• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE SNYDER CUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Finished it today, here are some of my thoughts.

Pros: Wonder Woman was better, and action was very good.

Batman was good too, great action and fighting.

Cyborg was much improved although i wish he didn’t brood so much.

Alfred is great, my favorite cinematic version yet.

The Amazonians were very badass.

Cinematically the shots looked amazing but that’s what Snyder does well.

Joker was much improved, the little that we got, as was Lex.

Superman was ok, Aquaman was ok.

Cons: Still not feeling Ezra Miller’s Flash, too goofy can’t take seriously at all.

Not a fan of Batman’s voice, better than Bales but still not great.

Jokers Laugh is still bad.

Too much slo mo.

Some of the Cgi looked bad.

The nightmare scene at the end was completely unnecessary.

Did they have to play the singing voice every time Wonder Woman was on screen?

Speaking of singing, didn’t care for the singing ladies in the Aquaman scene. I get why it was included just found it awkward.

Overall good, not great but good

7.5/10

Some of these scenes were below fan-made grade videos. And when
which part
IllinformedSpecificKakarikis-size_restricted.gif

lol, i did not like it; and I kept trying to find something nice to say about it.

I gave it a generous 9. It's probably an 8, but I enjoyed it a lot and think it deserves at least an extra .5 based on the passion alone, so I'm rounding up.

The bad:

-There'sway too much slow mo
-Ezra can suck at times, and his stride is awful. I laughed out loud in scenes with him a couple of times though, mainly because of Momoa
-Affleck has a line where they are going to fight Stepenwolf a second time and he says they are pretty much unbeatable this time because they are united. He doesn't know Supe is coming, so he's talking about everyone other than Supe, which makes no sense because they already fought him and were bested.
-Darkseid not knowing that the boxes were on Earth

The good:

-Every character is far better developed, I liked them all a lot save for Ezra at times.
-Cyborg steals the show for me. I can't get over how much I liked him in this. Yeah he's developed much more, but it's his presence, voice, and mannerisms that are excellent.
-WW's action/bank Robbery scene was total badass, why did they cut so much of that in the OG? I loved when she threw the bomb up after jumping, really cool scene. She and the little girl was a nice contrast to the violence that just transpired.
-Stepenwolf feels more ominous/threatening. He felt so useless in the Joss cut, has lot's of purpose here. His look is way better too. If anyone every read the Hyperion Cantos, he reminds me of the Shriek.
-Superman's outfit was mint!
-The length wasn't felt at all, until the epilogue. Aside from the Slow mo and some scenes dragging a bit, I really liked how scenes had lot's of time to marinate.
-Batman felt like the leader instead of a side character
-The Justice League felt like the Justice league.
-William Defoe, noice!
-Amber Heard using abilities, also noice.

The take it or leave it:
-Martian Manhunter being in it? Not helping Supe in man of Steel... why?
-Trying to do too much
-Darkseid....I don't know how I feel about him. Stepenwolf needed him, but I wasn't feeling him.

Anyway, I really hopes this promotes more JL!

Last edited:
Finally finished it tonight. Watched the first hour on Thursday night, two more hours last night, and the last hour tonight.

I liked it, but I have several gripes:

1. The Wonder Woman music fucking sucked, and for whatever fucking reason they play it every god damn time she’s in frame. Fuck me.

2. Too much slow. Like some of it was just obnoxious and superfluous. Cut that shit out.

3. Plot holes: BvS seemed to set up that Lex was working for Steppenwolf but there’s no mention of that in this movie. And Darkseid forgetting about Earth? What in the ever loving fuck??

Question for those that know: what’s the deal with the black Superman outfit? What’s its significance in the lore?

Wonder Women is the Thor of the DC Universe in that her power level is so inconsistent.

She can fly and make things invisible if she wants to but she hardly does. She has superspeed but moves in regular time most of the time.

69e08c33bda2523ce5af7de8a1a8a445.gif

Finally finished it tonight. Watched the first hour on Thursday night, two more hours last night, and the last hour tonight.

I liked it, but I have several gripes:

1. The Wonder Woman music fucking sucked, and for whatever fucking reason they play it every god damn time she’s in frame. Fuck me.

The music in general sucked. The music breaks were insufferable.

Question for those that know: what’s the deal with the black Superman outfit? What’s its significance in the lore?

He donned the black outfit after he got killed by Doomsday and reanimated in the comics (1993-ish?). I never read the comics but had friends that time who did. I don't know if the black color had significance but for the time then, I guess it was a good marketing tool to sell comics.

When people write "i fall a sleep x many times into the movie", I just cant take that serious.

Is it a meme or some stupid shit like that? A tool to make your argument more powerfull on how bad you found the movie?

Or do you guys watch movies on drugs?

Either way its so stupid thing to say. I have seen so many horrible movies in my life. But falling in sleep would be the last thing to happen.

I get mad and irritated. And unless i watch it with other people who wanna finish it, i just turn it off..

<{vega}><{vega}><{vega}>

Update: March 21, 2021

First Teaser Trailer for Black and White JUSTICE LEAGUE: JUSTICE IS GRAY

One thing I didn't understand was steppon wolfs banishment and him needing to destroy 50,000 more planets. Can someone explain that to me?

Was better than Whedons but still not really good either.

Cringe was heavy for me especially in the totally un needed epilouge

Finished it today, here are some of my thoughts.

Pros: Wonder Woman was better, and action was very good.

Batman was good too, great action and fighting.

Cyborg was much improved although i wish he didn’t brood so much.

Alfred is great, my favorite cinematic version yet.

The Amazonians were very badass.

Cinematically the shots looked amazing but that’s what Snyder does well.

Joker was much improved, the little that we got, as was Lex.

Superman was ok, Aquaman was ok.

Cons: Still not feeling Ezra Miller’s Flash, too goofy can’t take seriously at all.

Not a fan of Batman’s voice, better than Bales but still not great.

Jokers Laugh is still bad.

Too much slo mo.

Some of the Cgi looked bad.

The nightmare scene at the end was completely unnecessary.

Did they have to play the singing voice every time Wonder Woman was on screen?

Speaking of singing, didn’t care for the singing ladies in the Aquaman scene. I get why it was included just found it awkward.

Overall good, not great but good

7.5/10

I enjoy Mr. Irons very much but he’s no Michael Caine

So I had a thought last night while finishing the movie that all the Justice League members refer to each other by their ordinary names: Clark, Arthur, Victor etc. and it made me think of @Dragonlordxxxxx ’s jokes prior to the film’s original release about “Steve” (captain America) being a surprise seventh member of the League, because if Captain America had been in the movie they would have in fact called him Steve throughout.

Back