“Cowards” Who Tap To Strikes.

Depends on the circumstances. Rua vs Jones? Anyone with a brain does not fault him for tapping. GSP vs Serra though looks so bad because of how awful Serra is as a fighter.

Only pussies cry.

View attachment 297779 In the wake of Joanna desperately trying to persuade everyone that she didn’t tap, which I suppose is up for debate, I wonder if it’s really all that bad if she did. We don’t fault fighters for saving their limbs by tapping, but when they’re stuck in a bad spot having their brain rattled, it’s cowardly? Let’s not, beyond reasonable doubt, convict cage fighters as being pussies so quickly. It’s oxymoronic.

View attachment 297781

Fuck off.

Keyboard losers at it again ( not this post but in general ). Never fought in their lives and seem to know more than anyone else, watch the fights to live out their fantasy and proceed to call fighters " cowards" because well, they the keyboard losers know best and qualified to call fighters cowards, they're the black belts at the bar that scream obnoxious things during ppv.

Sherdog is a dispicable place.
You have made a lot of posts for someone that allegedly dispises this place. Hypocrite or masochist?

Used to think this way but seeing the effects of brain damage has changed my mind.

i have zero issues with tapping to strikes if your done. Im not interested in seeing guys get beat up that dont want to be there anymore.

In fact more corners should protect there fighters from extreme punishment beyond any point they have to comeback.

Clickbait title. Jesus, it sure as hell didn't reflect the OP. I agree with the OP too.

I respect a fighter more for tapping and not receiving more damage.

Change your title or your going to get flammed.
People won't bother reading your actual post.

wow, reading comprehension fail. not surprising anymore.

View attachment 297779 In the wake of Joanna desperately trying to persuade everyone that she didn’t tap, which I suppose is up for debate, I wonder if it’s really all that bad if she did. We don’t fault fighters for saving their limbs by tapping, but when they’re stuck in a bad spot having their brain rattled, it’s cowardly? Let’s not, beyond reasonable doubt, convict cage fighters as being pussies so quickly. It’s oxymoronic.

View attachment 297781
Lol shut your bitch ass, cowardly ass up.
You haven't even seen the inside of a gym before
<36>

I read a few comments in this thread saying that many didn't actually read TSs comments. ...
This is true. I didn't.
But TS made a retarded ass , click bait thread title, so he brought it on himself

Champions (former or present) who have tapped to strikes:

GSP
Joanna Champion
Shogun
Forrest Griffin

anybody else?

If the fighter is in a position where the ref might be expected to call a stoppage, or if they gotten an non-obvious injury like a broken orbital, I have absolutely no problem with it. Just don't pretend afterward that you didn't, that the ref fucked you over. GSP was getting fucked up, so was Shogun, and so was Joanna. No problem with any of them tapping, but own the loss.

If you're Bob Sapping your way through the twilight of your career, just stop though.

Tapping to strikes is the same as turtling up and waiting for the ref to stop it - you're giving up.
Youve never fought so you wouldn't understand.

Getting beaten repeatedly by anyone especially professional fighters is simply brutally painful.

Some strikes will paralyze the body with pain.

Its hard to fathom if youve never been in a combat scenario.

Tapping to strikes is the smart thing to do when you're taking a beating and you know you're defeated. Bunch of meatheads in here deriding the practice as if brain trauma doesn't exist.

Tapping to strikes is smarter than tapping to a sub. You can mend a limb. You can't fix a brain.

View attachment 297781
JJ experienced a major beat down via strikes. It’s obvious JJ had not experienced a beatdown like this before...her list of excuses makes this obvious.

Back