2 Florida deputies killed by gunman while eating at a restaurant

I'd like to take the opportunity to ask, what the political situation would have to look like for this to be acceptable, ethically? ...if any?

This is the question right. One of the first threads I remember doing here as pimptight 10 years ago, was "At what point would you pick up a rifle".

The premise was that if from 1970 to 1971 we saw all the changes that occurred from 1970 to 2007, that I thought people would go into open rebellion. That it was only through incremental change that things become palatable to the majority. I then asked people what line it is that couldn't be crossed that would force extreme action, like picking up a rifle.

Wish I could necro that thread, just so we could look at the answers from 10 years ago.

This is the question right. One of the first threads I remember doing here as pimptight 10 years ago, was "At what point would you pick up a rifle".

The premise was that if from 1970 to 1971 we saw all the changes that occurred from 1970 to 2007, that I thought people would go into open rebellion. That it was only through incremental change that things become palatable to the majority. I then asked people what line it is that couldn't be crossed that would force extreme action, like picking up a rifle.

Wish I could necro that thread, just so we could look at the answers from 10 years ago.

Its worth starting again my man, and I completely agree with that hypothesis. Probably a good thing we can't test it...

That's what this thread is about, but I'm not sure what the solution is without censoring important discussion of a major problem in this country (police abuse) or transitioning to an even more deleterious model such as state-run media. We already have the NPR, and yet even it has lost the confidence of some of our national population.

Civil War.

At the point you're shooting cops, and advocate it as justified, you're signaling your lack of belief that they are a public good existing as they are. You intend to destroy them.

Which means that you're endeavoring to overthrow the State since the police reflect the will & authority of the State.

I think the solution probably lies in directly defining what is protected in the constitution under the right to a free press. What responsibilities you have when exercising those freedoms, and when those standards aren't met, losing those protections.

If you want to editorialize, you are subject to slander laws.

If you're reporting facts, without content provider opinion, then you recieve those protections.

Its worth starting again my man, and I completely agree with that hypothesis. Probably a good thing we can't test it...

I probably will at some point. I doubt the FBI and mods are as big a fan of the topic and framing though.

Holy shit I"m drunk.

<GinJuice>

Its an easy way to make the news when you go out.

This isnt political, this is the same as crashing a plane, or shooting down a school, or blowing yourself up before offing you.

Its a way to go out with a bang and leave a mark, which is what a lot of depressed, attention-seeking individuals want.

So, there are 1,100,000 police officers in the country.

115 officers are killed in the line of duty per year - (0.0001%)(10 per 100,000)
50 are caused by gun fire per year - (0.00001%)(<5 per 100,000)

The murder rate in the US for the entire country is 7.6 per 100,000.

Sorry, I just don't see much of an epidemic here.

Way to minimize this event. Kudos.

115 officers are killed in the line of duty per year - (0.0001%)(10 per 100,000)

Now do unarmed black guys getting killed by police

Edit;whoops saw this exact question was already brought up when I scrolled down.

Last edited:
No outrage? Is the store CEO going to speak out? Any protests?

I love it. This has nothing to do with race, but the temptation was just too great.
Way to minimize this event. Kudos.
That's retarded, dude. He wasn't even talking about the "event."

This is a side effect of the racial wolf crying thats been going on for the past couple of years.

Thanks @Madmick i was very sorry to hear about this. A tragedy just like every unnecessary murder in this country or any other. 17 patrol deputies is a really tiny department so it goes to show this kind of stuff occurs everywhere not just big cities. Really unfortunate
wait a second. Just because something happens in Florida does not mean it happens everywhere.

Literally any social issue could be trivialized this way.

Incredibly depressing story. Obviously the guy was deranged, he apparently killed the cops and then committed suicide outside the store.

This is a side effect of the racial wolf crying thats been going on for the past couple of years.

Do you have any evidence for this? Was the shooter even black? The story just said he was 59 years old. If that turns out to have nothing to do with this, are you the boy who cried wolf for racial reasons?

It doesn't have to be an epidemic for it to be devastating and incredibly troubling. Anytime somebody is targeted for violence for something related to their job, identity, politics, etc, it is scary.

Do you have any evidence for this? Was the shooter even black? The story just said he was 59 years old.
They haven’t posted a picture I could find..... usually when the media doesn’t want to eat crow.

They haven’t posted a picture I could find..... usually when the media doesn’t want to eat crow.

What does that mean? I don't understand what you're insinuating with the comment about the media eating crow.

Back