Zabit gave Davis a round to try to win, then punished for his words

All these weird ass haters hoping Zabit loses for some reason shock me. Most hate him because he's hyped or because they have something against Dagestani fighters.

If you're a real fan of mma then you can sit back and admire Zabit's game, his flawless head movement, how he creates distance for himself and darts right back in at any moments, even if he doesn't possess power it's beautiful how he slips punches and throws his hands, other than that flashy spinning shit. And his best aspect probably being his ground game, if you're an mma fan and you can't appreciate any of those things he does, then you're not a real mma fan.

All these weird haters trying to change the narrative of the fight to Zabit being scared of mighty Davis' striking so he had to take it to the ground LMAO. The only shots Davis was landing on the feet were leg kicks that didn't even make Zabit budge while he was trying to feel him out. Zabit slipped all of Davis' punches and had by far the best counters and effective strikes on the feet.

Before the fight Davis said his striking and wrestling was good, but his BJJ sucked, so Zabit proved a point and finished him with one of the slickest submissions ever after ragdolling him. I don't know how you can talk shit about his performance tonight.

Nah youre completely wrong. Zabit was trying to gauge him and failed. Change gameplan ad dominated there. He had nothing for him standing
I dunno about Zabit giving the round away, but that's a pretty gross overstatement on the stand up to indicate he got worked. It was a competitive first round, just more competitive than people probably thought it would be. Davis' best offense were some nice leg kicks, but Zabit was still tagging him up top, nearly tripled up on him in head strikes, landed some nice counters, and picked his shots very well. Davis just threw a lot more. You can give Davis the round, but saying Zabit "had nothing for him standing" is pretty dramatic. I also think he's still figuring out his pacing after gassing pretty badly against Bochniak, and wanted to pace himself and figure out his range more. Davis did a solid job on the feet and arguably took the first, but I saw nothing that gave me a "oh shit, better get this to the ground or I'm losing" vibe from Zabit. Hell, didn't Davis kinda rag on Zabit's grappling prior to the fight too? Well he showed him.

Last edited:
Agree with TS.

Zabit was clearly just exhibiting his excellent defensive skills.

The idea that he was unable to attack is a bad reading of round 1. He literally was showcasing his defensive arsenal, pretty plain to see.

he is great grappler no doubt, but Davis was sharper, so still room to improve

I was really impressed with how well that Zabit moves with every strike that is thrown at him. It really takes off the power that lands on him. Always impressed by his offense, but after tonight his I really respect how well he manages his defense.
This dude is no joke man, he's gonna be a great challenger maybe even champ one day.

Kinda like till did? He trew like one punch and one telegraphed kick

I'm gonna give him a little bit of sympathy because I think he had a good gameplan of trying to pour it on in the later rounds
But yeah

I was really impressed with how well that Zabit moves with every strike that is thrown at him. It really takes off the power that lands on him. Always impressed by his offense, but after tonight his I really respect how well he manages his defense.
This dude is no joke man, he's gonna be a great challenger maybe even champ one day.
<LikeReally5> Champ you say

<LikeReally5> Champ you say
Hard "Maybe"
He's showing improvement in each fight, if he keeps getting better he could be a solid contender.
But I'd like to see him tested against an actual ranked fighter. Impressed, but not gonna jerk him off blindly like other people's hype trains around here.

Lol.

You guys are hilarious. Zabit could have gotten himself knocked down and you guys would just say he was baiting him into his guard.

He would have fake a knockdown, just like Nate Diaz did

<{outtahere}>

Zabit will be the future GOAT. Already is most rounded MMA fighter of all time.

Back