2015 Freestyle/Greco-Roman (International) Wrestling Discussion

The rumors are that Guerrero and Smith have purposely kept him out of Freestyle competition and developed his style to be ready for freestyle and not too "funky" or folkstyle based to get him ready for the senior level. That's what I was told by someone who wrestled there and is still close to Guerrero

That 4 point "throw" by Yazdani Charati would have score zero in folk, that's why I asked. I haven't seen all Ringer's matches but I don't recall him pushed back and losing control of the mat like that.

Yazdani is probably the #3 at 74 imo heading into Rio. Wouldn't give him much of a shot against Burroughs. Would also favor Geduev pretty comfortably.

I'd pick JB over anyone at 74 right now but this match up is interesting. I remember Dake controlling Burroughs with an underhook and Yazdani has one of the best tie ups I have ever seen. If he can force JB into wrestling in close quarters, there could be trouble. That said, JB dictates distance on his feet as well as anyone and I can see Yazdani getting blown over few times if they draw each other.

That 4 point "throw" by Yazdani Charati would have score zero in folk, that's why I asked. I haven't seen all Ringer's matches but I don't recall him pushed back and losing control of the mat like that.
No one had seen Cael lose, or David Taylor or Ed Ruth get beat up or manhandled the way they have been when they got to the senior level. I look at at it the way I look at kids coming into middle or high school or college who, were good at the level before. There's always a match that makes them go.. "oh, this is different",

I think that's what that was for Ringer

I'd pick JB over anyone at 74 right now but this match up is interesting. I remember Dake controlling Burroughs with an underhook and Yazdani has one of the best tie ups I have ever seen. If he can force JB into wrestling in close quarters, there could be trouble. That said, JB dictates distance on his feet as well as anyone and I can see Yazdani getting blown over few times if they draw each other.
I think Yazdani is still a little bit open defensively. He'll get off balance occasionally. I don't think Burroughs would have much trouble scoring on him.

I'd like to see him against Geduev.

Rewatched a bunch of 2015 worlds matches yesterday. Man, that 65 KG final between Chamizo and Navruzov from Uzbekistan has to be one of the best matches I've ever seen. Insane action.

Navruzov is definitely one of my favorite wrestlers to watch. Guy is super explosive and his takedown defense is fucking absurd.

65 KG is just stacked top to bottom. Deepest weight internationally by far imo.

65 is fucking loaded. Chamizo, Asgarov, Navruzov, Mohammadi, Ramonov, Gomez, etc. etc.

The one side of the bracket Metcalf was on last year was stacked. The Chinese wrestler he beat was tough as nails too.

65 is fucking loaded. Chamizo, Asgarov, Navruzov, Mohammadi, Ramonov, Gomez, etc. etc.

The one side of the bracket Metcalf was on last year was stacked. The Chinese wrestler he beat was tough as nails too.

I was reading that Mohammadi hasn't beven looking good and might not get the spof.

Well guys these threads got my grappling itch going again so I've decided to become a pajama wrestler

received_10101815203329876.jpeg

I saw Bilyal Makhov competed at Poland Open last week. Videos are up on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Makhov+FS+125+kg+Ziolkowski+2016

He ran through the field. 41-0. He looks unstoppable right now for Olympics. According to his MMA coach he's taking 2 weeks after the Olympics and starts training FT for MMA; looking for first UFC fight in January.
It depends if we (Russia) have athletes eligible to compete in the olympics. I think it's BS, we have wrestlers like Sadulaev, Vorobieva, Vlasov and Makhov, who can get golds (again.)

I honestly don't care how egregious the doping is, the Olympics will be watered down without Russia. They won't do it.

just like all of these elite weightlifters getting banned/stripped. Stupid. Every elite weightlifter is juicing. Banning guys like Ilya, Lovchev, etc just takes away from the event.

Frank Molinaro is wrestling Asgarov in Germany. Score is 4-0 Frank.

Fuck. Frank folds like a lawn chair and Asgarov pushes Frank to the brink, scoring the winning points with 4 seconds left. 5-4 Asgarov. Probably wouldn't be nearly as close a second time.

Last edited:
Frank Molinaro is wrestling Asgarov in Germany. Score is 4-0 Frank.

Fuck. Frank folds like a lawn chair and Asgarov pushes Frank to the brink, scoring the winning points with 4 seconds left. 5-4 Asgarov. Probably wouldn't be nearly as close a second time.

Interested to see how Snyder does against Gazyumov and Cox against Sharifov

Back