your training frustrations

Did I already say neck cranks! Damn they can irk the hell out of me!

my bad back. i swear being only able to train hard three days out of the week can be frustrating but i just work technique or do yoga/stretching on off days, which end up helping my game long term anyways.

my knees and my flexibility. my damn knees and hips do not flex all the way, and i suspect i have a minor tear in the meniscus of my left knee.

Giving up 100+ pounds to people who don't want to work on technique, getting outmuscled, flattened, crushed and smothered en route to a strength driven submission is not my idea of fun. I know its part of jiu jitsu being able to deal with larger guys, but the big ones with no interest in developing good technique is just a pain in the ass.

This.

I'm 125 lbs and I've rolled with guys who are 200+ that will use all their weight to smother me and muscle for the submission. Same guy, would take his forearm and drive it DEEP into my neck/face :mad: and would still be unable to accomplish what he was going for which was passing my halfguard. I'm not going to lie after our time was up, I gave the guy an angry/disappointed look and just walked away. It was not cool and he knew it.

I've experienced a plateau many times. What I do is I start working another part of my game.

i hate when people brute force kimuras on my tiny arms =(

on a side note, i also hate when i tweak my neck while im sleeping. its like wtf...

I have missed the last week due to the flu so that is annoying me at the moment should be right to go back tonight though.

injury and people that don't like to drill frustrate me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back