2017 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League thread (USA vs. México and Canada vs. México)

Hopefully, more fans of football soccer post in this thread now that I changed the title of the thread to "USA vs. México and Canada vs. México."
There's a lot of activity in the stickied Prem League Thread. You can discuss other leagues than the Prem League also. There's a few of us Murricans who frequent the place.

There's a lot of activity in the stickied Prem League Thread. You can discuss other leagues than the Prem League also. There's a few of us Murricans who frequent the place.

Sometimes I visit that thread to look at music videos that someone found on Youtube.

Even though I love all of the random gifs, images, and videos, I don't want the Champions League to be lost in all of that.

We'll see. Perhaps I will put the 2018 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League thread in the Premier League thread next year.

Sometimes I visit that thread to look at music videos that someone found on Youtube.

Even though I love all of the random gifs, images, and videos, I don't want the Champions League to be lost in all of that.

We'll see. Perhaps I will put the 2018 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League thread in the Premier League thread next year.
This is a great thread, I'd keep it separate. I commend you for your work.

I'm just saying there's more overall football discussion in there, despite the youtube, random gifs, vids, etc... You can get good banter in there mainly because there's more traffic.

This thread was a good idea and you should keep doing it this year and in the future but you could also go in there and chat about it. It's mainly Premier League, but the other European leagues and occasionally MLS is discussed.

I'm going to try to watch more MLS this year as I've never really been much into it, despite being Murrican. It's good to see someone knowledgeable and putting in the work like you.

Keep up the good work mate!

I'm not though :p.

Liga MX still owns MLS but would be nice for MLS to beat them for a change.

Anything is possible.

In the past 10 years, Seattle Sounders have eliminated clubs from México (such as Club Tigres UANL) and clubs from Canada (such as Vancouver Whitecaps).

In the past 10 years, Deportivo Árabe Unido have eliminated clubs from México (such as Club Monterrey) and clubs from USA (such as Houston Dynamo).

Look at Vancouver Whitecaps. They have continued the "miracle" performances of the Canadian clubs. Is it a "miracle" if the clubs from Canada always (or almost always) do better than they are supposed to? Hypothetically speaking, what will you say if Vancouver Whitecaps (somehow, someway) eliminate Club Tigres UANL?

Look at Football Club Dallas. They won a convincing victory against Deportivo Árabe Unido (another club that usually do better than they are supposed to). What will you say if FC Dallas eliminate Pachuca CF?

In the near future, the clubs from Canada and USA will become much more powerful than they are right now.

When that happens, I don't think that you will forget about (or ignore) the Semifinals of the Champions League anymore.

This is a great thread, I'd keep it separate. I commend you for your work.

I'm just saying there's more overall football discussion in there, despite the youtube, random gifs, vids, etc... You can get good banter in there mainly because there's more traffic.

This thread was a good idea and you should keep doing it this year and in the future but you could also go in there and chat about it. It's mainly Premier League, but the other European leagues and occasionally MLS is discussed.

I'm going to try to watch more MLS this year as I've never really been much into it, despite being Murrican. It's good to see someone knowledgeable and putting in the work like you.

Keep up the good work mate!

Thank you.

I know that the clubs from Canada and USA have constantly disappointed you year after year but "the night is always darkest just before the dawn."

Perhaps you cannot see it yet but the structure that the MLS has will definitely put all of the clubs in a splendid condition in the near future.

Even in the present, all of the MLS clubs are RIGHT THERE. All they need to do is "slay their dragon."

Obviously, the dragon in the continent of North America is Liga México.

Having said all of that, I definitely despise all of the excuses that come from the fans of MLS.

There is no doubt that (on the whole) Liga México is much more powerful than MLS.

What these clubs have to concentrate on is being better over the course of two days.

This year, it will be Pachuca CF vs. Football Club Dallas. It is not Liga México vs. MLS yet because of the disparity between the two leagues.

Anything is possible.

In the past 10 years, Seattle Sounders have eliminated clubs from México (such as Club Tigres UANL) and clubs from Canada (such as Vancouver Whitecaps).

In the past 10 years, Deportivo Árabe Unido have eliminated clubs from México (such as Club Monterrey) and clubs from USA (such as Houston Dynamo).

Look at Vancouver Whitecaps. They have continued the "miracle" performances of the Canadian clubs. Is it a "miracle" if the clubs from Canada always (or almost always) do better than they are supposed to? Hypothetically speaking, what will you say if Vancouver Whitecaps (somehow, someway) eliminate Club Tigres UANL?

Look at Football Club Dallas. They won a convincing victory against Deportivo Árabe Unido (another club that usually do better than they are supposed to). What will you say if FC Dallas eliminate Pachuca CF?

In the near future, the clubs from Canada and USA will become much more powerful than they are right now.

When that happens, I don't think that you will forget about (or ignore) the Semifinals of the Champions League anymore.
I mean, if they play enough times eventually they will break through once in awhile. Kind of like a broken clock is right twice a day. I hope MLS closes the gap on Liga MX. I think it slowly is overall.

However, last years quarterfinal massacre of Liga MX over MLS was further proof of the existing gap between the leagues and top teams. Kind of like La Liga's current dominance over the EPL. The EPL fanboys get so triggered by it, it's hilarious. At least MLS has the excuse of being financially inferior of the Mexican league and their schedule is screwed up.

I am interested in the semifinals and would like to see an all MLS final or at least 1 Liga MX and 1 MLS team. Tigres is having a down year so they are vulnerable, but still dangerous.

The gap will close because there's no way but up for MLS.

Thank you.

I know that the clubs from Canada and USA have constantly disappointed you year after year but "the night is always darkest just before the dawn."

Perhaps you cannot see it yet but the structure that the MLS has will definitely put all of the clubs in a splendid condition in the near future.

Even in the present, all of the MLS clubs are RIGHT THERE. All they need to do is "slay their dragon."

Obviously, the dragon in the continent of North America is Liga México.

Having said all of that, I definitely despise all of the excuses that come from the fans of MLS.

There is no doubt that (on the whole) Liga México is much more powerful than MLS.

What these clubs have to concentrate on is being better over the course of two days.

This year, it will be Pachuca CF vs. Football Club Dallas. It is not Liga México vs. MLS yet because of the disparity between the two leagues.
I believe you are right. Again, I don't follow the MLS too much, not nearly as much as La Liga or the EPL but I want to get more into it. From what I've seen and read they are getting bigger and better and it's inevitable they get much more competitive with Liga MX.

Financially they are rising which is very important. I just hope it gets more popular and I think it will.

I know on the pitch it's club vs. club and not league vs. league but you know the fans and the pundits love nothing more then discussing league vs. league.

The MLS excuses are ridiculous but unlike the EPL fanboys excuses, theirs have some weight to it.

Eventually an MLS team is going to win it, maybe this year.

I know on the pitch it's club vs. club and not league vs. league but you know the fans and the pundits love nothing more then discussing league vs. league.

Unfortunately, I also love to think about that way too much. I even added a subtitle to this thread to hype it up.

The Champions League should never even need a subtitle.

The MLS excuses are ridiculous but unlike the EPL fanboys excuses, theirs have some weight to it.

hqdefault.jpg

img_6158.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I also love to think about that way too much. I even added a subtitle to this thread to hype it up.

The Champions League should never even need a subtitle.

hqdefault.jpg

img_6158.jpg
<45><45><45><45><45>

Assenal and the Bottlespuds are both trash lol

<{chips}>

Here are a few highlights from the series between Vancouver Whitecaps and New York Red Bulls.

Here are a few highlights from the series between Deportivo Árabe Unido and Football Club Dallas.

Back