Your thoughts on Bellator's inaugural PPV.

is tito/rampage worthy of being a main event? probably not. should it matter? definitely not. it sounds like most people are happy with the overall card, so who cares about the order? if you think alvarez vs. chandler is main event worthy, then you have a main event. people in here just bitch to bitch.

who cares if tito and rampage are past their primes? not every fight has to be between 2 guys in the title picture. sometimes a fight can just be for fun. this could be a stinker, but if you treat it as 2 legends going at it instead of whining because its the main event and neither are in their prime, perhaps it might be a good side attraction.

is mo vs. newton for a "real" title? who cares? what does the winner getting have to do with the fight? the fight should be interesting considering the history between the two. but many will bitch because they like to shit on bellator and since mo is bellator's "guy" they are just gonna shit on anything he does

to talk about a card being shitty for reasons tha have nothing to do with the fights themselves is the height of stupidity. for people to say that it sucks because tito vs. rampage is not a main event, mo and newton isnt for a real title, or alvarez doesnt deserve a title shot because he didnt win a tournament is just stupid. the snobbery of may people on this forum is ridiculous

Last edited:
I think it's an excellent card. I'm tentatively planning to buy tickets. I just hope no one pulls out.

If Rampage/Ortiz wasn't on this card, Bellator could offer it at MUCH lower PPV rate.

More people would then buy it, to see the 3 title fights.

But the high PPV price will be bankrolling two fighters that most MMA fans have no interest in seeing fight each other.

What lawsuit did they win against the UFC? What lawsuit were they in against the UFC? Bellator and UFC aren't the only orgs with international tv deals.

They won a legal battle over the rights to Eddie Alvarez. Not a direct lawsuit, but still a win against the UFC.

That's true about the TV deals, but I was just talking about Bellator's progress.

As for Bjorn saying he won't match if UFC offers an immediate title shot. What a joke that is. Who does Bjorn think he is and what dillusuion is he under that UFC is in desperate need of Askren. UFC will take Askren or they will drive up Bjorn operating costs. Bjorn can't afford another fighter getting paid 70k to show. UFC would like to have Askren but they don't need him. The only person Bellator is screwing with is Ben.

It is a joke, but I like his idea. So why not give it a try.
It's not that the UFC is desperate for Askren. it's that Bellator doesn't want Askren, and having a former Bellator champ dethrone a long time UFC champ would be good publicity for Bellator. If Askren knocks off one of the P4P best, Bjorn can say Bellator has the best champions, because they can go to the UFC and dominate.

Besides the match would be a direct UFC vs Bellator/champion vs champion match.*
If Askren could win, Bjorn would ride that wave 'til the end of time.

If Askren doesn't get a immediate title shot he may never get one. Look at Lombard. Even Rockhold lost his match. Nick Diaz as well.
Anyway, since Bjorn doesn't want Askern he may as well try to get some publicity from his departure.

I doubt Dana will bite, but it's a cute play by Bjorn.
And yes, Askren's just getting a screwjob through all this.

is tito/rampage worthy of being a main event? probably not. should it matter? definitely not. it sounds like most people are happy with the overall card, so who cares about the order? if you think alvarez vs. chandler is main event worthy, then you have a main event. people in here just bitch to bitch.

I see it as a bonus match. Imagine if after Jones/Gus took place Rogan came out and announced that there'd be one more bout. Cro Cop vs Big Nog for 3 rounds.
It doesn't make sense, it's just for kicks.
Sure the main event is over, but who doesn't want one more match between legends.
Primed or not. It's entertaining.

I don't think I have ever seen a card where a different fight order could literally make the card look 3x as good.. Congrats on being the first to achieve that Bellator. It's as good as some UFC ppvs without question.

Chandler v Alvarez (title)
Curran v Straus (title)
Page v Tito
Mo v Newton (non-title.. you fked up taking Vegh out of the picture Bellator, he is a legit 205 fighter)
Kongo v Spartan

Needs one more good fight to be a "stacked" ppv.. If this card had Sclemenko v Marshall on it, it would be stacked.

I don't care about the price. $30 v $50? I have other things to think about. It will come down to whether I want to spend a Saturday night watching it versus catching the card a day or so later

I don't think that the PPV is going to do very well. I hope that I am wrong. I can't claim to be a huge Bellator fan but I do watch some of their Spike shows and I would like to see the org do well in the long run

This is exactly where I am. Not a huge Bellator aficionado but am rooting for them as an org nonetheless.

