13 Minutes Pumping Iron Might Be Better Than Spending Forever at the Gym

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its best if you are a fighter or athlete to train shorter, and for people who want to remain lean instead of muscular you can retain your power and strength while looking slim by doing shorter intense workouts for 13 minutes, if you want to build muscle you will need to get blood pumping to the muscle with higher reps or volume.

New research shows a short gym session can help endurance athletes gain strength—minus that unwanted bulk.

The only difference between the high volume and low volume lifters was muscle size. While all the men experienced some increase in muscle size, those lifting higher volumes saw the most significant gains. In short, the more sets the men lifted, the bigger their muscles got. But again, the burlier men weren’t stronger, just beefier.

full article here
https://www.bicycling.com/news/a23283460/benefits-of-short-strength-training-sessions/

Since I've started doing BJJ my workouts are down to like 25 mins. I can't lift that heavy\long otherwise my body gets burnt out quick.

Just lose interest in long gym sessions. I’m in and out within 45 minutes; usually 10-15 of those minutes are cardio.

Tidwell seems to make a thread about every clickbait article he falls prey to.

Thanks for the post, I actually can go to the gym for 30-45 minutes and get a great workout, when I'm super setting.

I hear people that say they go for 3 hours and they barely look like they work out, I legitimately ask these people "3 hours? doing what? Texting? checking out the girls? going in the sauna'? They never seem to respond.

Thanks for the post, I actually can go to the gym for 30-45 minutes and get a great workout, when I'm super setting.

I hear people that say they go for 3 hours and they barely look like they work out, I legitimately ask these people "3 hours? doing what? Texting? checking out the girls? going in the sauna'? They never seem to respond.
if you work out too long your body starts to eat up the muscle defeating the purpose and over-training its like how skinny those marathon runners are

anyone talking about 3 hour sessions in the gym are full of shit either they are juicing and or frauding to boost their ego.

Most of the legit bodybuilders will be in the gym under an hour and get out.

I had a guy tell me once, you can work out long or you can work out hard. You can't do both. That guy has 8 Mr. Olympia titles. He trained 3 times per day because he wouldn't go for long workouts. Bodybuilding is different, but he used that principle.

Probably a shit diet. My cousin used to go to the gym and then a Mexican restaurant right after that.

That's great, until a few from now when it turns out short workouts cause cancer.

WBMD.png

That's how I always worked out. My buddies used to be like, "Oh, you don't stay for 3 hours? You won't get results that way."

Worked just fine for me doing roughly 40 minute workouts.

Never been into serious working out but I'd certainly moved in this direction just in terms of general fitness, used to do half an hour on an exersize bike daily but I'v swapped that for just doing around 90 secs pushing as hard as possible until I have to stop plus doing body weight exercise like pull ups and besides building a bit more muscle its been more effective at reducing fat.

I would say purely in terms of burning calories by activity(rather than building or sustaining muscle) your much better off doing something you actually enjoy so you can do it enough to get some real benefit.

Nice, all this time I thought it was because I was lazy. I was really being efficient!

Back