News Yushin Okami returns to MW, aims Aung La Nsang. Lifts 350lbs

Tony reps 350+ with no belt and perfect form.
GleefulGlassCuscus-size_restricted.gif

Tony reps 350+ with no belt and perfect form.
GleefulGlassCuscus-size_restricted.gif
I seriously wonder what it is that allows Ferguson to do these things, whereas others would constantly be injured.

I'm not talking about the amount of training, but the form!
If he intentionally wanted to herniate a disc he couldn't bent his back more, lol.

Funny that the guy criticizing MMA fighters on their weight lifting form is now accusing someone else of being a "condescending prick"

Pot, meet kettle
Critiquing his technique was literally thw point of the thread though.

No prob.

I do think that his depth is ok for training. IDK about powerlifting.

At least he is better than jones lol.

Looks a little better than Jones

Tbh it's OK as a gym lift, but many guys underestimate what a proper squat is

TBH I think all squats should be ass to grass lol

Is he even in the UFC? I thought he got cut. Or did the UFC sign Nsang?

They're so annoying for real...

They don't train nearly as much MMA and cardio as much as these fighters and then act like these fighters should be way stronger, lol, these gym-bros probably can't run a respectable 5k time themselves.

They're also usually amongst the most insecure people.

I picture them all as War Machines minus all the rape and biting. Well, most of them minus that stuff anyway.

According to MMA strength and conditioning coach Joel Jamieson a 1.9 X Bodyweight squat is borderline pro MMA.

https://www.ufc.com/news/are-you-fit-flyweight

I guess Okami is around 210 there considering he looks thicker around the middle than when he was in fight shape.

He is 100kgs, so closer to 220lbs.
But he is bulking and yeah, seems to be enjoying food as well after years been lean as fuck

But... body building is lifting for asthetics, no?

The sole goal is to look a certain way, nothing else.
To compare yours body aesthetics to others under a defined rule set. I’ve been to wrestling practice where they have under 12 year old kids doing lifts. Are they body builders?

I get what you are saying but typically the term body building is used to define the sport. If you take the term literally even people intentionally trying to be obese are body builders hahahah

I’ve lifted weights almost all my adulthood... to call what I do body building is an insult to body builders imo.

Last edited:
Obviously its not good for a proffesional weightlifter. Im asking if its a good mark for a non-professional.

Also, fighters work the weight room for a reason, it's not the most important aspect of fighting but is still relevant, especially for certain styles that rely a lot on physicality, as in Okami's case
350 is respectable

I used to do the 300 pounds 10 times at 195 pounds when I was 27 but it was hard on my body so I stopped going heavy really

Oh, I have a pretty good idea of lifting. I just don't powerlift. Let alone compete.

Fuck it.. I'm calling someone from the S&C forum... he is one of yours so he will probably say you are right. Let's see if he jumps in. @JimRussel

Pretty terrible angle to view from, but it does look high.

It doesn’t really matter, though. He’s not a powerlifter being judged on depth. He should just squat as deep as he can while maintaining proper technique.

Jesus how old is that man by now. The thing I remember him most by is being on the wrong side of one of the greatest comebacks in MMA history.

Back