13 Minutes Pumping Iron Might Be Better Than Spending Forever at the Gym

If you wanna build muscle and size you have to eat.

There's no other way to put it. People simply don't eat enough. I'd say eating is 90% and the workout is only 10%.

I stopped working out altogether and I'm stronger than I've ever been.

I mean Overtrained in terms of muscle growth, they have muscle wasting and have to eat a lot of calories.

If you want to build muscle you cut back on cardio.

If you're Bodybuiler and your sole goal is hypertrophy, yeah. But athletes like heavyweight Boxers, Rugby players etc have to combine a significant amount of cardio with strength training. And some of those guys have better physiques than the top Bodybuilers. Unless you're a fan of the, "insulin belly" look.

anyone talking about 3 hour sessions in the gym are full of shit either they are juicing and or frauding to boost their ego.

Dude most Olympic calibre gymnasts are in the gym six hours a day and that’s the truth.

Some achieve success in their early 30’s and I guess that requires a change in the training.

Not one of those guys has ever been busted for PED’s either.

I don't fear the man who's lifted 100 kg twice, I fear the man who's lifted 2 kg 100 times.

I dont work out at the gym anymore, years ago I got my first gym membership and I got sick, first time I got a flu, then I said ill give it a go again next time I got a cold, and then the third time I got sick again a bad sore throat some dude was coughing while jogging on the treadmill.

The place is a hot bed for bacteria and germs and people sweating huffing and puffing and even training while still under the weather and spreading their germs

I hate when you want to use the bench press and someones smelly sweaty back was on it.

The handles got a lot of bacteria as well

its no wonder most top athletes have their own gym at home or they train at a private facility for athletes.

920x920.jpg

Sounds like your immune system is shit... and lol at working out for 13 minutes a day.

Funny how people are always looking for shortcuts instead making the dedication to put actual work in.

In short, the more sets the men lifted, the bigger their muscles got. But again, the burlier men weren’t stronger, just beefier.

So Conor is just as strong as Brock. Brock is just beefier. Sounds legit.

I don't fear the man who's lifted 100 kg twice, I fear the man who's lifted 2 kg 100 times.

Have any of your tried any super high volume stuff with very low weights? It's surprisingly taxing...just takes far too much time and is boring as shit.

if you work out too long your body starts to eat up the muscle defeating the purpose and over-training its like how skinny those marathon runners are

anyone talking about 3 hour sessions in the gym are full of shit either they are juicing and or frauding to boost their ego.

Most of the legit bodybuilders will be in the gym under an hour and get out.

Dude - volume is pretty much the name of the game with bodybuilders and strength training. You think people are running Sheiko in under an hour? You really don't know what you are talking about.

i focus on my rtard strength to get by. I once broke a marines arm in half arm wrestling who is twice as big as me. My family needs to be studied by the military. Nobody has ever had cancer in thousands of relatives and the only thing we ever die of is old age or drinking too much.

Its funny because its true

Since Firas Zhabi got on JRE, ive been implementing what he prescribes. Basically, everyone that works out noticed at some point in the workout, youre energized. Typically, all of us feel it, use it, and leave the gym wrecked causing DOMs for days. He says, leave after youre energized. And come back tomorrow and the next day and the next.

Physically, ive not been hurt doing this (2+ months) and thats a BIG difference. My ass is always tweeking something in the gym rendering me uselessly in pain and stiff for normal lifestyle. Doing his "train like a ferrari, not a mac truck" has enabled me to have workouts without injury. (Maybe louie simmons came up with that quote)

When it comes to strength, getting lean, getting bigger, nah, ive not noticed any improvement but no decreases either.

there are times its ok to redline, but every fucking workout?! Today was my first high volume day and well see how the DOMs goes.

Dude - volume is pretty much the name of the game with bodybuilders and strength training. You think people are running Sheiko in under an hour? You really don't know what you are talking about.

There are pro bodybuilders who train 45 minutes hitting biceps and triceps one day, then going doing chest and back. and they are yoked. If you want your muscles to go of course you go to failure but this aint about bodybuilding.

Firas claims its better to train without being sore for fighting, you dont need big muscles but you want to maintain strength without destroying the body

Have any of your tried any super high volume stuff with very low weights? It's surprisingly taxing...just takes far too much time and is boring as shit.
Ive done that when I used to do bodybuilding lifts when I was in my mid 20s after playing football and your muscles grow more if you use perfect form slower reps with lightweight than if you push out heavyweights plus you avoid injury

A lot of guys biceps dont grow because they are trying to curl too much weight and the fore arms are doing most of the lifting and you swing it.

I was able to grow my biceps on a preacher curl with lighter stricter form. I used to try and do 50 pound standing dumbbell curls but I was swinging the weights more at the end, but then I reduced the weight to 30 pounds and the next day my biceps were more sore than my forearms.

