Your worst injury? come back stronger...did you come back?

I sprained my ankle when I got hit with the flying scissors. It took about 6 months before I was training and a year before I was 100%, but I made it back.

anyone considering quitting BJJ due to injuries will certainly do so after reading this thread.

Post-concussion syndrome. Out since September 2013.

Oh, this is me. I've had multiple 1 month layoffs due to post concussion syndrome. I should really stop. One time I was dizzy and couldn't concentrate for 6 months.

Right common extensor tendon sprain at the elbow attachment a couple years ago from stubbornly refusing to tap to an armbar. There was a literal snap due to the lack of tap.

I couldn't bend my right elbow for two months. It was several months of rehab to get full range of motion, and a full year until any residual pain subsided.

Just spent almost 4 months out due to a pulmonary embolism. I get back on the mats today.

As far as injury injury... I had my left foot dislocated and partially separated my lateral/colateral ligaments which put me out for about a month. I've also popped my elbow and impinged my ulnar nerve which put me out for about two weeks. Also a shit ton of finger injuries that didn't keep me from training.

Reading this thread is making my knees hurt.

Sprained my ankle pretty bad about a month after I first started. Kept me out for 2 months and it was back to square one when I returned. Haven't had anything serious since, except a nasty turf toe. Not a major hindrance, but the damn thing still isn't 100% after 6 months.

I tore neck/shoulder muscles right after Thanksgiving. I'm just now getting back. God damn neck cranks...

I did a crappy single leg attempt, the guy I was rolling with did a rolling kimura from it. My shoulder felt fucked and couldn't do much for about 1.5 - 2 months

Injured groin. Worst injury I ever had. It hurt to even roll over in bed.

I was out from Jan to June last year. By October, I felt 100%.

between boxing and jiu jitsu i have broken my nose, toe, gotten multiple staph infections, chipped my teeth and the worst was dislocatiing my knee cap and tearing my meniscus which required surgery and it still bothers me to this day

Herniated disc with 70% nerve loss and paralysis. Came back to All American 2x

3 ACL replacements with torn meniscus (2L, 1R) Came back for world bronze, silver, and us open champ.

Surgery isnt what it was 10 years ago. You can pretty much be back to competition in 6 months with anything.

I heard that 80% of students will not come back after an injury.

Just had my second surgery for a torn meniscus this Monday. Here in Canada it takes forever to get an MRI and then surgery. Or at least where I live. I will always love grappling but I am done after this. Sticking to S&C + Muay Thai. (Personally I have never had any major injuries striking)

Had a gnarly shoulder labrum repair. It was torn to shit. I just came back fatter.
I've had two meniscus surgeries. They are not big deal. Fully healed now.
I broke my hand bad and have arthiritis and can't use it all the way. I don't really care.

Back