Your most OVERRATED game

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
God of War 4. There I said it. I played through it. It was fine but seeing people post as their GOAT game....

<JagsKiddingMe>

Edit: I totally forgot about MGSV. The most "Wtf is going on" game I've ever played. Boring and repetitive missions, boring plain world, almost zero story, end game credits role after every missions etc....

Last edited:
First thing that came to mind is Bioshock Infinite. I thought it absolutely paled in comparison to the first game yet seemed to garner a dick sucking beyond belief.

First thing that came to mind is Bioshock Infinite. I thought it absolutely paled in comparison to the first game yet seemed to garner a dick sucking beyond belief.
For some reason I could never get into the Bioshock series. I beat the first one then tried the others but never finished them.

Last edited:
As a Playstation guy first series I was excited to play when I got an Xbox was Halo. I enjoyed them but they're all the exact same.
I enjoyed the first 3 a lot, but even so thought they were overrated for what they were, people got well into the lore and story but I always felt it was pretty meh.

Big step down in quality from the first game imo.
Loved 2, but the story wasnt in te same class as the first. The first has maybe a top 3 narrative in VG history. Never finished infinite, due to how often mob enemies pop up for a quick gallery shootout session. Got boring real quick, but Ill finish it sometime in the future.

Bioshock 1 is just so good because of the story, setting and characters. The gameplay was meh and I wish it was more immersive sim like instead of being more basic in that sense.
Red Dead Redemption 2

The world is great but everything else about it sucks.

Controls, Mission design, Gameplay, Pacing, etc.
Nailed it.

The same issue with most Rockstar games.

How dare you TS! And that goes to you as well @Dizzy

<{katwhu}>
Not bad, just overrated lol. I played, beat, and overall enjoyed Infinite. Bioshock just left such an impression on me that I couldn’t get the praise at the time that it was one of the best games ever.

Oddly enough every game that's rated 95+ on Metacritic is overrated to me. I don't know what it is but perhaps I get way too hyped for a game with that high of a score that it sets me up for disappointment.

1) BotW - This is my number one choice. Game just bored me, everything breaks so easily so you're constantly looking for another weapon. The game feels pretty empty and there's no interesting story to keep you engaged. I stopped after 8 hours.

2) Red Dead Redemption 2 - Fantastic story but a chore to play gameplay wise. Let a video game be a video game, I don't want everything to imitate real life.

3) Elden Ring - Definitely going to trigger some people but I simply don't think this is the masterpiece everyone says it is. A great game for sure that I put a lot of hours into but by the end I can't help but feel that they recycled too much content to make the game feel longer. Everything after the capital was disappointing to me and by then fatigue really sets in because it is all copy and paste content. Bosses never felt balanced properly, everything is either too strong (for a melee build) or a pushover. There weren't many fights where I felt evenly matched like I did in Sekiro. I know I'm in a small minority but I felt like this game was a step back from them after Sekiro.

Back