Zookeeper Gabe’s Animal Thread Vol 9.0

Nah, they're a cold water marine species. Pretty hard to keep as a hobbyist.
Salmon farms are starting to use lumpsuckers instead of anti-parasite meds to get rid of sea lice.
The juveniles are cute as heck, the adults are ugly.
rognkjeksfotogyriteienhaugland.jpg
idk, that one is pretty freaking cute, he's probably the Ryan Gosling of lumpfish, though, right?

another adorable sea creature is the leaf sheep, from what I've gathered the only animal that uses photosynthesis

That's one angry dogturd.

Wanted to share a vid by "The Lion Whisperer"(he works with big cats and hyennas mostly). He's basically next gen Steve Irwin. His videos will probably make you smile. Very wholesome stuff.

I generally do not approve of humans anthropomorphize wild animals and treating them like pets like in the video above and this one below.

So while i think it is cool this guy was able to help a shark with his fish hook problem, and the shark may in fact learn to appreciate his useful presence, I think it is a bridge to far to think of the shark like a pet as he does. He is a slightly more useful cleaner fish or shrimp, descaling the shark and removing other impurities.

Friends of friends are the ones who filmed that and holy fuck is it intense. My buddy got tagged by one during a venom extraction, they are so hard to handle normally.
am i wrong to think that snake likely broke it fangs striking metal like that?

We would definitely crack our teeth, accidentally biting down on metal with any force.

am i wrong to think that snake likely broke it fangs striking metal like that?

We would definitely crack our teeth, accidentally biting down on metal with any force.
Not necessarily and if it did break off a new one would replace it very quickly

I find lose fangs in rattlesnake poop pretty frequently.

Last edited:
Friends of friends are the ones who filmed that and holy fuck is it intense. My buddy got tagged by one during a venom extraction, they are so hard to handle normally.

The slo mo part is amazing, the real speed one is so fast it doest even look real. Unbelievable

Back