Your opinions on UFC match making & the legitamacy of Joe Silva?

FightMatrix's rankings are the exact opposite of broscience.

Not going to say they're 100% scientific, by any means, but they are based on ACTUAL results, rather than unsubstantiated opinion.

Donna White = biased opinions
FightMatrix = objective facts

You're really gonna compare an impotent and emotionally confused Dana White to a statistical computer program?

michael-jordan-lol.gif

How does FightMatrix's algorithm work exactly?

What Sherdog does (and we all do it here) is not matchmaking. It's fantasy booking. It's done without the constraints of knowing injuries, locations of cards, needs for cards AROUND the card in question, the whims and concerns of fighters and managers, the demands of television networks/PPV and most importantly, the desires to make enough money to call your event profitable.

It's one thing to say, for instance, the UFC should match up Guy A vs Guy B. It's another thing to find a venue where you can host Guy A vs Guy B. Then call both managers/fighters and try to put it together. Then try to convince Guy A that Guy B is the right opponent for him. Then talk to the manager of Guy B that Guy C might be a potential option---even if Guy B doesn't quite like the idea of fighting Guy C because they trained together once or etc etc. In the mean time, you've got Guy E who nobody wants to fight and has been out of action for a while and is need of a fight before his contract rolls over into the next year. So NOW you gotta find a spot for Guy E while negotiating Guy A vs Guy B in Venue 1----and then when Guy A calls you back and says he wants to fight a little later, you're forced doing Guy B vs Guy E and dealing with people who are fantasy booking running you through the ringer.

i'll have to disagree with you. joe silva does the matchmaking based on his own views and the opinions from a limited group of ufc personnel e.g., uncle dana, lorenzo, shelby, etc. in contrast, sherdog posters represent a much larger and broader view and opinions on matchmaking that isn't confined to a small group of ufc individuals.

collectively, sherdog posters would do a much better job at matchmaking than joe silva could ever do by himself. the exception to this is obviously the lack of internal ufc information regarding profit considerations, fighter contract obligations, etc. that would influence the matchmaking process. otherwise, i would take sherdog posters over joe silva any day of the week.

Pretty sure WSOF didn't throw big money at him either. Think he admitted One FC made him a better offer.

There's something about him that doesn't appeal to the major orgs and the people who hold the decision making power. It also doesn't appeal to the casual fans either given that he got a big promotional push from Bellator and just never clicked.

I feel as if his antics seems a bit juvenile at times (if you watch how he acts sometimes back in Bellator days). Juvenile not as in selling himself with antics like Chael does, but ACTUALLY juvenile.

His asking price was probably too high as well vs how my tickets he can sell I think, that might be the reason.

i'll have to disagree with you. joe silva does the matchmaking based on his own views and the opinions from a limited group of ufc personnel e.g., uncle dana, lorenzo, shelby, etc. in contrast, sherdog posters represent a much larger and broader view and opinions on matchmaking that isn't confined to a small group of ufc individuals.

collectively, sherdog posters would do a much better job at matchmaking than joe silva could ever do by himself. the exception to this is obviously the lack of internal ufc information regarding profit considerations, fighter contract obligations, etc. that would influence the matchmaking process. otherwise, i would take sherdog posters over joe silva any day of the week.

Hahahahaha... What?!

I can't even IMAGINE the clusterfuck that would occur if Sherdog were to try and book just one card, let alone all of them.

Shertards can't agree on ANYTHING, nothing would ever get done.

There are a lot of people ITT who are severely underestimating Joe Silva's job.

Y'all are going full retard.

I wouldn't call Soa's next opponent a can he is 10-1 and 2-0 in the UFC on a 6 fight win streak.

Back