So I knew I was using more bicep.

There are pro bodybuilders who train 45 minutes hitting biceps and triceps one day, then going doing chest and back. and they are yoked. If you want your muscles to go of course you go to failure but this aint about bodybuilding.

Firas claims its better to train without being sore for fighting, you dont need big muscles but you want to maintain strength without destroying the body

A ton of bodybuilders are lifting more than 45 minutes at a time. I don't know why you'd claim "most legit bodybuilders" are lifting under 45 minutes. It seems that you see an article or video and just latch onto it. I don't know where you get this idea that less is more and that muscles are getting ate up for lifting for too long. Like I said, look at a program like Sheiko for strength. Many have found that increased volume over time is what accounts for their strength and hypertrophy.

Never really realised until now but the biggest gains in size and strength I made were when I used to train in my lunch hour. 10 mins to the gym and then back another 10 . Work out 35 to 40 minutes.

Never really realised until now but the biggest gains in size and strength I made were when I used to train in my lunch hour. 10 mins to the gym and then back another 10 . Work out 35 to 40 minutes.
According to Oblivian that is impossible and foolish

Since Firas Zhabi got on JRE, ive been implementing what he prescribes. Basically, everyone that works out noticed at some point in the workout, youre energized. Typically, all of us feel it, use it, and leave the gym wrecked causing DOMs for days. He says, leave after youre energized. And come back tomorrow and the next day and the next.

Physically, ive not been hurt doing this (2+ months) and thats a BIG difference. My ass is always tweeking something in the gym rendering me uselessly in pain and stiff for normal lifestyle. Doing his "train like a ferrari, not a mac truck" has enabled me to have workouts without injury. (Maybe louie simmons came up with that quote)

When it comes to strength, getting lean, getting bigger, nah, ive not noticed any improvement but no decreases either.

there are times its ok to redline, but every fucking workout?! Today was my first high volume day and well see how the DOMs goes.

Same here. Though I found his "you should never, ever be sore" thing a bit too extreme.

I'm done with killing myself at the gym. Got tennis elbow, golf elbow, my knee and shoulder hurting, etc., doing heavy weight and going to failure on most sets. What'd I get for it. A decent, but not great body.

I'm into lower weights and better form now. Only occasionally go balls to the wall.

Foolish is quite possible but I know that my best results were when I was training like that. In and out. Longer workouts didn't have the same growth on my body.

No, I'm not the one making idiotic statements like "most of the legit bodybuilders are done in 45 minutes" and "working out too long will eat your muscles". No, there are a shitload of "legit bodybuilders" training an hour or more. Furthermore, there are many in strength sports which require muscle who train much longer than 45 minutes a day. I just gave an example of an extremely popular program (sheiko) that will take longer than an hour for most. Hell, even the classic 5x5 will take longer than an hour.

I'm not the ignorant person saying you can't make gains in short training periods either. People run programs like 5/3/1 which can be short workouts and see good results. Discounting volume training based off one of the shitty articles you read is stupid. What's even more idiotic is how you try to act like you are an authority on the subject based off of these clickbait articles you read and watching JRE. It seems that people like you who would crumble with 365 lbs on their back tend to obsess over articles and then try to act very knowledgeable after reading them. The longer that you are around the lifting world, the more you'll see that there are a shitload of ways to train. Discounting something like volume is really dumb, especially considering how many elite lifters talk about the ability to adapt to volume being a huge key to their success.

No, I'm not the one making idiotic statements like "most of the legit bodybuilders are done in 45 minutes" and "working out too long will eat your muscles". No, there are a shitload of "legit bodybuilders" training an hour or more. Furthermore, there are many in strength sports which require muscle who train much longer than 45 minutes a day. I just gave an example of an extremely popular program (sheiko) that will take longer than an hour for most. Hell, even the classic 5x5 will take longer than an hour.

I'm not the ignorant person saying you can't make gains in short training periods either. People run programs like 5/3/1 which can be short workouts and see good results. Discounting volume training based off one of the shitty articles you read is stupid. What's even more idiotic is how you try to act like you are an authority on the subject based off of these clickbait articles you read and watching JRE. It seems that people like you who would crumble with 365 lbs on their back tend to obsess over articles and then try to act very knowledgeable after reading them. The longer that you are around the lifting world, the more you'll see that there are a shitload of ways to train. Discounting something like volume is really dumb, especially considering how many elite lifters talk about the ability to adapt to volume being a huge key to their success.
My man Tone C just said he made gains and felt stronger doing an intense ten minutes workout he didn't even need 13 like the scientific article research said

Foolish is quite possible but I know that my best results were when I was training like that. In and out. Longer workouts didn't have the same growth on my body.

Back