They won a legal battle over the rights to Eddie Alvarez. Not a direct lawsuit, but still a win against the UFC.
Not a win over the UFC. It also never was decided by the court. Eddie settled with Bellator so there was nothing decided by the courts. UFC didn't need Eddie, like Askren they would of liked to have him but they don't need him. Now Bellator is paying him a huge for a 1 fight contract.

That's true about the TV deals, but I was just talking about Bellator's progress.

It is a joke, but I like his idea. So why not give it a try.
It's not that the UFC is desperate for Askren. it's that Bellator doesn't want Askren, and having a former Bellator champ dethrone a long time UFC champ would be good publicity for Bellator. If Askren knocks off one of the P4P best, Bjorn can say Bellator has the best champions, because they can go to the UFC and dominate.

Besides the match would be a direct UFC vs Bellator/champion vs champion match.*
If Askren could win, Bjorn would ride that wave 'til the end of time.

If Askren doesn't get a immediate title shot he may never get one. Look at Lombard. Even Rockhold lost his match. Nick Diaz as well.
Anyway, since Bjorn doesn't want Askern he may as well try to get some publicity from his departure.

I doubt Dana will bite, but it's a cute play by Bjorn.
And yes, Askren's just getting a screwjob through all this.
Thats what Bjorn wants. If UFC even agreed to the offer it would give undue clout to Bellator. It would say his accomplishments in Bellator justify a UFC title shot. That's why UFC won't even respond unless Dana is asked diectly.

I probably won't purchase the ppv, don't know anyone interested in pitching in & I'm not going to spend $50+ on it and I doubt any local bars will be getting it so I won't be watching the ppv. However, I'll watch the Spike TV prelims and some of the spike.com prelims - I didn't realize Brandon Halsey was fighting, I'm interested in watching him (have watched him compete in wrestling since he was in high school).

Just pretend it isn't the main event and Chandler-Alverez is.

You probably paid to see Tito-Forrest 3, Tito-Bader, or Rampage-Hamill recently but you won't pay for this?
I bet what I did for those 3 cards is what a lot of people did.

I watched Anderson v Silva II (main event for the Ortiz v Forrest 3 fight) at a bar, $5 or $10 cover charge. The Ortiz vs Forrest fight had no impact on me watching that fight, I was watching for Anderson v Sonnen.

Paying to watch UFC 132 doesn't mean one was doing so to watch Ortiz v Bader; most people that watched it probably weren't basing their decision on that fight. Bought it with some friends, none of us were watching because of Ortiz and most of us have been watching Ortiz fight since he first entered the UFC (hell, one of us was wrestling at Bakersfield St when Ortiz was there & he had little interest in the fight).

UFC 130 Rampage - Hamill: didn't pay to watch it at home or at a bar. Local bar didn't even get it, was Memorial Day weekend, in the past 4 years that bar has only passed on 2 UFC ppvs. Didn't even care enough to make a 3 mile drive to watch it at another bar and it would have been free there.

Last edited:
Its gonna cost the same as a UFC PPV.

I watched Anderson v Silva II (main event for the Ortiz v Forrest 3 fight) at a bar, $5 or $10 cover charge. The Ortiz vs Forrest fight had no impact on me watching that fight, I was watching for Anderson v Silva.
wat

I bet what I did for those 3 cards is what a lot of people did.

I watched Anderson v Silva II (main event for the Ortiz v Forrest 3 fight) at a bar, $5 or $10 cover charge. The Ortiz vs Forrest fight had no impact on me watching that fight, I was watching for Anderson v Silva.

Paying to watch UFC 132 doesn't mean one was doing so to watch Ortiz v Bader; most people that watched it probably weren't basing their decision on that fight. Bought it with some friends, none of us were watching because of Ortiz and most of us have been watching Ortiz fight since he first entered the UFC (hell, one of us was wrestling at Bakersfield St when Ortiz was there & he had little interest in the fight).

UFC 130 Rampage - Hamill: didn't pay to watch it at home or at a bar. Local bar didn't even get it, was Memorial Day weekend, in the past 4 years that bar has only passed on 2 UFC ppvs. Didn't even care enough to make a 3 mile drive to watch it at another bar and it would have been free there.
Personally I will not buy a PPV unless it involves a fighter who is #1 in their division. I don't mean #1 in their org I mean #1 in their division.

It is a stacked card and I hope that it's a success.

Personally I will not buy a PPV unless it involves a fighter who is #1 in their division. I don't mean #1 in their org I mean #1 in their division.

Why? That's just a terrible attitude to have

The timing is gonna hurt them. 166 167 and Manny/Rios are around it and out of those cards Bellator is def the 4th option.

If this was on during a time where there was no boxing PPV and maybe in a month with no UFC PPV or no good UFC PPV they would be better off.

Back