“This Is America”

Lol at the progressives libs in this thread. So obedient! Keep pushing that evil progressive agenda!

conscioussociopol68_85_small.jpg

Gene-Simmons-kiss.jpg

Last edited:
Victim culture is big business.

You mean Lyndon B. Johnson the racist? I notice you don't want to talk about the actual names and positions of the people involved, just keep repeating "Democrat" and take all the credit.
He signed the damn law, no? The very fact that he signed the law would imply that his personal feelings were of less import than the party's platform.

You've completely changed the subject here. What you are saying here is not what the other poster said. That is a cheap debate tactic, where you have no support, so you change the topic to something you think you have more to say about.

He said Jim Crow does not affect somebody born in 1983. If you were born in 1983, there's a chance your own parents were born into Jim Crow, and it's a certainty that your grandparents lived in Jim Crow.

How in the hell could you make any reasonable argument that your parents and grandparents' lives do not have an effect on yours? It's ignorant, it's stupid, it's dismissive, and people need to stop being so proudly stupid because it's embarrassing.

I was born in 1986, and my grandparents were born in the 1920s. Yes, their lives directly effected mine.
<PlusJuan>

It's just another criticism of America song that has become an extremely trendy thing to do over the last couple of years. Is there an artist who does not have a song and video like this? These weekly videos always labeled as "brilliant" and "important" by the media are cliche and boring. I am waiting for this fad to end.

The memes that have come from the video are much more interesting than the song itself.
Which artists/videos are you referring to?

It is extremely fashionable to pretend to be an activist at the moment and every artist and musician seems to be jumping on the fad. BillBoard.com featured an article on the top 20 Protest songs of 2017 and I am sure we will see a similar article at the end of this year.

If we're seeing a rash of more-serious art, that's not a bad thing (not that I object to lighter stuff). Obviously this one is getting way more attention than others for a reason.

If we're seeing a rash of more-serious art, that's not a bad thing (not that I object to lighter stuff). Obviously this one is getting way more attention than others for a reason.

I would not call what we are seeing as more serious art. It is opportunists putting a "woke" song on an album full of bling and booty lyrics in an attempt to jump on a fad and make more money. These songs are about as serious as the Jenner Kendall Pepsi commercial. It all comes down to marketing and selling a product.

I would not call what we are seeing as more serious art. It is opportunists putting a "woke" song on an album full of bling and booty lyrics in an attempt to jump on a fad and make more money. These songs are about as serious as the Jenner Kendall Pepsi commercial. It all comes down to marketing and selling a product.

Surely you can see a difference between that video and the commercial, can't you?

Glad to hear you aren't being affected.

Most minorities in the USA and Canada are still very much affected by racism.

Which is it, is America a racist wasteland where people of different races are incapable of living together so much that minorites are actively affected, or is multiculturalism a success and we should strive for more diversity?

Surely you can see a difference between that video and the commercial, can't you?

No, I do not see a difference. The video will be just as effective in making people "woke" as the Pepsi commercial. Like the Pepsi commercial, it has inspired memes more than a change of heart.

Which is it, is America a racist wasteland where people of different races are incapable of living together so much that minorites are actively affected, or is multiculturalism a success and we should strive for more diversity?

Which is it, America has conquered racism and people should stop complaining, or different racial groups can't live in harmony?

The real answer is that because of its history, America does a great job integrating immigrants, and that has traditionally given us a big boost in a lot of ways and should continue to. But there is a specific problem with historical treatment of blacks that we're still moving past.

Multiculturalism is great. Its the best part of where live (Toronto).

Still tons of racism that needs to be exposed and rooted out though.

Except this is America isn't an Anti-trump protest song.

He's saying that everyone is doing protest songs or songs with some kind of meaning these days, and no difference in quality can be discerned among them by him personally.

Multiculturalism is great. Its the best part of where live (Toronto).

Still tons of racism that needs to be exposed and rooted out though.

I'm also in Toronto and I very much disagree that the majority of minorites here are affected in any significant way by virtue of they're ethnicity.

I'm also in Toronto and I very much disagree that the majority of minorites here are affected in any significant way by virtue of they're ethnicity.

Well its easy to ignore of it doesn't affect you.

Take a look at the way our indigenous population is treated, especially in the legal system. Same with black people.

Back