2 Florida deputies killed by gunman while eating at a restaurant

If you're suicidal, and this is the way you have to go, at least go find the pieces of crap that beat that kid to death while screaming for his dad out in California a few years back.. Or have some real guts and roll up on some gang bangers that are actually terrorizing a neighborhood. You still die a criminal pos, but you just don't shoot random people. They could be the best.

Just don't kill people, actually. Anybody.

This thread is a ridiculous farce and a mockery of these officer's deaths.

It makes no valid point.

No one is a hero because of the shirt they wear.

My job is more dangerous than theirs.

This thread is a ridiculous farce and a mockery of these officer's deaths.

It makes no valid point.

No one is a hero because of the shirt they wear.

My job is more dangerous than theirs.

Even if you don't think someone is a hero for the shirt they wear, any American being murdered in cold blood for the shirt they wear is an atrocity.

This more likely ties in with the increase in mass shootings imo , just another way to go out and get on the news

Its an easy way to make the news when you go out.

This isnt political, this is the same as crashing a plane, or shooting down a school, or blowing yourself up before offing you.

Its a way to go out with a bang and leave a mark, which is what a lot of depressed, attention-seeking individuals want.
Agreed.

Suicidal dude wants to do something significant as a final act. By murdering these officers, he is calling attention to his own death and life, which he probably felt that no one cared about. If he shot only himself, he would just be another faceless suicide, unrecognized and forgotten.

It's a collapse of his mental health, and a no-win, shitty situation.
This is undeniably tragic, but I'm glad he didn't assault a day care or something. Cops at least know they are in a dangerous profession.

Damn. That’s some pure evil right there

Every time I read a post like this, I want to start a thread on the ways I have thought of to do far more damage then any mass shooting ever has without using a gun or explosive.

The only thing that prevents this is that somebody might steal my ideas.

As dark as it is, I have these thoughts as well. When there’s a big shooting or something and say “I can’t believe he managed to kill that many people” in the back of my heads there’s that little logical point that getting that number count would be so simple, and there had to have been some amount of restraint for it to not have been easily more

Even if you don't think someone is a hero for the shirt they wear, any American being murdered in cold blood for the shirt they wear is an atrocity.
Yea, sure. Fine. Equating this with Black Lives Matter is so fucking stupid I really have no other words for it than so fucking stupid. TS crying like there is some kind of 'black people murdering cops epidemic' is beyond pathetic.

Every time I read a post like this, I want to start a thread on the ways I have thought of to do far more damage then any mass shooting ever has without using a gun or explosive.

The only thing that prevents this is that somebody might steal my ideas.
Dude?

It felt really shitty at work yesterday. I usually buy food and try and sit and eat if I can. I don't sit by a window, sit with my back to a wall and watch those who come in.

It sucks that these officers were murdered for some grudge this dude had that likely had little or nothing to do with them personally.

This is exactly why I tell new officers not to be fucking assholes to people. People remember thst shit and it may come back and bite another officer due to your actions.

Do you have any evidence for this? Was the shooter even black? The story just said he was 59 years old. If that turns out to have nothing to do with this, are you the boy who cried wolf for racial reasons?
Thats not what I mean. Its part of the demonization of our law enforcement, which yes, I believe began with BLM but its not exclusive to any race now.

What does that mean? I don't understand what you're insinuating with the comment about the media eating crow.
Usually BLM cowards mow down cops doing nothing. Cops in Texas, nyc, Alabama..... all killed by some BLM nutjob.

Thats not what I mean. Its part of the demonization of our law enforcement, which yes, I believe began with BLM but its not exclusive to any race now.

Nobody ever demonized cops before BLM. Those damn blackity blacks are screwing things up again! *shakes fist*

<puh-lease75>

Demonizing cops began with BLM? That is an outlandish claim, and completely inaccurate.

Nobody ever demonized cops before BLM. Those damn blackity blacks are screwing things up again! *shakes fist*

<puh-lease75>
Not like today, no. Not even close. You're being deliberately disingenuous if you say otherwise.

Demonizing cops began with BLM? That is an outlandish claim, and completely inaccurate.
Come on, you can't see a difference today in the way police are viewed by society as opposed to 30 years ago? Come on now.

They've been demonized for a while now. Perhaps the media have amplified it, but BLM didn't invent hating on cops.

Come on, you can't see a difference today in the way police are viewed by society as opposed to 30 years ago? Come on now.

Of course there's a difference. BLM is not 30 years old though. There were riots over police brutality when I was a kid that dwarfed some of things occurring now. What happened is that people started catching police brutality on tape and becoming more aware of what was going on all along.

I defend the police on here regularly, you can check my post history. I think they have a difficult job, and the police officers I know are very good people. But pretending that resentment of the police is somehow new, or even worse, fabricated by BLM, is just completely untrue.

Even going back further than 30 years, what do you think the black community thought of police when they were spraying their children with fire hoses and treating them like animals for the first half of the century? All of this stuff has been building and occasionally boiling over for a hundred years.

Not like today, no. Not even close. You're being deliberately disingenuous if you say otherwise.

{<jordan}

Why do you guys have to try and gas everything up with the dumbest fucking hyperbole in existence? We've literally seen people get so pissed off at cops that multi day riots sparked off, and that was long before the creators of BLM were even out the vagina. Stop fucking lying.

So, there are 1,100,000 police officers in the country.

115 officers are killed in the line of duty per year - (0.0001%)(10 per 100,000)
50 are caused by gun fire per year - (0.00001%)(<5 per 100,000)

The murder rate in the US for the entire country is 7.6 per 100,000.

Sorry, I just don't see much of an epidemic here.
Where do you get 7.6? It’s been under 5 the last several years.

Back