Zakaria on Iran deal

JonnyRingo84

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on here. Hope all are doing well.

Here is Fareed Zakaria's take on the Iran deal. Fareed has gotten a lot of hate and some of it probably deserved, but I still enjoy his show, GPS. Curious to see your opinions about this clip.

Also, I am a bit ignorant as to other options on how to handle Iran. I have heard Kerry and Obama claim that this is the best course of action.

Well said, confidence will win, and US will outlast radical islam. I agree.

The only ones blocking this smart deal are Jews in the US. Jews in the US have more allegiance to ISRAEL than the US. It is very clear.

A deal like this will be better for everyone. But we have to bow to the puppet masters.

Well said, confidence will win, and US will outlast radical islam. I agree.

The only ones blocking this smart deal are Jews in the US. Jews in the US have more allegiance to ISRAEL than the US. It is very clear.

A deal like this will be better for everyone. But we have to bow to the puppet masters.

To me the deal seems obviously a better plan than the alternative, but maybe I am missing something. What is in it for the domestic Jews who are against it? Are they just falling victim to the right-wing rhetoric of "you can't deal with IRAN etc etc"?

I like Farheed and I think that his take on this situation is spot on. But you have those hard-liners in Washington who think that President Obama IS the great Satan and eats babies no matter what he does.

Now if it comes to war with Iran (and it would take a galactic screw up to do so), do any of us think that the hard-liners will have their kids and loved ones sign up to go in first?

To me the deal seems obviously a better plan than the alternative, but maybe I am missing something. What is in it for the domestic Jews who are against it? Are they just falling victim to the right-wing rhetoric of "you can't deal with IRAN etc etc"?

I think so. AIPAC is the strongest lobby group in the US and Netanyahu can come into congress anytime and give brain-washing speeches. The only foreign prime-minister in history to do that.

The odd thing is that we all benefit from making peace. Israel clearly wants to maintain dominance in the region at all costs. Even if it costs America. Funny thing is Israel started the nuclear arms race in that region to begin with!

29 U.S. scientists, including those who had made nuclear arms, have written their approval of the deal. The first scientist to sign was Richard L. Garwin, a physicist who helped create the worlds first hydrogen bomb. Also signing was Siegfried S. Hecker, former director at the Los Alamos weapons lab in New Mexico.

The letter says the deal has "more stringent constraints than any previous negotiated nonproliferation framework."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/08/0...uclear-deal-in-letter-to-obama.html?referrer=

29 U.S. scientists, including those who had made nuclear arms, have written their approval of the deal. The first scientist to sign was Richard L. Garwin, a physicist who helped create the worlds first hydrogen bomb. Also signing was Siegfried S. Hecker, former director at the Los Alamos weapons lab in New Mexico.

The letter says the deal has "more stringent constraints than any previous negotiated nonproliferation framework."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/08/0...uclear-deal-in-letter-to-obama.html?referrer=

I have not heard anything like this coming from our mainstream media outlets. And that's pathetic.:mad:

Well... the opposition argument appears to be that the Iranian regime is an existential threat to Israel (as well as a military and economic threat to other US regional allies).
Anti-semitic fanatics. Nazi Germany reborn.
Therefore anything less than constantly isolating, marginalising and disarming them, is unacceptable. Like giving Hitler the A-Bomb.
In fact you'd be better off preemptively attacking them... in self defence.

If congress really votes against the deal, we may as well call Netanyahu the real POTUS.

Look darlin, it's JohnnyRingo!
Nice to see you posting JR, thanks for sharing.

I think this Iran deal is solid and overdue. I agree with Farheed 100%.

It is a smart deal and should have been made ages ago. Iran >>>>>> SA as far as a good partner in the ME goes.

Declares war on terror
Allies with wahhabist fuckwads
????
lol

Good take. I agree completely. If anyone is naive, it's the horde of GOP presidential candidates who think that American military strength is the answer to every geopolitical problem. As if it's as simple as invading Iran, deposing some mullahs, and then having a beer while freedom freedoms its freedom.

So you haven't watched the news in over two months. And you hate jews.

I see you being a regular contributor to the war room.

A considerable amount of his post history consists of nonsensical ramblings regarding the Jews.

I liked the video. The world is in a much better place today. We are going towards world peace IMO, only a minority of people still want war and death.

Well... the opposition argument appears to be that the Iranian regime is an existential threat to Israel (as well as a military and economic threat to other US regional allies).
Anti-semitic fanatics. Nazi Germany reborn.
Therefore anything less than constantly isolating, marginalising and disarming them, is unacceptable. Like giving Hitler the A-Bomb.
In fact you'd be better off preemptively attacking them... in self defence.

Kerry and Obama claim that we will be the only ones sanctioning them soon. if that is true then the isolation route would not work out. so are people just wanting us to attack them? the only other alternative would be to make a deal with them it seems. OR you could just not go to the table with them out of some odd principle, and then let the flood gates open.

Look darlin, it's JohnnyRingo!
Nice to see you posting JR, thanks for sharing.

I think this Iran deal is solid and overdue. I agree with Farheed 100%.

lol how i really hate him.

ill be back around from time to time.

i haven't been following the msm as often lately (sick of it) but it just seems from my perspective that everyone thinks this deal with iran is next to treason. its mostly people that i see on social media and during the GOP candidate rants. i can understand why the GOP want to vilify the deal but i don't understand how the obama explanation doesn't make sense to people. thats why i am just wondering if there is something that I'm missing. the alternative to my missing something would be that those around me really are this ignorant.

I dont know why I doubted Fareed going into this video.... Well done

Back