Zhang Weili vs Rose Namajunas?

ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
Why isn't this booked yet?

Would have loved to have seen this in December around xmas.

Rose injured?

maxresdefault.jpg

635538481020010771-rose-namajunas-1.jpg

jedp0Nlmm-kGtdS33BiND_lqSui5KdEAlHZTlH8iLwtQjtYARLCRyRxYy-vF42oC8MdD9lhHCmQCHaFejY34OBBZAZyAnvuoYBHHHjnhg52UtHd06aG_JJSby3bbedXDImuU-UCfGII120b7I_u78Ug7v2W8I7UgwmzI88kXy9QQAu07NUnG5O5UoSXEuMsqiVg7g6gjgo152zLoBMyQYdNzIRWxX12YwbdVjsHw

635_1000.jpg

I'm guessing they're holding this fight off as long as they can to have Zhang headline again in China. A defending champion might be able to help the UFC break into the Chinese market

Great fight. I hope it gets booked soon. I’m leaning Weili, but wouldn’t be surprised if Rose pulls off the upset.

Probably will end up being a co-main in February or March, they aren't gonna keep Zhang on the shelf forever given they probably won't be bringing an event to China anytime soon.

They plan on matching Weili with Xiaonan in China if the latter wins against Gadelha.

Bingo. Yan plans on calling out Zhang if she wins. After that, will be hard to argue against the matchup.Yan will be 6-0 in the UFC, and a top five win. Meanwhile, Rose is 1-1 in her last two, eked out a win in her last fight. Always hurt.

That's not even mentioning the all-China factor.

Bingo. Yan plans on calling out Zhang if she wins. After that, will be hard to argue against the matchup.Yan will be 6-0 in the UFC, and a top five win. Meanwhile, Rose is 1-1 in her last two, eked out a win in her last fight. Always hurt.

That's not even mentioning the all-China factor.

So how good is Xiaonan? I don't hear any talk about her just like I didn't about Weili before she became champion.

So how good is Xiaonan? I don't hear any talk about her just like I didn't about Weili before she became champion.
Her stand up is very good. She has a super aggressive Sanda syle. However, her ground game is almost completely untested. Her only loss is by submission back in 2010. Having followed her since 2015, I never saw her hit the mat before the final round against Kowalkiewicz.

Well, they probably won't both lose. Usually it's just one or the other. Never say never though.

CelebratedHollowConch-size_restricted.gif
I presume from the name you are from the same background as me... Just wondering - do you also 'suffer' from ESL syndrome? As in do you actually read what is written not what he/she meant to write, e.g. when the statement is:
- I hate both fighters lose - you actually think (at first) that he doesn't want both of them to lose, as opposed to either (what presumably the statement was meant to be) :)

Not sure how I feel about this matchup overall but Rose looks like someone who barely trains and doesn't even fight while Zhang looks like the girl that no one dares to bully of because she'll literally just dump one of them down to the floor if any one of them does.

But not going to bet money on this because Rose is perfectly capable of pulling off upsets against dominant fighters before. Just don't let it happen via controversial decision mmm k?

Back