2015 Freestyle/Greco-Roman (International) Wrestling Discussion

Jordan beats Obst 3-1 in the finals... Too close for my liking.
Everyone looked sloppy asides from Denis, but I think it had more to do with the fact I highly doubt training was tapered down because they're trying to peak in 40 days or so

3 world titles, Olympic title and a world bronze. 129-2 on the senior circuit. A 3-1 win doesn't worry me at all.

I haven't followed Obst after the NCAAs but just from a quick search of his international career, he looks solid but not elite; he wasn't even ranked in the top 20 at 74 last time I checked. Jordan didn't score a takedown the entire match, it was 3 push outs. Maybe Martin is finally breaking out and had the best tournament of his life but it seems anomalous.

I haven't followed Obst after the NCAAs but just from a quick search of his international career, he looks solid but not elite; he wasn't even ranked in the top 20 at 74 last time I checked. Jordan didn't score a takedown the entire match, it was 3 push outs. Maybe Martin is finally breaking out and had the best tournament of his life but it seems anomalous.

Everybody has bad days and they weren't trying to peak for this tournament

Burroughs/Geduev is going to be a war. Not going to be as easy as many think.

The allegations against Russia could seriously put them out of the Olympics. 28 positive test results in wrestling have disappeared, 3rd most of any sport.

Last edited:
Rumors are swirling that Nickal is bumping up to 184 and Hall will start as a true freshman

I guess they aren't banned. Good, I'm glad. Olympics would have been watered down without them.

I guess they aren't banned. Good, I'm glad. Olympics would have been watered down without them.
While I'm one of the least naive people when it comes to PED'S. And have my suspicions (suspicion is a strong word, rather I wouldn't be surprised) about some US athletes. The problem with Russia is that after getting the ceremonial warning to at least clean up the look and be less blatant about it..

In response.. the Russians became more blatant and people started "falling into rivers" or "having a car wreck". They didn't try to pretend.

Actions should have consequences whether good or bad. Otherwise there is no point in threatening punishment or having a governing agency or testing. There's nothing that shows the impotence of someone's authority and makes them look weak and encourages bad behavior than threatening to do something if bad behavior continues and doing nothing

Cannot fucking wait for the Olympics, pretty bummed it's at the very end of the games.

Rumors are swirling that Nickal is bumping up to 184 and Hall will start as a true freshman

I've heard Bo is bumping up but I have not heard anything about Hall starting.

Tsirtsis is no longer enrolled at NW and was granted a release.

I've heard Bo is bumping up but I have not heard anything about Hall starting.

Tsirtsis is no longer enrolled at NW and was granted a release.

Hall starting is just my assumption based on Bo bumping up.

That's crazy abut Tsirtsis. He should only be a couple of semesters away from graduating and he's leaving an NU degree on the table in favor of ISU or NI

Maybe academics are playing a role in the decision?

I think given the fact that PSU is already pretty well loaded with 2 champs all but locked up unless something ridiculous happens, I don't think it's necessary to bring Hall in when he can take an Oly RS and you can put Rasheed in at 174 who, from all accounts, tosses McCutcheon around in the room.

Back