Your reaction if Holly KOs Ronda with a high kick

Happy_dance.gif

My initial reaction would be "AWESOME!" followed by "Damnit now we have to watch another rematch!"

As it happens:

Hannibal-Screaming-Internally-gif.gif

When the fight is over:

80057-eddie-murphy-fuck-you-gif-Imgu-bD0x.gif

After leaving the bar, same thing I did when Frankie lost a BS decision to Benson:

giphy.gif

Holly doesn't sit down on her strikes enough to KO decent opponents. She is too worried about being taken down. Against Ronda she will be even more worried about being taken down so she will probably be on her bicycle even more than usual.

...and for precisely that reason, she has more of a chance than anyone Rousey has faced so far. Trying to land big shots on Ronda, especially early, is a sign of panic and a recipe for failure.

Holm's only chance is to stay light, be absolutely boring if necessary until Ronda slows, then maybe go for the finish. I believe that she has the IQ, discipline and skills to pull it off ...but of course, I also believe that Rousey can end this very quick.

i honestly don't think holly stands a chance and its another easy first round win for rousey.

holly won't be able to defend the take downs of rousey....the problem is holly can try and keep her distance using her boxing and leg kicks but ronda will just charge in forward and once she's close enough she'll grab holly and judo toss her to the mat and easily submit her by arm bar.

Until ronda fights someone who is no threat to her on the ground she's going to keep winning, she can rely on her stand up to eat shots or to get in close to land her own like she did against bethe, but once she's inside she can rely on her ground game if in trouble or wants to attempt to finish it early with a submission. She needs someone who can destroy her on the feet but at the same time have a ground game that will stop ronda from getting the armbar locked in....holly may have good stand up but not her ground game. also i wouldn't be surprised if ronda ko or tko'd holly simply because ronda seems to put power into her shots she'd go out there to try and out box her or finish holly in the stand up, worse case she can easily win by getting holly to the ground and lock the armbar.

But really, when Holly tries to knock out Ronda, this is how it'll end for her:

x5V772zrSlS2cRyGuTw0_Kid-Punchout.gif

Back