3. Robert Whittaker
4. Max Holloway
5. TJ Dillashaw
6. Tony Ferguson
7. Stipe Miocic
8. Daniel Cormier
9. Rafael dos Anjos
10. Stephen Thompson

This is my list after the event in Winnipeg on Saturday night.

Tyron Woodley's competition and the cerebral approach to beating them has him in my #2 spot. The guy has been so active over the last year that you cannot deny him his place on this list. The only reason why DJ is higher than him is the length of his streak and his constant dominant performances.

TJ's win over Cody was so impressive that I've slotted him into the #5 spot, but it's so close between him and T-Ferg. El Cucuy's streak has been incredible and his wins over Barboza and dos Anjos are what truly have him this high in the list.

Cormier is still in the top 10, but behind all other champions. Unfortunately being head-kicked unconscious in your last fight makes you drop a few spots, but he has a chance for redemption with a finish over Oezdemir.

Stephen Thompson barely squeezes out Cody, Luke and Francis for the final spot on my list and here is why. Since his move to 170lbs the guy has been unbeatable and for the most part untouchable, outside of the genius that is Tyron Woodley. Thompson schooled a very underrated fighter in Masvidal in his last fight, and that isn't even mentioning the destruction of Hendricks and the whitewash over MacDonald. Luke's inactivity and Francis' recent rise are the only reasons why they don't nick the #10 spot.

What does everyone else reckon?

Decent list and order! 3 questions:

Do you automatically rank champs first?

Also how long do you wait before someone drops out of rankings due to inactivity? My rule has generally been one year.

How many fights do you go back when taking into account a resume? Ie. Werdum's resume over TJ's?

Surprised you rank Thompson in #10 though it's a reasonable pick and pretty interchangeable. Resume and recent 5 fights id have placed Werdum

Decent list and order! 3 questions:

Do you automatically rank champs first?

Also how long do you wait before someone drops out of rankings due to inactivity? My rule has generally been one year.

How many fights do you go back when taking into account a resume? Ie. Werdum's resume over TJ's?

Surprised you rank Thompson in #10 though it's a reasonable pick and pretty interchangeable. Resume and recent 5 fights id have placed Werdum
I don't automatically rank champions first, no. That said all of the other possible picks either became champions (Dillashaw, Holloway, Ferguson, Whittaker), or completely fell out of P4P contention (Lawler, Aldo, Cruz).

Let's be totally honest here, Cruz should easily be on the list due to resume, but there has to be somewhat of a balance.

Conor's resume is very impressive, but nobody else on this list arguably lost to someone of Diaz's level twice. Conor's inactivity also severely hurts himself.

Werdum's resume is great if you start going back years, in recent years he wins fights, but looks terrible doing so. His last two wins were against absolute cans in my opinion.

Number 10 is pretty interchangeable, I'd have no problem with Cody, Cruz or Rockhold - that said, Thompson has been more active than two of them and has beaten the better competition than some of those names, without getting knocked out cold by Michael Bisping.

It's a tough line to walk.

hasn't done much to deserve that. holloway has like 10 wins in a row and beat the GOAT of his division twice. also maybe ferguson could be ahead of him too, TJ...

woodley defended the belt twice (while putting the most boring performances someone has ever seeing in the UFC), still has a long way to go
In almost 5 years the guy has one genuine loss and that was a boring decision loss to MacDonald.

You can throw in the loss to Shields, but let's be fair, nobody won that fight.

Outside of that his resume reads like this:

Hieron - KO
Koscheck - KO
Condit - TKO
Hyun Kim - TKO
Gastelum - SD (which was clearly a fight worthy of a UD)
Lawler - KO
Thompson - MD (which was clearly his fight)
Maia - UD (50-45, absolutely nullified the best BJJ man in the division)

In almost 5 years the guy has one genuine loss and that was a boring decision loss to MacDonald.

You can throw in the loss to Shields, but let's be fair, nobody won that fight.

Outside of that his resume reads like this:

Hieron - KO
Koscheck - KO
Condit - TKO
Hyun Kim - TKO
Gastelum - SD (which was clearly a fight worthy of a UD)
Lawler - KO
Maia - UD (50-45, absolutely nullified the best BJJ man in the division)
"boring". you mean he was completely dominated while taking punishment all day. if you think its boring, oh well

if we go about KOs and wins ferguson would be definitely above him and also dillashaw. post rory woodley hasn't done many impressive things and has been the most boring champ in the UFC by far

"boring". you mean he was completely dominated while taking punishment all day. if you think its boring, oh well

if we go about KOs and wins ferguson would be definitely above him and also dillashaw. post rory woodley hasn't done many impressive things and has been the most boring champ in the UFC by far
You're a nutter, no saving you.

1 - Demetrious Johnson
2 - Stipe Miocic
3 - Daniel Cormier
4 - Max Holloway
5 - TJ Dillashaw
6 - Tyron Woodley
7 - Conor McGregor
8 - Robert Whittaker
9 - Tony Ferguson
10 - Cody Garbrandt
11 - Rafael Dos Anjos
12 - Jose Aldo
13 - Joseph Benavidez
14 - Francis Ngannou
15 - Alexander Gustafsson

1.DJ
2.Holloway
3.Cormier
4.Woodley
5.Whittaker
6.Ferguson
7.McGergor
8.TJ
9.Thompson
10.Stipe

Competition and cerebral approach (?????) roflmao.

p4p means that, at the same weight, x would beat y.

Woodley is the biggest WW in the whole universe, so you can't possibly know if he would win without that advantage.

Big men should not be considered in a p4p list. People who beat bigger people need to be considered.

So

1) Demetrious Johnson

End of the list.

1. Demetrious
2. Whittaker
3. Miocic
4. Dillashaw
5. Cormier
6. Woodley
7. Werdum
8. Holloway
9. Wonderboy
10. Romero

Very close to mine

But where’s DC ???

Gsp probably 1st
DJ low level competition
Dc DJ 2 and 3 and the rest looks pretty good

Cries about low level of competition. Puts the guy who has only beat Bisping in the past four years as #1. Seam reasonable.

<36>

actually a good list TS
I'd put Sipe a little higher though

P4P is just a fantasy list

How the hell do you compare this shit

Resumes? Sure
Win streaks?
Quality of wins?
Looks?

Its just a wierd ranking

Top 5 is easy, and can really be any order, but should have MM as #1.

1. Demetrious
2. Conor
3. Max
4. DC
5. Robert

After that it gets murky. Some order of Benavidez, Aldo, Cruz, Ferguson, Thompson & Tyrone (Tied), Dos Anjos, TJ, Stipe, and maybe GSP if he can come back at WW and win.

P4P is just a fantasy list

How the hell do you compare this shit

Resumes? Sure
Win streaks?
Quality of wins?
Looks?

Its just a wierd ranking

By going up in weight and fighting the bigger man. Also the skill level involved. Very easy, to be honest.

How can Conor be on these lists? Yes he can beat up smaller guys but how about guys his size that are top tier? That is something we don’t have a lot to go on.

We don’t even know if he is the best fighter at LW. To be on this list would you not have to at least beat all the top guys in your division?

I did not make a list these always end up being a favorite fighters list.

Back