2017 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League thread (USA vs. México and Canada vs. México)

Pachuca and Tigres in the final eh? Pachuca is in better form but wouldn't count out Tigres.

Of course, you were correct all along.

Still yet, all competitors must meet on the pitch and prove that they are superior to their opponents (think about Leicester City eliminating Sevilla FC recently).

Did you watch the series between Pachuca CF and Football Club Dallas?

If you did, I don't think that even you can deny the fact that that series was mega competitive.

However, be that as it may, I have to recognize the fact that you predicted this occurrence a long time ago.

MLS, you did much better than you were supposed to (as usual).

All you have to do is keep improving and one day (hopefully that day comes sooner rather than later), you will be able to TRULY compete against Liga México.

giphy.gif

Of course, you were correct all along.

Still yet, all competitors must meet on the pitch and prove that they are superior to their opponents (think about Leicester City eliminating Sevilla FC recently).

Did you watch the series between Pachuca CF and Football Club Dallas?

If you did, I don't think that even you can deny the fact that that series was mega competitive.

However, be that as it may, I have to recognize the fact that you predicted this occurrence a long time ago.

Well, I won't consider myself Nostradamus as it wasn't exactly stepping out on a limb and I would've liked to be wrong.

Ideally MLS breaks through soon and can go toe to toe with Liga MX. They are slowly closing the gap. I caught chunks of each game and FCD played pretty well especially the first leg.

They almost took it to extra time until Lozano's extra time strike.

It's only a matter of time until it happens. Just gotta be patient.

Well, I won't consider myself Nostradamus as it wasn't exactly stepping out on a limb and I would've liked to be wrong.

Ideally MLS breaks through soon and can go toe to toe with Liga MX. They are slowly closing the gap. I caught chunks of each game and FCD played pretty well especially the first leg.

They almost took it to extra time until Lozano's extra time strike.

It's only a matter of time until it happens. Just gotta be patient.

There's always next year.

Speaking of years, MLS started in 1996.

I think that the progress that has been made so far is phenomenal.

MLS is still brand-new.

Here are a few highlights from the series between Vancouver Whitecaps and Club Tigres UANL.

a85b305373e1778890955daff730445c.gif

Obviously, Furiza and his military are Club Tigres UANL in this gif.

Last edited:
Here are a few highlights from the series between Pachuca CF and Football Club Dallas.

Tomorrow (April 18, 2017), Club Tigres UANL will start their series against Pachuca CF. The match will be in San Nicolás de los Garza, México and it will begin at 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Univision Deportes Network (UDN) will broadcast the match.

http://www.concacaf.com/category/champions-league/game-detail/363078

Club Tigres UANL 1-1 Pachuca CF

Club Tigres UANL were at home when they drew to Pachuca CF. Most likely, Pachuca CF are happy that they were able to make an away goal in this series.

Club Tigres UANL will have to do much better than this. After all, they are no longer competing against brand-new clubs from Canada (like Vancouver Whitecaps).

If anyone on Sherdog is a fan of Club Tigres UANL, they would do well to remember that Club Pumas UNAM were also able to draw 1-1 against UANL in San Nicolás de los Garza, México this year.

In the second match of the series, Club Tigres UANL went to Ciudad de México, México (the home of Club Pumas UNAM) and obliterated UNAM 3-0.

Therefore, Club Tigres UANL have shown that they can make an epic comeback even if they are visiting their opponents in the second match of a series.

Pachuca CF must be very careful that Club Tigres UANL do not make a huge comeback in this series (like they did against Club Pumas UNAM).

Obviously, the Champions League is far from over.

As of March 2017, Pachuca CF have four Champions League titles and Club Tigres UANL have zero Champions League titles.

As of March 2017, New England Patriots have five Super Bowl titles and Atlanta Falcons have zero Super Bowl titles.

Pachuca CF will try to win their fifth title this year just like New England Patriots won their fifth title this year.

Will this be Pachuca's year?

Will this be Club Tigres UANL's year?

We will soon find out.

Tomorrow (April 26, 2017), Pachuca CF confront Club Tigres UANL in the second and final match of their series. The match is in Pachuca, México and it will begin at 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Univision Deportes Network (UDN) will broadcast the match.

This year, Club Tigres UANL learned that Pachuca are much better than Club Pumas UNAM.

Here are a few highlights from the series between Pachuca and Club Tigres UANL.

Back