Zabit gave Davis a round to try to win, then punished for his words

ViD

🇷🇺🤝🇺🇸
@Brown
Reaction score
For anyone who watched the fight, it was obvious Zabit wasn't going hard in the first round, he displayed magnificent footwork and head movement, he gave Davis a chance to try and win it, as soon as the second round started, Zabit got to work and dominated.

Davis said before the fight that Zabit has holes in his BJJ, he is good standing up and wrestling, but not that good in BJJ. Fatal mistake.

I wouldn't even say he gave him a round.

He out-classed him from the out-set.

I couldn't believe how fast his left was. One second he was bobbing and weaving and then out of nowhere he zings Davis hard enough to get him to back off.

Truly impressive.

He wanted none of Brandon's hands

Bitched out

Lol.

You guys are hilarious. Zabit could have gotten himself knocked down and you guys would just say he was baiting him into his guard.

For anyone who watched the fight, it was obvious Zabit wasn't going hard in the first round, he displayed magnificent footwork and head movement, he gave Davis a chance to try and win it, as soon as the second round started, Zabit got to work and dominated.

Davis said before the fight that Zabit has holes in his BJJ, he is good standing up and wrestling, but not that good in BJJ. Fatal mistake.

Nah youre completely wrong. Zabit was trying to gauge him and failed. Change gameplan ad dominated there. He had nothing for him standing

He definitely took the first round to feel him out. Most likely because they changed his opponent late in camp

Last edited:
Nah youre completely wrong. Zabit was trying to gauge him and failed. Change gameplan ad dominated there. He had nothing for him standing

it was fairly even its not like he "had nothing for him"

he barely tried anything, watch his previous fights to see how he typically goes about it.

Zabit is serious. Hopefully he pulls the move up to LW and bulks out a bit like Conor. I might get heat but I think he's better than Khabib. and I fucking love Khabib.

he barely tried anything, watch his previous fights to see how he typically goes about it.
Thats my point. If he was confident he would have engaged more. But he wasnt. Guy had some decent movement and zabit couldnt cope.. luckily zabit is well rounded

he took a round to feel him out. davis was pretty sharp, but didn't really have zabit in trouble at any time, so i think it's unfair to say zabit couldn't cope.

you could see how the grappling quickly sapped davis' speed, he was a lot slower and sloppier in the second round. zabit just upped the pressure and put him away.

he seems like the real deal, but i fear he might be a bit too wiry for 145. if he gets a stocky, bulked up wrestler, i could see him getting overpowered on the ground. reminds me of charles oliveira, a little bit. but it's still far too early to tell, we'll see when he gets someone ranked.

Zabit was clearly uncomfortable and getting outworked on the feet, he tried giving different looks with different ranges, stances and styles and couldn't get rhythm. The guy clearly has a lot of talent and is well rounded but he still needs plenty of time to grow. I think any top 15 guy beats him right now.

Pretty sure aside from the low kicks Davis did nothing. Zabit was landing the jab and various punches both up top and to the body. He didn't have a high output thats all.

Do you nuthug every Russian fighter?

Watch Davis interviews from the days before, he was saying he was going to stand and bang. Zabit already knew that, he wasn't even thinking about the feet. The plan was always to finish him on the ground, and he did.

Zabit was clearly uncomfortable and getting outworked on the feet, he tried giving different looks with different ranges, stances and styles and couldn't get rhythm. The guy clearly has a lot of talent and is well rounded but he still needs plenty of time to grow. I think any top 15 guy beats him right now.

And yet, he's the one chasing them, and they want to part of Zabit.

Half the people above him are coming off of loses. Zabit easily finishes Elkins, Swanson, Lamas. If Yair won't fight him, give him Lamas, Emmet or Stephens. Then if he gets through that, give him Aldo or Mendes.

Last edited:
From a skills perspective he's absolutely first rate. He does lack power and has some pacing issues though.

Zabit is like watching Lomachenko. If you're a student of the game you'll like him, if not he'll probably be quite forgettable for you.

Back