13 Minutes Pumping Iron Might Be Better Than Spending Forever at the Gym

Its best if you are a fighter or athlete to train shorter, and for people who want to remain lean instead of muscular you can retain your power and strength while looking slim by doing shorter intense workouts for 13 minutes, if you want to build muscle you will need to get blood pumping to the muscle with higher reps or volume.

New research shows a short gym session can help endurance athletes gain strength—minus that unwanted bulk.

The only difference between the high volume and low volume lifters was muscle size. While all the men experienced some increase in muscle size, those lifting higher volumes saw the most significant gains. In short, the more sets the men lifted, the bigger their muscles got. But again, the burlier men weren’t stronger, just beefier.

full article here
https://www.bicycling.com/news/a23283460/benefits-of-short-strength-training-sessions/

But if you at the crowded gym, you have to wait your turn to use the stuff. That will take time. And you have get all the weights ready, plus I like to clean the seats and handles before I use them. All that adds time.

But if you at the crowded gym, you have to wait your turn to use the stuff. That will take time. And you have get all the weights ready, plus I like to clean the seats and handles before I use them. All that adds time.
That’s why I don’t go to big gyms anymore. I just work out on this community center in my complex. They have Olympic weights and a squat rack. All you truely need, imo. Best of all no, one else ever goes there.

If I go to crowded gyms, I find myself often having to improvise what type of workouts I do based on what equipment is available. Waiting around to do excercises kills gains.

Thanks for the post, I actually can go to the gym for 30-45 minutes and get a great workout, when I'm super setting.

I hear people that say they go for 3 hours and they barely look like they work out, I legitimately ask these people "3 hours? doing what? Texting? checking out the girls? going in the sauna'? They never seem to respond.

Some people like hanging out at the gym. It's not something to brag about, necessarily, unless they're bragging about getting a lot more for their monthly dues.

I dont work out at the gym anymore, years ago I got my first gym membership and I got sick, first time I got a flu, then I said ill give it a go again next time I got a cold, and then the third time I got sick again a bad sore throat some dude was coughing while jogging on the treadmill.

The place is a hot bed for bacteria and germs and people sweating huffing and puffing and even training while still under the weather and spreading their germs

I hate when you want to use the bench press and someones smelly sweaty back was on it.

The handles got a lot of bacteria as well

its no wonder most top athletes have their own gym at home or they train at a private facility for athletes.

I don’t know about 13 minutes exactly but I prefer shorter gym sessions, I’m door to door in an hour or so usually. Just hit the squats and deadlifts pull-ups, bench, ohp and I’m good to go.

i like my sessions short and sweet, usually only take me like 3-4 mins to finish

I dont work out at the gym anymore, years ago I got my first gym membership and I got sick, first time I got a flu, then I said ill give it a go again next time I got a cold, and then the third time I got sick again a bad sore throat some dude was coughing while jogging on the treadmill.

The place is a hot bed for bacteria and germs and people sweating huffing and puffing and even training while still under the weather and spreading their germs

I hate when you want to use the bench press and someones smelly sweaty back was on it.

The handles got a lot of bacteria as well

its no wonder most top athletes have their own gym at home or they train at a private facility for athletes.

yep, that is why I hose down everything I use with the anti-bacterial spray they provide.

if you work out too long your body starts to eat up the muscle defeating the purpose and over-training its like how skinny those marathon runners are

anyone talking about 3 hour sessions in the gym are full of shit either they are juicing and or frauding to boost their ego.

Most of the legit bodybuilders will be in the gym under an hour and get out.

Those skinny marathoners are like that because

A ) They've self selected themselves via having an appropriate body type for the task at hand

B) They run 100 miles a week ( conservativl ) , and do very little ( relative to other athletes) lifting

They aren't " overtrained " they are trained very well for one aspect of fitness , intentionally.

i've always gone for more reps with less weight. i personally don't want to be one of those really natty dudes. just want to have some definition, and not look like a broomstick.

A ) They've self selected themselves via having an appropriate body type for the task at hand

B) They run 100 miles a week ( conservativl ) , and do very little ( relative to other athletes) lifting

They aren't " overtrained " they are trained very well for one aspect of fitness , intentionally.
I mean Overtrained in terms of muscle growth, they have muscle wasting and have to eat a lot of calories.

If you want to build muscle you cut back on cardio.

13min?!?! Thats waaaay too long for me.
I just walk through the gym and then I am done.

Strength and power correlate with hypertrophy. Weight classes are for pussies.

I lift 3 times a week and I'm always done in well under an hour.

You get guys at the gym who don't even do much volume or weight and spend absolutely ages doing fuck all or playing with their phones etc.

Another thing I don't get is people spending 30 mins plus warming up and then barely lifting afterwards.

I only need about 10 minutes because I use one of these...…….jk

m82etd6.jpg

<{Heymansnicker}>

The amount of running they do, it literally breaks down their bodies over time, their bodies can't recover completely between sessions.

The amount of running they do, it literally breaks down their bodies over time, their bodies can't recover completely between sessions.

That's why they back off or " taper " down as the race approaches. Of course running that amount is counterproductive to building lots of muscle , thats not the same thing as being " overtrained " though. If it were , someone would come along train less and dominate all these " overtrained " guys. They are maximizing the bodies potential for that particular aspect of fitness.

Back