3. Robert Whittaker
4. Max Holloway
5. TJ Dillashaw
6. Tony Ferguson
7. Stipe Miocic
8. Daniel Cormier
9. Rafael dos Anjos
10. Stephen Thompson

This is my list after the event in Winnipeg on Saturday night.

Tyron Woodley's competition and the cerebral approach to beating them has him in my #2 spot. The guy has been so active over the last year that you cannot deny him his place on this list. The only reason why DJ is higher than him is the length of his streak and his constant dominant performances.

TJ's win over Cody was so impressive that I've slotted him into the #5 spot, but it's so close between him and T-Ferg. El Cucuy's streak has been incredible and his wins over Barboza and dos Anjos are what truly have him this high in the list.

Cormier is still in the top 10, but behind all other champions. Unfortunately being head-kicked unconscious in your last fight makes you drop a few spots, but he has a chance for redemption with a finish over Oezdemir.

Stephen Thompson barely squeezes out Cody, Luke and Francis for the final spot on my list and here is why. Since his move to 170lbs the guy has been unbeatable and for the most part untouchable, outside of the genius that is Tyron Woodley. Thompson schooled a very underrated fighter in Masvidal in his last fight, and that isn't even mentioning the destruction of Hendricks and the whitewash over MacDonald. Luke's inactivity and Francis' recent rise are the only reasons why they don't nick the #10 spot.

What does everyone else reckon?

1.Demetrious Johnson
2. GSP
3. Conor McGregor
4. Amanda Nunes
5. Stipe Miocic
6. TJ Dillashaw
7. Max Holloway
8. Tyron Woodley
9. Tony Ferguson
10. Robert Whittaker

1.Demetrious Johnson
2. GSP
3. Conor McGregor
4. Amanda Nunes
5. Stipe Miocic
6. TJ Dillashaw
7. Max Holloway
8. Tyron Woodley
9. Tony Ferguson
10. Robert Whittaker
I don't put women in my lists, it's like putting Serena Williams in the men's world rankings.

Conor hasn't fought in over a year, GSP has one win in 4 years and it was over Michael Bisping.

1. MM
2. Holloway
3. Cormier
4. Dillashaw
5. Whittaker
6. Miocic
7. Woodley
8. Ferguson
9. McGregor
10. Thompson

1. MM
2. DC
3. Max
4. TJ
5. McG
6. Ferg
7. Stipe
8. Woodley
9. Whittaker
10. GSP

WMMA
1. Cyborg
2. Nunes
3. Rose
4. Shevchenko
5. Joanna
6. Andrade
7. Claudia
8. GDR
9. Pennington
10. Karolina

I'm flexible for the most part though, it's by it's very nature an entirely subjective discussion. I don't like McG at all, but I have to give him serious credit in the p4p stakes for his FW run.

1.Demetrious Johnson
2. GSP
3. Conor McGregor
4. Amanda Nunes
5. Stipe Miocic
6. TJ Dillashaw
7. Max Holloway
8. Tyron Woodley
9. Tony Ferguson
10. Robert Whittaker
Very close to mine

But where’s DC ???

Gsp probably 1st
DJ low level competition
Dc DJ 2 and 3 and the rest looks pretty good

1. MM
2. DC
3. Max Holloway
4. TJ
5. Ferguson
6. Whittaker
7. Stipe
8. RDA
9. Edgar
10. Wonderboy

*left Conor off the list due to length of time since last fight.

1. MM
2. DC
3. Max
4. TJ
5. McG
6. Ferg
7. Stipe
8. Woodley
9. Whittaker
10. GSP

WMMA
1. Cyborg
2. Nunes
3. Rose
4. Shevchenko
5. Joanna
6. Andrade
7. Claudia
8. GDR
9. Pennington
10. Karolina

I'm flexible for the most part though, it's by it's very nature an entirely subjective discussion. I don't like McG at all, but I have to give him serious credit in the p4p stakes for his FW run.
Typically excellent work, I couldn't put McGregor or GSP in my own list, but I can see why one would.

1. Demetrious Johnson
2. Tyron Woodley
3. Robert Whittaker
4. Max Holloway
5. TJ Dillashaw
6. Tony Ferguson
7. Stipe Miocic
8. Daniel Cormier
9. Rafael dos Anjos
10. Stephen Thompson

This is my list after the event in Winnipeg on Saturday night.

Tyron Woodley's competition and the cerebral approach to beating them has him in my #2 spot. The guy has been so active over the last year that you cannot deny him his place on this list. The only reason why DJ is higher than him is the length of his streak and his constant dominant performances.

TJ's win over Cody was so impressive that I've slotted him into the #5 spot, but it's so close between him and T-Ferg. El Cucuy's streak has been incredible and his wins over Barboza and dos Anjos are what truly have him this high in the list.

Cormier is still in the top 10, but behind all other champions. Unfortunately being head-kicked unconscious in your last fight makes you drop a few spots, but he has a chance for redemption with a finish over Oezdemir.

Stephen Thompson barely squeezes out Cody, Luke and Francis for the final spot on my list and here is why. Since his move to 170lbs the guy has been unbeatable and for the most part untouchable, outside of the genius that is Tyron Woodley. Thompson schooled a very underrated fighter in Masvidal in his last fight, and that isn't even mentioning the destruction of Hendricks and the whitewash over MacDonald. Luke's inactivity and Francis' recent rise are the only reasons why they don't nick the #10 spot.

What does everyone else reckon?
Natural born hater <45>

1. GSP
2. DC (considering the Jones loss was a NC)
3. Holloway
4. TJ
5. DJ

P4P

It's hard to put an order to things, especially when so many of the fighters have not or have not recently fought in different weight classes. It's basically a which champ do you rate the most list, or who's your favourite champ list.

The 10 names in something close to an order

Macgregor
Holloway
Whittaker
TJ
Woodley
DC
Demetrius Johnson
Stipe
Tony Ferguson
Rafael dos anjos

Only thing I'm sure of is that DJ isn't number 1

And GSP doesn't belong on the list with 1 win in 4-5 years, and it's Bisping, doesn't matter if Bisping was a champ, He was the champ with the weakest resume and got KO'd by Gastelum. Resume and ranked wins is over simply having a belt. We can say GSP is all-time P4P fighter but currently he hasn't done enough. If he grabs another belt though...

Last edited:
1.Demetrious
2.GSP
3.Stipe
4.Conor
5.Holloway
6.Dillashaw

Woodley 2nd? <6>

HEOJs.gif

hasn't done much to deserve that. holloway has like 10 wins in a row and beat the GOAT of his division twice. also maybe ferguson could be ahead of him too, TJ...

woodley defended the belt twice (while putting the most boring performances someone has ever seeing in the UFC), still has a long way to go

Back