2 Florida deputies killed by gunman while eating at a restaurant

So, there are 1,100,000 police officers in the country.

115 officers are killed in the line of duty per year - (0.0001%)(10 per 100,000)
50 are caused by gun fire per year - (0.00001%)(<5 per 100,000)

The murder rate in the US for the entire country is 7.6 per 100,000.

Sorry, I just don't see much of an epidemic here.
stop using the fancy sign % like you know what it means. 10 out of 100000 is 0.01%.

wait a second. Just because something happens in Florida does not mean it happens everywhere.

Lmao touché. I didn’t mean anything so specific just simply that serious crimes can occur anywhere.

Deescalation. It's a simple concept. Though it's easier said than done when encumbered by fear.

That, and you are often dealing with someone either compromised by mind altering substances, mental illness, or just plain pissed off. I am a big proponent of deescalation, and I always tell my officers to remain calm and remember that everything they say, and the way they say it, will likely be immortalized on YouTube. If you are acting like a thug, then you are wrong.

Do you have any evidence for this? Was the shooter even black? The story just said he was 59 years old. If that turns out to have nothing to do with this, are you the boy who cried wolf for racial reasons?

I could not find a photo of this guy either. I kept getting an image of a Hispanic guy holding up a piece sign, but i think that is the officer. Definitely not 59.

Regardless, fuck this guy. I hope the worms feasting on him throw up on his corpse and then shit in his eyes.

I'd like to take the opportunity to ask, what the political situation would have to look like for this to be acceptable, ethically? ...if any?
That's a good question. Not sure its ever acceptable even in an extreme police state even if only because, to refer to your first post, its ultimately counter-productive.

Its not really even that much of a hypothetical, just look at Syria. That was definitely a police state but was the resistance to it worth it in the end? I know I'd never want America to turn into such a hellscape so I'd say no.

I could not find a photo of this guy either. I kept getting an image of a Hispanic guy holding up a piece sign, but i think that is the officer. Definitely not 59.

Regardless, fuck this guy. I hope the worms feasting on him throw up on his corpse and then shit in his eyes.

Court records described him as a slender, balding white male with a beard, but no mugshots from his priors were available.

Trying to tie this to blm is a real stretch

Its telling that the first thing he does is play the race card when this incident has nothing to do with race. The perpetrator is white and seemingly just decided to take out a couple of cops in a murder-suicide. But somehow it's okay to jump to the conclusion that somehow this is related to BLM. As if no cop was ever killed before BLM existed so every cop murder must be caused by it.

Especially telling considering he'll have a hissy fit about jumping to conclusions and media narratives if you suggest that maybe the lady that screamed "why are you trying to break into my house" at a black teen asking for direction might have a racial bias.

Thats not what I mean. Its part of the demonization of our law enforcement, which yes, I believe began with BLM but its not exclusive to any race now.

Yes, this 59 year old white guy definitely shot those two cops because of BLM. Never in the history of America has any police officer ever been killed in an ambush prior to the BLM so we can safely conclude that all police officer ambushes are the direct result of it. Solid logic..can't argue with it.

So I take it that you'll man up now and eat crow because you were 100% WRONG.
Where are the pictures? Low media coverage because it’s a couple of cops who died. If this was a white guy shooting 2 black men or white cop shooing a black man it would be 24/7 news coverage for maximum race baiting.

Even when a minority cop shoots a black man it’s racism. It’s stunning. Ignore all the facts, blame police.

That, and you are often dealing with someone either compromised by mind altering substances, mental illness, or just plain pissed off.

Yeah. Not everyone can be magically talked into compliance.

Manlets are the most underrepresented minority group in America

Fuck that's sickening, I feel for the families and friends. R.I.P. :(

That's a good question. Not sure its ever acceptable even in an extreme police state even if only because, to refer to your first post, its ultimately counter-productive.

Its not really even that much of a hypothetical, just look at Syria. That was definitely a police state but was the resistance to it worth it in the end? I know I'd never want America to turn into such a hellscape so I'd say no.

Yeah, I don't know that because there's a chance a citizenry will lose a conflict to take back its liberties that it then is ethically unjustified from trying. To be straight up, I'm not seeing the connection of alleging the uncertainty of an action to therefore its immorality.

Back