Your saddest UFC event?

UFC 76: Knockout really fucking sucked, not only because it absolutely failed at living up to its title with all PPV fights going to decision, but it was Shogun's first UFC fight, and he showed up pudgy, out of shape, flat, and got tapped by fucking Forrest Griffin of all people.

UFC 92 also had two of the saddest moments in MMA as far as I am concerned, with Wanderlei losing to Rampage by vicious KO, and then fucking Frank Mir finishing Nogueira, who, at the time, if I'm not mistaken, had never been finished with strikes. That night sucked.

Didn't he get injured rolling with that monster from The Game of Thrones cast? The Mountain I should say. Hasn't thought much since then?
Unless Thor gave him the old Prince Oberyn (<Ellaria01>), then I'd think he'd be back by now! <lol><lol>

199: Bisping beat Rockhold and then held up the division for years while fighting no contenders. And now he shills for powerslap and would literally let Dana White nut on his face.

201: Lawler getting beat, ending the most exciting reign in WW history, and now it's been nearly a decade of nothing but insufferable douche bags holding the belt.

He was the champ for a little over a year. Lmao at “years”.

No one questions Jones' performance or ability, but both him and Schaub are major turdbags, while both Mirko and Shogun are the epitome of respectful martial artists. That's why it was tough for me, but I understand that some of you just like to see the world burn.
Were you aware Jones was the favorite going into that bout? Also he wasn't known as a douchebag back then, he was still playing the part of choir boy.

That's mine for sure. Ken Shamrock is my favorite fighter, so while it sucked seeing him lose to Tito Ortiz and Rich Franklin, I could at least console myself with the knowledge that Ken was pushing the sport forward with his name bringing so many eyes to the sport and creating so many new fans. Cro Cop is my second favorite fighter, and him losing to Gonzaga was just devastating. No good came from that, there was no silver lining. Cro Cop's aura was destroyed, it was a humiliating defeat to a grappler who'd barely ever even thrown strikes, he lost by head kick after being a fearsome head kicker, we lost out on him challenging Randy for the belt, and last but not least I'd been telling everyone with ears in my high school to be sure to watch UFC 70 to see Cro Cop kick some BJJ nobody's head into the stands.

<Prem972><mma1>

Was Cro Cop’s aura not destroyed when he got iced in under two minutes by another grappler with rudimentary striking in Kevin Randleman?

Was Cro Cop’s aura not destroyed when he got iced in under two minutes by another grappler with rudimentary striking in Kevin Randleman?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that this is a serious question, no. Not only had Randleman already established his striking prowess - he TKO'd Ninja by blowing his face up with that monster left hook and he staggered Rampage who said on the mic that Randleman hit hard and would maintain that nobody ever hit him harder - but Cro Cop very shortly thereafter added another quintessential LHK HL-reel finish to his resume when he knocked out Aleksander Emelienanko and avenged the loss to Randleman in the same calendar year, after which he'd challenge Fedor for the title and then win the OWGP. It was very different with him coming to the UFC after being the OWGP champ, clearly taking Gonzaga lightly, and then getting his shit pushed in on the ground before getting flatlined with his own signature move.

the only one that really gutted me was aldo against mcnugget. it just felt like a huge injustice, like all was not right in the world.

Greasegate. Seeing gsp slipping up and down BJ's guard, as if he licked the guard's clit first in order to make the guard nice and wet, made me very sad.

Were you aware Jones was the favorite going into that bout? Also he wasn't known as a douchebag back then, he was still playing the part of choir boy.
I was aware, I refused to believe it.

Also I always saw right through his choir boy act.

Back