***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v6 - All-Star Edition***

Status
Not open for further replies.
PorzinGOAT tore his ACL. So many brutal injuries this season. <2>

Yeah I don't see him carrying the Franchise moving forward, he wasn't durable before this season as well.

Don't think he will be that last one to go down. I think Embiid is next , although Philly ha been strict about giving him rest a few of these missed games were injury related too. Breakdown is coming .

The Knicks need to tank the rest of the season.

He's going somewhere else.

Bern can veto anything. Only team he's currently waved his no trade clause is to Houston. LA would have to get George for him to go there These guys all talk to each other.

Boogie is the wild card.

Boogie's injury though is a concern, a Rupture Achillies is a bitch even harder to rehab than ACL tears. He is only 27 so time is on his side but it'll be a rough road back.

Even if that's true behind the scenes the Rockets don't have a decent enough package to get the trade done.

And if things are really this bad, Gilbert isn't going to take a shit deal just to off load Lebron.

You think getting Capela and Ego on a ridiculously cheap deal are bad? Ryno sucks but his deal will have value next season?

I honestly want you to explain to me the other possible options. You realistically know I'm not bullshiting.

LA has to get George. Even then they won't win shit in the West. Houston has Harden and more importantly the godfather of his kids in Chris.

You think they can't figure this out lol? Chris can sign for whatever. I get it
It's not fun for LA fans to realize a once proud franchise tanked for years to end up here while an MIT nerd who is putting on a play here literally pulled off the Lebron heist.

I am willing to put my money where my mouth is

Boogie's injury though is a concern, a Rupture Achillies is a bitch even harder to rehab than ACL tears. He is only 27 so time is on his side but it'll be a rough road back.

I agree. It's why he's more readily available. He doesn't rely on athleticism too much though

So who takes kristaps spot in the all star game? May as well just put Blake in the game now. The Least doesn’t have any other all star caliber players.

I agree. It's why he's more readily available. He doesn't rely on athleticism too much though

Yeah and he has the Bonus of the fact his Range has improved and is a 3 point threat so he doesn't necessarily have to create his own shot if he is around other stars. You just worry if he loses a step if he becomes a Liability on Defense, he is not a bad defender but like Kyrie and Melo it's a matter of effort and scheme when he doesn't try on the defensive end it looks ugly.

You think getting Capela and Ego on a ridiculously cheap deal are bad? Ryno sucks but his deal will have value next season?

I honestly want you to explain to me the other possible options. You realistically know I'm not bullshiting.

LA has to get George. Even then they won't win shit in the West. Houston has Harden and more importantly the godfather of his kids in Chris.

You think they can't figure this out lol? Chris can sign for whatever. I get it
It's not fun for LA fans to realize a once proud franchise tanked for years to end up here while an MIT nerd who is putting on a play here literally pulled off the Lebron heist.

I am willing to put my money where my mouth is

Odds on he doesn't move before the deadline and after that everything opens up.

I think Capela and Gordon is a shit package, all said... you'd easily fetch high first rounders with equal or better talent from other teams.

In any case... why do you want to ruin the Rockets with Lebron? Guys a walking disaster.

Ruin the rockets by adding a player who’s gotten his team to 7 straight finals. Lmao.

Odds on he doesn't move before the deadline and after that everything opens up.

I think Capela and Gordon is a shit package, all said... you'd easily fetch high first rounders with equal or better talent from other teams.

In any case... why do you want to ruin the Rockets with Lebron? Guys a walking disaster.

Well then it becomes a sign and trade after the season like with Miami.

Capela is really good. I'd much rather have him than DJ. On EGo, again, that's an extremely team friendly deal. Look at how many suitors Lou Will has. EGo is a better player imo. No chance you get two high first rounders for him. Who would do that?I'd entertain the argument Gilbert could say "fuck you" but not anything else

It's not my call lol but I'll roll the dice with him. He can't fuck up this lockerroom. I'd be concerned if it was a young team

Yeah and he has the Bonus of the fact his Range has improved and is a 3 point threat so he doesn't necessarily have to create his own shot if he is around other stars. You just worry if he loses a step if he becomes a Liability on Defense, he is not a bad defender but like Kyrie and Melo it's a matter of effort and scheme when he doesn't try on the defensive end it looks ugly.

Agree. I think he has one of the best midrange games I've seen currently. He's got some Bill Laimbeer in him. That clearly doesn't account for his talent but it's similar if you watch then play

to me the main problem w/ the Raps is they could theoretically abuse the shit out of GS down low w/ Jonas, but he can't get back on D fast enough nor guard any small lineup big

How does Jonas match up vs Dray? Honestly if you have Dray trying to score over KD and the most prolific shooting back court of all time it's not that bad. He will get abused if they have to switch anything though, which I guess they most definitely would have to. Hmm.

Kyrie Irving told Cleveland he didn't want to play another minute with Lebron James lmao.

Awesome.

I think there is definitely going to be a gm who gambles big on Boogie. If he comes back on a reasonable deal he could make a near contender into a legit threat if he returns and stays healthy. Get him on a 2 or 3 year deal for when some of your younger or better contracts are coming up for renewal, if he isn't performing cut him loose and use the difference in cap space to resign some guys.

Could see the Lakers do it, PG, Boogie, Ingram, Ball and Kuz is a pretty good line up. Ingram and PG could switch, Ball isn't too bad defensively and would be able to share amongst the boys. No idea about what their cap situation is like but if Boogie failed you could cut him loose and resign Ingram or the other youngins.

video-200644.jpg

best (active) player on the planet

How does Jonas match up vs Dray? Honestly if you have Dray trying to score over KD and the most prolific shooting back court of all time it's not that bad. He will get abused if they have to switch anything though, which I guess they most definitely would have to. Hmm.
in the limited minutes in the matchups (jonas averages 22 per game over the contests), it's generally the big like Zaza or whomever that guards him, not Draymond. And as he gets less minutes and/or pulled early he isn't generally guarded by him (that's Ibaka or whomever). In two games this season, zaza gave up a 61.5% on opponents attempts tho

that's the problem w/ Jonas and coaching against Small ball in general, the coaches always tend to match and pull their C to try and keep up w/ HOU, or CLE, or SA or mainly GS when they do that. If they had a more mobile big (like say the Pelicans did/do) that can at least moderately switch a team could keep that big in and force the dubs to get big down low for boards and rim protection, etc..

virtually nobody does that though, and it's a small part of why Draymond and Durant are so effective on D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back