“This Is America”

He's saying that everyone is doing protest songs or songs with some kind of meaning these days, and no difference in quality can be discerned among them by him personally.
The old "they don't really care" tactic.

Well its easy to ignore of it doesn't affect you.

Take a look at the way our indigenous population is treated, especially in the legal system. Same with black people.

Things are not perfect, I'm not arguing otherwise. I am, however, arguing that in no way are the majority of so-called minorites negatively affected in a way that is worth mentioning, especially in Toronto where they're hardly minorites.

The old "they don't really care" tactic.

Could be that, but also, what DP seems to be saying is that art is defined entirely by its broad genre grouping and individual merit doesn't even exist.

The music video for it was easily one of the best and most creative in years; the instrumental was dope, almost set my house ablaze. The lyrical content very meh and definitely could've been far more poignant. Shoutout the white horse running through the warehouse lol

Which is it, America has conquered racism and people should stop complaining, or different racial groups can't live in harmony?

Was the former pre Obama. Heading towards the latter now.

Was the former pre Obama. Heading towards the latter now.

If it was ever the former, the latter is wrong. But the pre-Obama line is funny and shows that you don't have the slightest clue about American history--even recent history.

From what I can tell, the video is about a homosexual who is very troubled and possibly homicidal. I hope his friends and family get him the help he needs.

"he’s just another rich minority trying to make a buck off the perceived plight of other minorities"

good god, you sound pathetic and poor.

I would not call what we are seeing as more serious art. It is opportunists putting a "woke" song on an album full of bling and booty lyrics in an attempt to jump on a fad and make more money. These songs are about as serious as the Jenner Kendall Pepsi commercial. It all comes down to marketing and selling a product.

I don't see it that way mate your government just approved an executive whose presidential appointments to head major departments of infrastructure, sciences, education, and national policy were his shitty golf club buddies, things like appointing environmental regulation leaders who believed global warming was fake and environmental regulations should be gutted

That kind of administration switch is going to make a lot of citizens clutch their pearls and try to keep activism afloat in sectors they feel are being undermined lately

Activism isn't always some publicity stunt when it takes shape in good contexts, the push for expanding a voice towards refining or preserving people's priorities, right or wrong in different fields of studies and policies and communities is important, think twice before you shit on all "activism"

Lol at the progressives libs in this thread. So obedient! Keep pushing that evil progressive agenda!

conscioussociopol68_85_small.jpg

Gene-Simmons-kiss.jpg

Gene Simmons' entire shtick is embodying everything Christians are afraid of. Who would have thought the man who calls himself "The Demon" would have some photos of himself taken behaving consistent with his act?

Do you think perhaps there is value to being an iconoclast if it can be parlayed into profits? There is precedent for this as well, I mean it pretty much has elevated Robert Johnson from a forgettable short lived musician into the most important musician in Rock music ever.

You've been tricked by stupidity but assign yourself an enlightened title.

Sad and pathetic.

I mean nobody is forced to watch his video or listen to his music, so don't see the issue

like his standup personally, funny guy

If I’m going to do the whole black fist black people be surpressed deal in 2018 ....as a black artist I’d at least have a black wife. Having a white wife kind of makes it seem fake to me....almost like it’s an act to sell the song

If I’m going to do the whole black fist black people be surpressed deal in 2018 ....as a black artist I’d at least have a black wife. Having a white wife kind of makes it seem fake to me....almost like it’s an act to sell the song

<Dylan>

Some bitch made a woman’s edit, and it’s cringy as fuck. We need an edit for white dudes and have it be about how people complain about centuries old shit, shit that doesn’t exist or is greatly exaggerated, and how everything is our fault even if we take no part in anything.

I cringed so hard my asshole collapsed in on itself.

The fact that Glover has a white wife means nothing with regard to his art. If anything it makes him a target from black people who consider him a race traitor because of it, you just confirmed it.

Does the fact that Maya Angelou dated white dudes undermine the message in her writing?

Your line of thinking is bunk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back