• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE SNYDER CUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
They did superimposed David Thewlis' face in Ares body in both Justice League versions. The actor is credited as Ares in JL. It's just that they gave him a different look than what you saw in Wonder Woman. If you look closely in JL, it is indeed David Thewlis' face.

Holy shit, you’re right. I read your post and thought “nah, that’s just classic Dragonlordxxxxx clowning around, next he’s going to point out that Steve was in the battle too” but I rewatched both versions just now. In the theatrical you can’t really see his face at all, but in the Snyder cut before he puts on his helmet you can see it is him, though the CGI looks fucking terrible. Combine that with the bald look and it’s no wonder I missed him last night.

I lost interest towards the end, but what I really loved in the original was the flashback battle defeating Steppenwolf, this version was pretty great as well

Cyborg / Ray Fisher's plot in Justice League -

-Cyborg distracts his mom while she's driving, leads to her being killed while her car collides with another. Blames her death on his dad.
-Cyborg is disfigured for life from said accident. Blames it on his dad, who saved his life with science.
-Cyborg attacks Superman after he is revived. Causes Superman to almost kill the entire Justice League.

-Ray Fischer then bitches about how he did not have enough screen time and calls everyone racist.

What a disgruntled manlet.

How the hell did Darkseid forget which planet the Anti Life equation was on? And if he didn't know it was there, how did Steppenwolf find it so easily? Did the mother boxes simply learn of it's existence after a few thousands of years being hidden there? It wasn't super clear on that.

I didn't understand that part either. How would Darkseid forget the only planet that kicked his ass and sent him packing? You'd thing he would have made it a point to return and settle things.

Black bars on the side?
4:3 aspect ratio. Same as old TVs, but also what is shown on the big IMAX screens. It was shot with IMAX in mind so you are essentially seeing an "open matte" version of the movie.

4:3 aspect ratio. Same as old TVs, but also what is shown on the big IMAX screens. It was shot with IMAX in mind so you are essentially seeing an "open matte" version of the movie.
Shot with IMAX in mind <36>

Not a dig at you, just so funny they make a film on digital ARRI cameras behind a green screen and have the nerve to try and say it's the IMAX 70mm authentic feel.

Fucking hacks.

Shot with IMAX in mind <36>

Not a dig at you, just so funny they make a film on digital ARRI cameras behind a green screen and have the nerve to try and say it's the IMAX 70mm authentic feel.

Fucking hacks.
Sure, for the 70mm projectors, but most IMAX screens actually use digital projectors. The originals were just 2k and even the new upgraded ones are just 4k projectors. 70mm film is approximately equivalent to a 12k image, for which there are digital cinema cameras that can shoot that resolution. But even if a movie is shot on the 70mm film I very much doubt the effects are being authored at 12k.

Nowadays IMAX is really just a brand name for a big screen, the resolution you'll be seeing at most theaters is no better (and possibly worse) than what you've got in your living room.

Sure, for the 70mm projectors, but most IMAX screens actually use digital projectors. The originals were just 2k and even the new upgraded ones are just 4k projectors. 70mm film is approximately equivalent to a 12k image, for which there are digital cinema cameras that can shoot that resolution. But even if a movie is shot on the 70mm film I very much doubt the effects are being authored at 12k.

Nowadays IMAX is really just a brand name for a big screen, the resolution you'll be seeing at most theaters is no better (and possibly worse) than what you've got in your living room.

Why do you think effects are authored in 1/3 rd the resolution? Editing digitally is easier at high resolutions even if you ultimately downscale. You can't upscale an image and get a better image.

Last edited:
Why do you think effects are authored in 1/3 rd the resolution?
There are no digital projectors that do the full 12k, and even bleeding-edge panels are 8k with almost no native 8k content to show on them. Even the highest end RED digital cinema cameras are 8k. It is likely that any 70mm film is scanned at 8k. That's what was done for The Dark Knight, and I suspect it remains at that level. A 12k image has 2.25x as many pixels as 8k. So more than double the compute time to bump up to 12k when almost nothing can play at that resolution.

I feel like I'm being generous and giving it a 7. The opening and closing twenty minutes were hard to get through and the 4:3 aspect ratio irritated me here and there. But, the movie managed to keep my interest despite being incredibly CGI heavy and 4 hours long.

I wasn't disappointed at all. I'll preface this by saying I am indeed more of a DC guy and the enthusiasm for the movie going into it surely altered my perspective somewhat but this was a good movie. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch but it's a solid ass 7.5 in my books.

I'm not sure how some people consider this the same film. I mean yes it literally is the same film but the experience is literally day and night. There is coherence, more depth to the characters, it's darker, the fighting is awesome and it has less banter. They really listened to the fans here. The Whedon version was such a monumental piece of shit that I really question people comparing it to the Snyder cut.

I watched it with my girlfriend and she really enjoyed it. Not the length but still.

Why wasnt this version released? I had no idea Id enjoy it so much. Its so indulgent and the set pieces alone crush the other version.

Is it a masterpiece? No, but its far superior to the other DC movies, and the CG is really well done for the most part. The movie feels expensive and massive, as a Justice League movie should be. Hell I like how they set up the next movies aswell, too bad we wont get those.

i suppose if i was into comic book films i'd have liked it

flashes chick was too average looking
if hes gonna have love at first site, she needs to be hot

there was so much watchmen, 300 and the hobbit going on in this movie but somehow the pacing worked. 4 hours was necessary even though it dragged here and there.

cyborg got a lot more screen time but his character was written too poorly. gal Godot is so beautiful and her opening sequence was good but her acting is just poor.

Affleck is a decent older Bruce Wayne but outside that one scene in BvS in the warehouse, he's not a very good batman.

The flash was a bit better here, with a bit more development and attempts at fixing his run which originally looked like one of these running

Screenshot_20210320-143027_Samsung Internet.jpg

which worked a bit but they kept the old run in the final act against steppnewolf. they recreated Quicksilvers power and scene with that girl in the car and while it was ok, I didn't have that same feeling like with Evan Peters scenes as pietro

I thoroughly enjoyed the dream sequence, I do want to see Leto more as the Joker.

overall better and more cohesive than the original Joss-tice League but not by a whole lot

Back