further as an offensive gain on first down that is kept to less than 40 percent of the line to gain, less than 50 percent of the line to gain on second down and any third- or fourth-down play kept without a first down or touchdown."

So if the RB gets 4/5 yards or less a down its a "win." Any passing down on 3rd and long is a win.. This is why you need to look where those tackles happened. Which is why in every post I bring up the number 5... He gives up 5+ yards a lot. He isnt great at getting behind the line hence ranked 47th in TFLs

Last edited:
Back