“Cowards” Who Tap To Strikes.

Tapping to strikes is smarter than tapping to a sub. You can mend a limb. You can't fix a brain.

Shoulder injury and knee injury are very long to heal, if they heal completely

If you're caught you're caught, if you can't get out of something and there's a chance to get injured, just tap.

It's the same thing with strikes, if you know you can't fight back or protect yourself anymore, you just tap.

Champions (former or present) who have tapped to strikes:

GSP
Joanna Champion
Shogun
Forrest Griffin

anybody else?

A shit load of them just turtled up and stopped defending themselves it's pretty much the same to me.

BJ Penn tapped on the stool

ShogunGrandPrixTrophy_crop_north.jpg

GSP_belt.jpg

if you tap to strikes youre eliminated from any goat discussion

I read a few comments in this thread saying that many didn't actually read TSs comments. ...
This is true. I didn't.
But TS made a retarded ass , click bait thread title, so he brought it on himself

I don't think I've ever posted without reading the op unless it was some huge ass wall of text. It surprised me how many people didn't read it.

if you tap to strikes youre eliminated from any goat discussion

Every good fighters and all time great in this sport got caught at some point and in all different ways and your disciminating point is tapping to strikes.

Never got beat up bad, there's a point where you have no energy to defend yourself but your still conscious. Either you turtle up hoping for the ref to stop it or you tap. It's basically like getting koed but with your eyes open.

PED use and always fighting cans in shady promotions should eliminate you from goat discussion

Was that being flammed? Lol. I’m gonna add some quotations to help the dull few along.

I know some might find it difficult or are just plain lazy but to save some embarrassment next time... read the fucking OP.

Obviously if you're tough enough to claim cage fighting your employment then I'm giving you the benefit of doubt of tapping to strikes because you consciously know you're in trouble and know you're done and get to come back another day without taking further damage that can actually effect future performances. As time goes by, people just remember it was a loss on your record-----Nothing more

"Fighters" today are pro athletes competing in a high level sport. They have to try to win of course, but they also have to think about their career and what comes next.

Tapping to strikes or to a sub is a smart move in my opinion. It's just a way of admitting you lost this one while trying to limit the damage you absorb so you can come back as soon as possible in the best shape.

It's not a war where if you lose, you die. You can come back in another fight, and win.

The brain can only take so much trauma. Some fighters are lucky enough to realize their situation and tap. The only guy I remember tapping to avoid any damage at all was Pardoel vs Ruas. Still, I never entered a cage so I can't call someone who did a coward.

Sherdog is so stupid, Jesus. But so is TS, for the misleading thread title.

It's not the act of tapping itself that's the ussue with me, but the fact that she's had enough time to watch the replay a million times and still doesn't see herself tapping. Maybe her phone/laptop is concussed?

Last edited:
She was done. No shame in tapping to stop taking damage.

Back