Zakaria on Iran deal

A broken clock is right twice a day.

To me the deal seems obviously a better plan than the alternative, but maybe I am missing something. What is in it for the domestic Jews who are against it? Are they just falling victim to the right-wing rhetoric of "you can't deal with IRAN etc etc"?

It's probably the other way around. The american right are more inspired by domestic and foreign jews in not dealing with Iran than the right inspiring them. Iran being given a few inches in power(nukes) is against the interest of the jews, even if they may not have anything to worry about. The right is too heavily influenced by Israel when it comes to foreign policy. So is the American left, but more so the right. It's scary how unbalanced the relationship with Israel is.

I like the deal, I agree with Obama's position, but the reasoning in this video is terrible.

What do you reckon Iran wants?

I think people want peace, including Iranians.

It's like when the guy is walking around Israel / Palestain asking people what countries they want to make peace with, he makes a point of including all answers.

The first thing people say is usually: Everyone of course, why not?

And the usual answer why there isn't peace is because the other guy doesn't want it.

The same as most countries in the world, power and influence.

And by countries, do you mean a few powerful (and some less powerful) guys or the people in the countries?

It would surprise me big time if anything less than 95% of the worlds population wants peace on earth. My guess is more.

Fareed nailed it and posters are exposing themselves left and right lmao.

I like the deal, I agree with Obama's position, but the reasoning in this video is terrible.

what didn't you like about it?

and to what a few other posters may be getting at, i think a lot of the posturing on both sides is just pandering to the hardline faction on each side. i think its entirely possible that certain politicians in israel, iran, and the US are totally full of shit, but just want to placate their hard-line constituents. so....they must feign hostility, even if they truly intend none. above all they cannot be seen to be giving in to the other side's demands. i believe netanyahu gave that speech to congress during the peak of his reelection campaign. you would think that would make the content of the speech a bit see through to the american audience.....but no. few people here seemed to consider that his own domestic audience may have been the main audience he was concerned with.

Back