Your reaction to the site migration news tomorrow?

I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY BUT IMAGINE, JUST IMAGINE that this is just regular maintenance

Am I reading this right. Sherdog is going off line again? I see a big green banner at the top. Expected to be over 12 hours, and up to 24?

If true you have got to be kidding me. The last one expected to last several hours, lasted over 2 days. Great freaking timing.

I don't see anything about it on my end.

And this is how Sherdog ends. It was good knowing ya boys and girls.

Have you people ever migrated a forum site to the cloud before?

Have you ever had to do security, login or credential upgrades?

What about update the database capacity because they're at 90% capacity?

Well, maybe the folks at CraveOnline haven't either <45>because ya, whatever it is they're doing, it probably shouldn't be that hard. And since they estimated it would take 12 hours but took 36 instead and another attempt a few days later., someone clearly missed something during the planning meetings.

But still, these things do include downtime. And sometimes in tech, things go wrong. You'll survive.

Last edited:
I'm going to sue these bastards.

giphy.gif

Have you people ever migrated a forum site to the cloud before?

Have you ever had to do a DNS upgrade?

What about update the database capacity because they're at 90% capacity?

Well, maybe the folks at CraveOnline haven't either <45>because ya, it shouldn't be that hard. But still it does include downtime.

You'll survive.

Everybody is cooped up right now. Did they really have to shut it down twice in the space of less than one week? I also read most migrations take 20 minutes to about 3 hours.

tumblr_mvnqzvKLvd1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

<{cruzshake}><{hughesimpress}><{nope}>{<RR}<codychoke><31><31>

Fookin hell mate

this site needs a refrag and a bot scan

Everybody is cooped up right now. Did they really have to shut it down twice in the space of less than one week?
You don't pay a dime. You don't get a say.

Yes, even though half of their IT department started working from home (like the other half already did) a few weeks ago, they still have schedules to keep.

But hey. You could quit sherdog over it. Maybe get a few thousand other sherdoggers to join you. That might give you some pull. Do you have it in you?

UFC I mean Sherdog is dying

"Sherdog was never my friend" - Sherdog

lower your expectations, the site has always been managed like dog shit don’t expect anything more.

Back