2015 Freestyle/Greco-Roman (International) Wrestling Discussion

Cox could make it interesting because he can physically match up with Sadulaev, but he's a ways off before beating him.

Sadulaev gets on top he's probably turning him pretty easily.

Molinaro and Green repping the dirty this weekend

I don't know if he's really a different level, I remember tsargush seemed unbeatable going into 2011.

Anyway Cox fell to the Georgian but he proved he is a definite medal threat in Rio.

It's a real shame they cut down on the weight classes because Green is a monster at 154lbs.

Snyder, Frankie, and Green go 4-0. JB would have been 4-0 had he been healthy. Gotta think this team would have had a very legit shot at winning it if JB were there (and Tervel for that matter). And people didn't give them much shot against Iran.

It's scary to think Snyder and Cox are still only 21 or so. Snyder is already scary and J'den is well on his way.

You know, I've been watching film all morning of the world cup. I'm seriously considering linking Tim Foley's mailbag talking about how bad American wrestlers and behavior is... then linking things like the Molinaro matches and asking is that type of behavior ok just because they aren't American

Snyder, Frankie, and Green go 4-0. JB would have been 4-0 had he been healthy. Gotta think this team would have had a very legit shot at winning it if JB were there (and Tervel for that matter). And people didn't give them much shot against Iran.

It's scary to think Snyder and Cox are still only 21 or so. Snyder is already scary and J'den is well on his way.
Gorilla Hulk went 2-0, 2-0,. Two boxing matches and two wrestling matches lol

It was ridiculous the shit the Azeri was pulling against Molinaro

You know, I've been watching film all morning of the world cup. I'm seriously considering linking Tim Foley's mailbag talking about how bad American wrestlers and behavior is... then linking things like the Molinaro matches and asking is that type of behavior ok just because they aren't American

Gorilla Hulk went 2-0, 2-0,. Two boxing matches and two wrestling matches lol

It was ridiculous the shit the Azeri was pulling against Molinaro

Honestly, I think it's just Frank's style of wrestling that pisses off his opponents. They aren't used to seeing that level of physicality and strength that he brings. Aside from Iran, you don't see that style too often in my viewing anyway. He's heavy on the head, hands in the face, and he's fucking strong as anyone at 65. That doesn't seem to sit well with his competition. Just an observation.

So how long until USA wrestling fans embrace him and realize he's for real? He's beaten at least 2, if not more ranked wrestlers in the past few months, made it through the murderer's row qualifier, qualified the weight (kinda), and sweeps the World Cup. Yet, I still read a ton of dissent about how it should be Pico/Stieber/Metcalf/etc. there instead of Frank. Yeah, his style isn't the most thrilling but it's effective and he wrestles his match. I'm not expecting him to set the world on fire in Rio but I do think he'll prove he belongs there depending on the draw.

Honestly, I think it's just Frank's style of wrestling that pisses off his opponents. They aren't used to seeing that level of physicality and strength that he brings. Aside from Iran, you don't see that style too often in my viewing anyway. He's heavy on the head, hands in the face, and he's fucking strong as anyone at 65. That doesn't seem to sit well with his competition. Just an observation.

So how long until USA wrestling fans embrace him and realize he's for real? He's beaten at least 2, if not more ranked wrestlers in the past few months, made it through the murderer's row qualifier, qualified the weight (kinda), and sweeps the World Cup. Yet, I still read a ton of dissent about how it should be Pico/Stieber/Metcalf/etc. there instead of Frank. Yeah, his style isn't the most thrilling but it's effective and he wrestles his match. I'm not expecting him to set the world on fire in Rio but I do think he'll prove he belongs there depending on the draw.

The only guy I'd take over Frank right now is Steiber. Haven't seen anything from Metcalf or Pico's to say they are a bigger medal threat but I do think Steiber has more offense and would be more dangerous.

That being said Frank has shown here can score so it's not like 2012 where we sent Haz over Simmons knowing Haz's whole game was hoping to get 2 out of 3 ball grabs.

Frank can hang with anyone but he could also lose to anyone. Just the nature of his style. Always in tight matches.

Regardless he's earned the shot.

I believe Frank can make some noise, but I don't think he gets a medal. He was impressive this past weekend though.

Jesus Dieringer got manhandled. Yazdani had him on skates the entire match.

Not sure if Dieringer thought he was still wrestling folk but he gave up that 4 pretty easily, then he was just overwhelmed and on his heels after that. Yazdani Chariti is a bad ass though and I can't wait to see him in Rio.

Not sure if Dieringer thought he was still wrestling folk but he gave up that 4 pretty easily, then he was just overwhelmed and on his heels after that. Yazdani Chariti is a bad ass though and I can't wait to see him in Rio.
The rumors are that Guerrero and Smith have purposely kept him out of Freestyle competition and developed his style to be ready for freestyle and not too "funky" or folkstyle based to get him ready for the senior level. That's what I was told by someone who wrestled there and is still close to Guerrero

Yazdani is probably the #3 at 74 imo heading into Rio. Wouldn't give him much of a shot against Burroughs. Would also favor Geduev pretty comfortably.

Back